homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » What I love about America...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What I love about America...
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted January 01, 2008 17:08      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that it's full of good people who realize things need to change.

-

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2008 18:51      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would really like to own one of these.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2008 19:32      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpazGirl:

A human torso?

I could dig one up for you when the ground thaws...

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2008 20:04      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SpazGirl wrote:

Try their main web page. There's a store:
http://www.codepink4peace.org/

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2008 21:15      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cap'n: I think I've got the torso thing covered pretty well. Thank you though!

Steen: Thanks!

--------------------
Things, and things.

Trikkerat
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 13403

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted January 02, 2008 21:57      Profile for Trikkerat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is a pretty cool shirt. I miss America too.

--------------------
To the world you are one person, to a rat, you are the world.

Posts: 4 | From: Ks. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
brainisfried
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3067

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 07:11      Profile for brainisfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to know how the Code Pink girl proposes making peace with the Islamists who take the Koran's bit about Islam taking over the world, killing the infidels, and going straight to heaven when Muslims die in battle seriously. Hint: offering her pretty body is not going to be effective.
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 03, 2008 08:19      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by brainisfried:
I'd like to know how the Code Pink girl proposes making peace with the Islamists who take the Koran's bit about Islam taking over the world, killing the infidels, and going straight to heaven when Muslims die in battle seriously. Hint: offering her pretty body is not going to be effective.

(Taking the flame bait: [evil] ) Maybe by having people realise that it's hopelessness that makes people turn into fanatics, thus offering hope to those people is a much more effective shot for peace than any number of bullets. [Razz]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 08:29      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to agree with Stereo on this one. If you don't have hope the world is capable of change, it won't ever change. Also, they are trying to reach out to people in the Middle East.
quote:
The first all-women CODEPINK peace delegation went to Iraq in Februrary, 2003. We have since sent multiple delegations to Iraq, Jordan, Iran and Afghanistan to deliver humanitarian aid and make diplomatic and human connections.
You might want to try reading the website before you start poking at an organization. When you reach out to people sometimes the people reach back.

--------------------
Things, and things.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture