homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Unknown ancient(sacred)geometry (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Unknown ancient(sacred)geometry
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2007 16:22      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright I'm convinced....

that if you draw enough intersecting lines you could extrapolate any letter of the alphabet you like. Is this mysticism or a self-administered Rorschach test?

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 07, 2007 16:42      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's safe to say that Andymonk has been self-administering...

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2007 17:24      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
I think it's safe to say that Andymonk has been self-administering...

Well, I'd be a hypocrite to criticize his lifestyle choice in that respect. [Wink]

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 08, 2007 05:38      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The complete flower of life is THEE template. If you overlay the complete flower with a sheet of tracing paper,you will be able to trace out any known written alphabet.
[Smile]

Posts: 29 | From: orkney | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2007 13:41      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by andymonk:
The complete flower of life is THEE template. If you overlay the complete flower with a sheet of tracing paper,you will be able to trace out any known alphabet.
[Smile]

Oddly enough, so is a sufficiently scribbled napkin from dinner with my son.
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2007 17:17      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen ... I have discovered a fantastic and yet until now never realised truth - if I take a sheet of paper and scrawl all over it until there is no space left then the intersecting points of said scrawl can be joined up in an almost infinite number of ways mapping out every letter, number, sigil, etc etc ever recorded.

the same can be said for any geometric grid if you allow a little "statistical variance"

In other words kindly shove off - and the word pronounced "thee" meaning the original or unique version is still spelt THE (and I am in England btw so "spelt" is a participle and not a sort of grain -alright...)

Now kindly leave us all alone (and I thought Mike Byrne was annoying...)

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 08, 2007 22:06      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been gone for six months and this thread is still alive and kicking?

all I have to say is "what the fuck, guys?"

ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 09, 2007 11:55      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
I've been gone for six months and this thread is still alive and kicking?

all I have to say is "what the fuck, guys?"

He satisfies our need to pick on people with limited mental capabilities. [blush]

--------------------

andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted December 27, 2007 07:06      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More coincidences? [Wink] http://www.naturalhistorymag.com/0904/0904_feature.html http://www.kiwipulse.com/ireland-giants-causeway/ http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070328-saturn-hexagon.html
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2007 08:04      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not that hexagon shape isn't kinda cool, but we already know how stable polygon shapes can naturally occur (link). It's just a matter of figuring out the phsyics behind how it occurs on Saturn.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2008 15:20      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More and more are getting on board,even freemasons. [Wink] [Razz] http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/sacred_geometry_the_flower_of_life.htm http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/geometria_sagrada/esp_geometria_sagrada_6.htm http://www.maybelogic.org/maybequarterly/13/1306FlowerOfLife.htm
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2008 17:17      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please let this be some strange viral marketing campaign for an upcoming movie rather than an actual human being...

Though the stuff about it being a portal and the animals that live behind is an interesting new direction, its not really in the same league as your original material. I think you might have jumped the shark.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 04, 2008 15:22      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may be interested to know "The general science journal" asked if they could post my article. Look at the bottom of the page. [Wink] [Razz] http://www.wbabin.net/wdlink.htm
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2008 15:52      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what. The General Science Journal isn't worth anything. Any Science Journal that is not affiliated with a university or allows anybody without credentials from a university to publish articles should not to be taken seriously. And by credentials I mean both teachers and students.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2008 18:15      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by andymonk:
You may be interested to know "The general science journal" asked if they could post my article. Look at the bottom of the page. [Wink] [Razz] http://www.wbabin.net/wdlink.htm

Not to burst your bubble, but the same section that you're linked in has a link to a site that has a list adult webcams. I suspect they aren't too picky about who they link to.

*EDIT*

Oh this is good... one of the things they "published" is a three paragraph PDF explaining that numbers are not infinite because the universe is not infinite. Apparently the person who wrote it does not understand understand the difference between numbers and matter.

I think you've found a new home with people just like you, Andymonk. Go with our blessing. We'll try to pretend that we'll miss you.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 04, 2008 21:11      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like real masturbation, mental masturbation is best done out of sight of the general public.

hint hint nudge nudge

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2008 17:23      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Like real masturbation, mental masturbation is best done out of sight of the general public.

hint hint nudge nudge

Up to a point Lord Copper...

but I fancy Mr Monk may be an exhibitionist, so if we continue to post replies to him little Andy will continue to drone earnestly on and on and on until the last syllable of recorded time....

more hint hint nudge nudges

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 08:23      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But... baiting him is entertaining (to some of us). I'm amused by the ridiculousness that he comes up with and, hopefully, we can turn him into a proper conspiracy theorist.

There might really be something to this flower of life stuff. It's just not being published because it's being suppressed by them... the people behind the scenes who manipulate everything using the power and knowledge that can only be found in the flower of life.

I mean, really, haven't you noticed that rich, powerful people tend to live a lot longer than poor people? Why do you think that is? Could it be that they're part of a secret society that uses the power of the flower of life to extend their own lives? Andy already drew the connection between the Freemasons and the flower of life, after all...

The fun part is that, even though I've said I'm baiting him, these ideas will stick in his mind and fester [evil]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 07, 2008 13:06      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit, I found his attempt to use the columnar basalt of the Giant's Causeway as proof to be pretty amusing.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2008 18:17      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I showed my father this image today. When he saw it,he nearly fell off his chair. He told me that the pattern in the centre circle is found in the middle of all masonic temple ceilings(Well.......all the masonic temples he has visited in his 40 years as a freemason). Maybe we`re being told something. Does anybody have an opinion on crop circles? [Razz] http://www.soulsofdistortion.nl/images/Flower%20of%20lifce%20crop%20circle.jpg
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2008 19:08      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, obviously, freemasons are alien lizard-men in disguise. It's the only possible explanation. Sorry about your father.

Alternatively: both freemason art and crop circles are anthropogenic. But that would make sense. Explanation discarded.

--------------------

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2008 19:09      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please just shut up and politely leave....

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2008 19:20      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
please just shut up and politely leave....

Geez, sorry. Your father, too?

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2008 21:51      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Serenak was talking to Mr. Monk.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 12, 2008 23:42      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. But if we can't take things directed at others personally, we're left with insults directed at ourselves to be upset about. That's no fun.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture