homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » USA Cop Killing at Record Levels! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: USA Cop Killing at Record Levels!
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2007 17:37      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All ________________________ I am truly saddened by the direction all of the world has taken, I truly do not know what it would take to get all of society back on board to a "Peace On Earth Good Will to All On The Face Of The Earth."

Lets face it we are all trapped here, lets make the best of the situation, hold a door for a stranger, help the elderly, maybe some of it will rub off on our leaders.

I guess I can dream can't I.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 20, 2007 18:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ASM65816:
Would you feel better if I criticized some other countries for lack of law to prevent large numbers of AK-47's in the hands of children?
      (I'm guessing the answer is "No.")

I'd feel better if you occasionally addressed the topic under discussion, instead of delivering the usual pre-packaged "Oh yeah, well what about (your usual hate-list) ?" when they're totally irrelevant to the topic at hand.

<sfx>clickety-click</sfx>
La la la la la I can't hear you!

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted October 20, 2007 19:22      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been asked to post in a civil manner. I will abide by that.

I wish that ASM had to follow the same rules of civil behavior as the other posters.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2007 09:33      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
October 20, 2007, 17:37
I truly do not know what it would take to get all of society back on board to a "Peace On Earth Good Will to All On The Face Of The Earth."

You're living in a dream world.

The sign on the REAL World is:
quote:
This planet has gone:       0   days
without Humans killing other Humans.

The farther I look into the past, the more blood and carnage (per capita) I see.

If you think the stereotype 60's with hippies doing drugs was "peace" -- the price of constant drug use and addiction is an early and not-so-pretty death, and according to police chief Timoney: Drugs Fuel Violence. Timoney said that about the 90's -- Clinton was president then, not Bush -- your selective memory is showing.

If you want to "discourage" Cop Killing -- execute anyone that kills Cops.
quote:
... Dodge City before Wyatt Earp instituted strong-arm gun control?
By "strong-arm" -- that means "shoot'em" and "hang'em" if they get out of line? I ask because hanging seemed popular in those days.

quote:
"... addressed the topic under discussion"

"... post in a civil manner. I will abide by that."

[shake head]   So far, the Leftist concept of "civil" is:
  • Rant "The US is the Center of All Evil." (Topic under discussion: "I Hate America")
  • Attack anyone that says anything about the excessive brutality that exists elsewhere on earth.

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

Posts: 1035 | From: Third rock from sun. | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2007 13:28      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a leftist.

I'm a pretty conservative person.

I'm not evil.

ASM posts in this thread are off-topic and are of a personal nature.

I thought recent posts by Snaggy assured this kind of nastiness would cease.

Apparently the rules only apply to select parties.

We'll see what happens.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Explainer
Mini Geek
Member # 5716

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2007 14:38      Profile for The Explainer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fine example of the cascading misunderstanding that can arise if Mr 65816's actions are not interpreted in light of The Explainer's "Great Satan" theory.

Mr Panic (an American) deplores the growing number of "cop killings" in America.

Mr 65816 interprets this as
quote:
"The US is the Center of All Evil." (Topic under discussion: "I Hate America")

and refutes the statement he thinks he read by pointing out 2 examples (involving warfare) of greater violence elsewhere.

Mr Panic wrongly assumes Mr 685816 is responding to what Mr Panic actually wrote, and interprets Mr 65816's response as a statement of support (or lack of sympathy) for "cop killing".

When Mr Druid (who also thinks the discussion is about "cop killing") questions the relevance of Mr 65816's examples, Mr 65816 interprets that as
quote:
Attack anyone that says anything about the excessive brutality that exists elsewhere on earth.

Posts: 53 | From: The hall of logic | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2007 16:52      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colonel Panic, ASM does tend to brand highly exaggerated, reductio ad absurdum versions of the arguments he imagines are used against him as coming from "lunatics" or "leftist lunatics" from which I suppose we may imagine he believes us at the least mildly delusional. Apart from this, to his credit, he seldom makes a personal attack on anyone, and if he does it is usually in response to something much worse said against him.

It is of course also true that he is a monomaniac, posts nothing but rants, and pretty nonsensical ones at that, refuses to have any of the absurd arguments he uses examined forensically, and meets any attempt to do so by longer and longer posts answering arguments that are not put to him, and sharing more and more of his irrelevant and fantastical obsessions.

His political views are also deeply repulsive. When talking to ASM on these boards, I feel that I know what it must have been like in the 1930s to talk to to an earnest and polite member of the Hitler Youth and listen to him explain calmly and reasonably how the worldwide Zionist conspiracy is the most dangerous problem facing western civilisation. I also have a sneaking suspicion that if the religious war ASM so earnestly desires was to occur, he might even be happy to help in the implementation of some final solution to the Islamic problem.

However this does not take away from the fact that however annoying he is, and morally repulsive his views, he treats other members of the forum here fairly, and with respect. If you find him tedious as I do, it is simpler to just not read, and certainly a waste of time to respond, to his posts, as it only encourages him to believe he has said something significant. I have wasted far too much time trying to tease some coherent thought out of him, and encourage him to engage in real debate. If he learns the difference between informed debate and rambling disconnected ranting, the situation might change. And pigs might fly!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2007 17:14      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All _______________________ Wow, all I wanted to do is go back the the times between WW2 and Korea when Roy Rogers, Dale Evens, Hop a Long Casidy, Red Skelton, and Edger Bergan were alive and TV had not yet invaded our homes.

I hear about drugs and hippies in the sixties some how intertwined with President Clinton,

The world seems to have gone to hell in a hand basket.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted October 21, 2007 19:10      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in the "pro-gun" camp (surprise, surprise). Honestly, if you don't like guns, don't buy one. Nobody's forcing you.

I won't bust out the tired old cliches about guns not killing people, or the fact that cars kill more people (it's hard to find a total; comparing numbers from googling 'US deaths from guns' and 'US deaths from cars', it seems that just a bit more people die from automotive accidents than firearm incidents).

If Joe Blow goes down and kills some people with a firearm, what makes you think you have a right to take my guns from me? I've never done anything.

You may think the second amendment is stupid or irrelevant, but then again, that doesn't surprise me. Anti-gun people just don't understand. Do you live with guns? Have your parents taught you how to handle them? The responsibility that goes behind them? No? Then please, don't try to take them away from those of us who use them responsibly.

Do I trust the cops? Fsck no. No real reason, except that standard-issue superiority complex that comes with being a law enforcement officer. I sure as hell don't trust the Feds, especially now.

Then again, now that I think about it- if you want to get rid of guns, then let the states make that decision on their own. Maybe Urban areas will disallow firearms, and see how that works out. I know my state certainly will not outlaw guns, because they aren't considered a problem here.

Re Stereo/dichotomy of opinions: Yeah, isn't freedom of thought and expression great? You get a whole bunch of crackpots scattered all over the board, but when you take the average of all of them you (usually) get a decent outlook on life.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 8 posted October 21, 2007 20:29      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This guy sloves lots of problems

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2007 21:11      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
October 21, 2007, 16:52
... tedious ...

Although I disagree with your other observations, I don't object to your use of the term "tedious."

Instead of five short posts, I post once with headings which begin with "Part" to separate topics. If needed, pause for 10 minutes before continuing at each heading.

Part I: "How I Spot Lunatics"
quote:
October 21, 2007, 16:52
... versions of the arguments he imagines are used against him as coming from "lunatics"

If I see a man raging against how bad a swarm of mosquitoes are, while a large dog chews on his leg -- I'd figure he's insane (a lunatic).
Note: Think of G. Gordon Liddy as a mosquito, and the large dog as drugs and gangs.

A problem with being obsessive is that excessive energy is focused on a lesser problem while the big problems "eat you alive."

Police treat drug use and gang violence as very serious threats because they leave a lot more dead bodies in the streets than the "listeners of right-wing icon G. Gordon Liddy" and "domestic disturbance" shootings (like Larry Neil White).

Part II: Statements of Untruth
quote:
Originally posted by "The Explainer":
Mr Panic (an American) laments the growing number of "cop killings" in America.

Originally from a dictionary:
Lament [verb, trans] -- mourn (a person's loss or death)

October 15, 2007, 18:43
... the bad guys ... a technique that was taught on American conservative radio by right-wing icon G. Gordon Liddy.

Disturbing isn't it? ... America reminds me of “Potterville” .... “It’s a Wonderful Life” only for the very wealthy and the incredibly malevolent.

"Mourning" (lament) does not mean "deliver a vindictive rant accusing a single group as THE CAUSE OF ALL SUFFERING." (The meaning in the post was fairly clear without using the literal words "cause of all suffering.")

Next time you start making false statements, try using words that aren't in the dictionary.   [shake head]

Part III: Which Is More Absurd?
quote:
... reductio ad absurdum ...
The initial posts states: "... shooting for the head and neck – a technique that was taught ... by right-wing icon G. Gordon Liddy."

You want absurd? Linking "Cop Killing" to G. Gordon Liddy -- that's ABSURD ... Ludicrous, Preposterous, ... insane.

I'd bet 99% of Americans could not provide a G. Gordon Liddy quote from memory, or accurate details about his life. Yet I'm supposed to believe people are killing cops because of a person they don't know and the things they don't know he said?

Part IV: I Am a Cynic (in many ways)
quote:
Originally posted by ASM:
The sign on the REAL World is:
quote:
This planet has gone:     0 days
without Humans killing other Humans.

...it wouldn't bother me at all if Larry Neil White got the death penalty.

The historical data indicates: People Kill People.
      ... and the recorded data is sampled over several thousand years.

Knowing that we've got over 6 Billion Humans on the planet, I'd say we can execute quite a few criminals without threatening the survival of the species. China has acknowledged the fact that there is a limit to the number of humans that any land (and the world) can support.

Second, if you're REALLY worried about INCREASING CRIME -- the one method that's guaranteed to "end a life of crime" is execution.

Part V: Go Ahead and Dissect My Arguments
quote:
... refuses to have any of the absurd arguments he uses examined forensically.
People have countered my arguments in other threads -- if someone said (paraphrased) test _X_ is not an indicator of stupidity, but an indicator that people don't go boating -- I may not say "Gee-whiz, you're right," but I won't fight something I see as a logical argument.

The wildly absurd arguments I use are generally in the form:
quote:
You said <x> proves <your_view>.
Well, <x> occurs in the case of <some_event>.
Therefore <some_absurd_thing_you_could_never_accept> is the same."

If it's something else, quote me and give it the old forensic examination. You can PM it to me if you want.

Lately, I've tried to use questions, since some people might not recognize sarcastic arguments.

--------------------
Once a proud programmer of Apple II's, he now spends his days and nights in cheap dives fraternizing with exotic dancers....

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2007 01:45      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

The Explainer
Mini Geek
Member # 5716

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2007 13:22      Profile for The Explainer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr 65816's invitation to "forensic examination" of his statements is purely rhetorical.

When The Explainer examines his statements, Mr 65816 ignores the substance of the analysis, picks a single unimportant word, then uses unsourced, selective dictionary quotes to challenge the meaning of that word and dismiss the whole analysis as "untrue".

This dictionary provides 5 definitions of lament, including "To regret deeply; deplore" while this dictionary provides "a passionate expression of grief" - both fair descriptions of Mr Panic's original posting.

To avoid further dictionary-lawyering on this topic, The Explainer has amended his original analysis to use "deplores".

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 24, 2007 13:24      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Explainer does a nice job of explaining things. Thank you. [Cool]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted October 24, 2007 21:58      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part I: CP Forgot About the Facts
quote:
When I look at ... American conservatives ....

October 23, 2007, 13:22
"a passionate expression of grief" - both fair descriptions of Mr Panic's original posting.

No, CP played the blame-game with innuendo so he could rant against "conservatives" yet again.
( [shake head]   He loves the "one-case-proves-all-conservatives" argument. )

People with "common sense" know that common criminals are the largest group of murderers, whether they're killing police officers or common citizens.

Total Law Enforcement Officers Feloniously Killed (1996-2005*)
    (Excludes 72 deaths that resulted from the events of September 11, 2001)
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/killed/2005/table20.htm

-

#include <sarcasm.h>
Hey, since the "Mentally Deranged" (or Mentally Ill) kill cops ... they're all scum and deserve to be "punished" (maybe by hanging [ohwell] ).

Part II: Some People Obviously Do Not Read the Articles They Cite

For someone who "deplores" the killing of cops, I find it oddly disgusting that after years of police being killed by criminals -- it's only a white man killing a police officer that finally sends him ranting about the "American conservatives."

Instead of reading the article, which says nothing about "American conservatives," he relies on paranoid delusion. The article clearly blames (suspected) criminals for police deaths.
  • An emerging "hunter" mentality among criminals.
  • Law enforcement analysts ... suggest that an increasing number of suspects are adopting a troubling disregard for cops.
  • ... confronting more combative suspects in situations ranging from robberies to routine traffic stops.
  • "They are confronting gang members and an increasing number of offenders released from prisons."
  • Many suspects ... have "little regard for the consequences of their actions. … They will shoot to kill."
  • "It reminds me of the early '90s back in New York," he says of the drug-fueled violence that plagued the city" (FYI: They mean illegal drug-dealing (criminals), not local pharmacies and doctors.)

In the case of Larry Neil White, he used a shotgun ...
quote:
... pushing for a new ban on assault weapons, the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) wants a ban on high-caliber sniper rifles and armor-piercing handgun ammunition.
#include <sarcasm.h>
Wow ... that's really SMART ... ban weapons that were NOT used in the killings (which were so "deplorable").

Part III: Officer Murdered in My Town -- but not by a white man

About eight months ago there were fights in a local bar, officers arrived on the scene, and one was shot and killed -- the murderer was not a white man.

If you'd like, ask me "Hey, ASM, if it wasn't a white, conservative, NRA member that killed the cop, then how would you describe the person?"

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2007 23:03      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2007 03:10      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ASM65816 __________________ Do you support an Law change in Michigan that would make Cop killing a Capital Offense while there is no other Capital Offence crime law here?

Do you believe the that said change should look both ways, That an Officer that kills a person should face the same penalties?

Please answer Yes or No to both questions, nothing else.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Explainer
Mini Geek
Member # 5716

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2007 05:23      Profile for The Explainer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Explainer notes that
  • Mr 65816 mentions race 4 times in his posting, and seems to attach great importance to murderers racial background.
  • No one else has mentioned race in this discussion
  • Mr Panic has previously mentioned his own racial background

The Explainer concedes that the above evidence lends support to Mr Druid's 'Trolling Git' hypothesis.

quote:
He loves the "one-case-proves-all-conservatives" argument.

Mr 65816 is often critical of other posters for (allegedly) using the 'one-case-proves-all' argument. †

quote:
In the case of Larry Neil White, he used a shotgun ...
quote:
... pushing for a new ban on assault weapons, the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) wants a ban on high-caliber sniper rifles and armor-piercing handgun ammunition.
#include <sarcasm.h>
Wow ... that's really SMART ... ban weapons that were NOT used in the killings (which were so "deplorable").

Mr 65816 is willing to use the 'one-murder-weapon-proves-all' argument when it suits him.

† - The 'proves all' component is usually an illusion - and is easily explained by the 'Great Satan' theory.
Someone writes "X happened - and that's bad"
Mr 65816 reads "X happened - so America is the Great Satan and all Americans are pure evil ALLAH ACHBAR!" and accuses the writer of the one-case-proves-all error.

ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted October 25, 2007 19:55      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
October 25, 2007, 03:10
Please answer Yes or No to both questions, nothing else.

[Eek!]   Ooooo ... looks like somebody doesn't like those "mean-old-scary facts." Let's not have explanations ruining a perfect "Is Not -- Is Too -- Is Not -- Is Too" argument.

quote:
Do you support a Law change in Michigan that would make Cop killing a Capital
Offense while there is no other Capital Offence crime law here?

Originally posted by ASM (October 16, 2007, 23:46):
It wouldn't bother me at all if Larry Neil White got the death penalty.
    (Note: Larry Neil White is a cop killer.)

What?!!! Do you read ANYTHING at all? Or, are you STUPID?

I would not have objected if Jeffrey Dahmer (serial killer) got the death penalty. If you have to ask if I oppose or support Capital Punishment, you're obviously "not the sharpest pencil in the box." (PS: Get a spellchecker.)

quote:
... an Officer that kills a person should face the same penalties?
Why don't you post your "correct" answer first? (Choose from below if you need to.)
  • A police officer in the line of duty should be treated the same as a common civilian in the killing of another human being.
          -- or --
  • Police officers deserve special consideration when on trial for the death of another human being because of the demands of their occupation.

As a warning: After you post your "correct" answer, I may refer to you as "an ungrateful, sadistic hypocrite with no compassion for the men and women that risk their lives (and have been murdered at times) for their dedication to protecting millions of Americans."

quote:
America reminds me of “Potterville”. Bedford Falls is no longer, Geroge Baily did himself in, greed took over and we are now all suffering. “It’s a Wonderful Life” only for the very wealthy and the incredibly malevolent.

[ohwell]   I should have realized from what he said (above) and the "G. Gordon Liddy" comment that I've been responding to someone's paranoid imagination where gang violence and illegal drugs aren't a problem.

Maybe if I looked at things from his point of view...........
(begin wavy lines ... crossfade video effect.....)

-
quote:
Here's a picture of me and some football buddies having a little fun with some tree-hugging mama's boy from the local Arts School. (That's me on the left!)

... next ...

-
quote:
Dick Cheney came through our neighborhood last week, so we talked him into spending the rest of the afternoon Duck Hunting.

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2007 21:18      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a bit lost. Was that a "yes" or a "no" or a "I somehow didn't understand the original question so I'm going to make up a new one and answer that by posting stills from a post-apocalyptic Mel Gibson movie"? [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2007 01:19      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The day when ASM can focus his mind enough to give a direct answer to a simple question, I'll throw a party, and more - we'll declare a national holiday!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2007 03:51      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xanthine________________ Actually I got the answer I expected. So I am satisfied.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2007 07:23      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
The day when ASM can focus his mind enough to give a direct answer to a simple question, I'll throw a party, and more - we'll declare a national holiday!

Good. A day off an a messy party would suit me just fine.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 26, 2007 17:41      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Xanthine: Your comments almost tempted me to turn off the lunacy filter and read that posting.
Almost.

Post-apocalyptic Mel Gibson movie stills??? [crazy]

I mean, I know Gibson's a bit loopy (a childhood spent in oz will do that to anyone), but not that loopy.

--------------------

ASM65816
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 712

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 27, 2007 12:57      Profile for ASM65816   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following is editorial Criticism -- Not an Answer. Do not hurt your feeble brain trying to figure out the question.
quote:
October 25, 2007, 03:10
answer Yes or No to both questions, nothing else.

You must have moderate to severe mental retardation, since you can only handle a single monosyllable word for an answer.

It's terribly pathetic that you are unable correlate acceptance of actions to reach a conclusion about the belief that would result in such acceptance of actions.

quote:
America reminds me of “Potterville”. Bedford Falls is no longer, Geroge Baily did himself in, greed took over and we are now all suffering. “It’s a Wonderful Life” only for the very wealthy and the incredibly malevolent.

According to the original post, if the following people are enjoying "a wonderful life," they are:
  • very wealthy
  • incredibly malevolent

-

-

-

-

quote:
Originally posted by ASM:
Maybe if I looked at things from his point of view...........
(begin wavy lines ... crossfade video effect.....)
<pictures with sarcastic captions>

October 25, 2007 21:18
I'm a bit lost. Was that a "yes" or a "no" or .....

It was an attempt to "look at things from his point of view" -- that view being: America the savage wasteland of unequaled carnage and despair.   [shake head]

I've reached the conclusion of futility in this thread.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture