homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » _insert expletives here_its 31-1-07 all over again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: _insert expletives here_its 31-1-07 all over again
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 8 posted September 21, 2007 13:43      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is not a bomb.

-

It is a shirt with a circuit board and batteries to power LED's and light up a cute little messege.

This is the definition of Hoax.
hoax /hoʊks/ Pronunciation[hohks] n
–noun
1. something intended to deceive or defraud.

I cannot express my anger at the boston police at this moment. I have half a mind to mail them a bomb so that they learn what an actual bomb looks like. ( I really am not planning on doing this but at this point I think they deserve it.)((they don't deserve to die, but just to be sent an actuall bomb not set to explode.)

[Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

post scriptum

..and the cop being quoted as saying
'she is lucky she didn't get shot in the head " should be fired. His typical arrogance causes anamosity between police and citizens and leads to good cops being killed.

I guess he is right to say that considering how stupid police officers, fear and guns do not mix. She is lucky she was not killed by him, so are most peopel he arrests.

post post scriptum

A good quote from slashdot.(which seems to be leaingin in fovor of the cops??)

Even if they did overreact at first....after the situation was ascertained, why in hell did they charge this girl with a crime and set bail? Can police no longer find they made a mistake, and just LET YOU GO without penalty??
That's what I don't understand - sure, if the person at the desk alerts them to a suspicious device, the police need to respond. Once they have responded, and found the suspicion unwarranted, they should let the kid go about her business. From reports, she was just in the entry hall to pick someone up, she wasn't trying to get on a plane or anything.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2007 14:00      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is it about Boston? It seems that anything with wires and lights must, in their minds, be a bomb.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 21, 2007 18:16      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But, but, in the movies all bombs have flashing LEDs on them, so anything with a flashing LED must be a bomb.

Lucky she wasn't wearing one of these...
 -  -

Homeland Security would probably have nuked Boston, just in case.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2007 21:45      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
What is it about Boston?

I blame Mark Walberg's huge Bostonian cock.
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2007 06:33      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:

-

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 22, 2007 07:11      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
quote:

-
that is a hen

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted September 22, 2007 08:27      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This situation is much different than the previous Boston incident, imho. Here we have a person, walking into Logan airport, with a breadboard/battery/wires/LED's taped to her chest, with putty in her hands.

Yep, I alway carry putty around, especially in a 911 airport, since I never know when I'll want to fix a sink or copy some newspaper comics, as I build new circuits on my breadboard by the light of my blinking LEDs.

If security officials *didn't* think that was weird, I would be more worried for your country.

imho, this person is just looking for attention. It seemed to be the case in the news footage of her hearing, when she kept leaning over so the camera could see her. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 23, 2007 14:05      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
quote:
quote:

-
that is a hen
Yeah, I know. It was the best I could find with search strings of a combination of any of the following: Boston rooster chicken Bostonian. Besides, I thought it was rather cute! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2007 09:05      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
quote:
quote:

-
that is a hen
Yeah, I know. It was the best I could find with search strings of a combination of any of the following: Boston rooster chicken Bostonian. Besides, I thought it was rather cute! [Big Grin]
Honestly, why didn't you just search for "Huge Bostonian Cock"?
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted September 24, 2007 09:46      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
Honestly, why didn't you just search for "Huge Bostonian Cock"?

Maybe because she was at work when she posted it? [Eek!] Or so her husband wouldn't see her surfing _that_ kind of sites, no matter the explanation? [blush]

In any case, I don't blame her. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2007 10:57      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, but a google search for huge bostonian cock reveals amazing results... [Wink]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 24, 2007 12:06      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Funny, but a google search for huge bostonian cock reveals amazing results... [Wink]

Failry tame results, even if you click the images search tab at the top of the page. Bo rocks [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [thumbsup]

--------------------

-Assif Mandvi

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture