homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Unknown ancient(sacred)geometry (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Unknown ancient(sacred)geometry
andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted June 20, 2007 09:59      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this symbol the COMPLETE ancient flower of life? I would appreciate any opinions. http://thecompletefloweroflife.blogspot.com/ :eek:X
Posts: 29 | From: orkney | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 10:17      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow... I suspect inordinate importance has been attributed to the propogation of an asthetically pleasing shape/pattern. The brain finds symbols and patterns- even when there isn't one to be found. That site looks like a result of excess spare time.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Neil
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8881

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 11:46      Profile for Neil     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do see how half those symbols fit into it. Perhaps if they highlighted in colour some symbols on the flower?
Posts: 14 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 12:51      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScholasticSpastic:
Wow... I suspect inordinate importance has been attributed to the propogation of an asthetically pleasing shape/pattern. The brain finds symbols and patterns- even when there isn't one to be found. That site looks like a result of excess spare time.

I think that explains most of the content on the internet.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 13:38      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
I think that explains most of the content on the internet.
Including, I'm afraid, my very own posts.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 14:59      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea, but it gives me a great chance to plug my little app:
The Circle Monster. Requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 I think.

If you don't have a Mac, here's a limited Java version.

-

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 06:18      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to get my whole back tattooed with the flower of life and I'll live FOREVAR!!

I already have an atom with electron paths on the back of my knee which looks similar to one of the small interior flowers anyway.

littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 06:28      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I already have an atom with electron paths on the back of my knee which looks similar to one of the small interior flowers anyway.
Oh dear. I'm afraid that atomic model is rather outdated. You should have gone for atomic orbitals instead.

prettier pics

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 06:51      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll get g orbital shape 2 on my other knee, and have everyone asking why I have toddlers stacking toys tattooed on myself.
andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 21, 2007 13:13      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScholasticSpastic:

I believe,the COMPLETE ancient flower of life is an interdimensional tool,a portal,a link back to awareness of the universal consciousness(god,the collective unconscious or whatever you would like to call it). The universal consciouness we were all part of before we entered this material world. The original flower(found in "the osireon" at abydos in egypt)is incomplete because it is only the first layer of three. The complete flower has the other two layers added,making it three dimensional. If you relax(sit three feet away from the scree)and let the flower slowly draw your eyes out of focus,the flower will open. Try and not focus on any one point,blankly stare,take the flower in as a whole. Do not strain your eyes,as it will happen naturally. We do not see with our eyes,we see THROUGH our eyes. Let your mind focus,dont fight it. You may get a headache and itchy eyes,that will quickly disappear. This is not a known science,but if you let it happen,you will be supprised by what appears. 4love and light 2all:)x (Use the hand drawn flower) The complete ancient flower of life is not a stereogram,a magic eye image or any other man made optical illusion.
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 23, 2007 04:28      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL - That is awesome. Masons and Jews conspiring to keep hidden the flower of life. I think they are getting a bad rap though. I mean, everytime there's an interdimensional portal in a movie and people go mucking around with it, bad stuff comes out and then the protagonist needs to get it shut before the end of the world happens and humanity is going to be enslaved to demonic overlords for ten thousand years of darkness. Or something.

On the other hand, now we see a concrete link that Masons are an arm of the Zionist conspiracy. Or maybe Zionists are an arm of the Masonic conspiracy. Or maybe they are like the federal government with two different conspiracies both trying to accomplish the same thing and refusing to share information and stepping on each other's toes and weaving a web of red tape that you'd need a flamethrower to get through.

Some things just make me go wtf.

P.S. The interdimensional portal didn't open for me. I'm American. Maybe your flower is in metric.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted June 28, 2007 15:12      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The COMPLETE ancient flower of life contains the tree,the fruit,the egg and the seed of life. The complete flower also contains the three dimensional metatron cube which holds all the platonic solids. Not just the building blocks of life,but the building blocks of creation itself [thumbsup] This may help [Smile] http://www.sangraal.com/library/dedicated.htm
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2007 16:33      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by andymonk:
The complete flower has the other two layers added,making it three dimensional. If you relax and let your eyes go out of focus,the flower will open. We do not see with our eyes,we see THROUGH our eyes. Let your mind focus,dont fight it! You may get a headache and itchy eyes,that will quickly disappear. Its not a known science,but if you let it happen,you will be supprised by what appears. 4love and light 2all:)x (Use the hand drawn flower)

In other words, it can be treated as a simple autostereogram. Not a terribly difficult thing to do with any repeating pattern.

Hand-draw one that shows a 3D picture and I will then be suitably impressed.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2007 18:14      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And that would be why I get nothing more than ripping headache and foul temper from looking at that thing...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 28, 2007 23:15      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure most of you have figured out that this guy's comments are clearly by rote. He's been busy.

A nutjob and a spammer... great. [shake head]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 28, 2007 23:24      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
I'm sure most of you have figured out that this guy's comments are clearly by rote. He's been busy.

Thanks, I was only sure he (?) was a coocoo but not a spambot. Thanks again for the research.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2007 08:53      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by andymonk:
The complete flower has the other two layers added,making it three dimensional. If you relax(sit three feet away from the screen)and let the flower slowly draw your eyes out of focus,the flower will open. Try and not focus on any one point,blankly stare,take the flower in as a whole. Do not strain your eyes,it will happen naturally. We do not see with our eyes,we see THROUGH our eyes. Let your mind focus,dont fight it! You may get a headache and itchy eyes,that will quickly disappear. Its not a known science,but if you let it happen,you will be supprised by what appears. 4love and light 2all:)x (Use the hand drawn flower)

In other words, it can be treated as a simple autostereogram. Not a terribly difficult thing to do with any repeating pattern.

Hand-draw one that shows a 3D picture and I will then be suitably impressed.

The complete ancient flower of life is not a stereogram,a magic eye image or any other man made optical illusion.
andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2007 08:55      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I thought spammers advertise and try to sell something. I,m selling nothing and expect nothing.
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2007 16:06      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The complete flower of life is an unsubstantiated myth thought up by people in order to confer upon themselves the illusion of being particularly special (beyond the specialness enjoyed by the other kids on the short bus). The complete flower of life does nothing but irritate those of us who choose to exercise our minds rather than wallowing in mindless nursery stories for our adult lives. The complete flower of life is an explanation for a phenomenon that NO ONE HAS OBSERVED. It is an answer to a question no one asked. It is a waste of time. It is shit.

Love, ScholasticSpastic

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2007 21:29      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
andymonk wrote:
I thought spammers advertise and try to sell something. I,m selling nothing and expect nothing.

You're right. You're not a spammer.

... but you're still a nutjob.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2007 22:11      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
andymonk wrote:

I'm of the opinion that spamming doesn't necessarily need to be for personal gain. It's the behavior, and I'd consider it inappropriate even if it were for something I believed in.

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 07, 2007 23:32      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude... you're ruining a perfectly snarky insult [Razz]

If you want to get all technical, though, you should at least point out that the term spam began being used on usenet to refer to unwanted posts which ere cross-posted to multiple groups long before it was applied to mass-emailed scams. Flowerboy here has cross-posted the same blithering idiocy to many forums that it is inappropriate for. The parallel is undeniable.

... and he's still a few fries short of a happy meal.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 07, 2007 23:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spammer, or troll?

Posting this stuff to skeptics.org.uk could be interpreted as trollish behaviour.

Personally, I've always always wondered why so many secret conspiracies who have spent centuries carefully guarding some Secret Of Cosmic Power feel the need to decorate their buildings with huge clues to the secret they're guarding.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 08, 2007 04:04      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
andymonk wrote:

I'm of the opinion that spamming doesn't necessarily need to be for personal gain. It's the behavior, and I'd consider it inappropriate even if it were for something I believed in.
I'm of the opinion it doesn't need to be for financial gain. Andy is definitely deriving some sort of personal gain from it, whether it's trollish delight in arguing with people who tell him his line drawings are crap or finding people that validate his delusions or smug self-righteousness in his missionary zeal. He's exhibiting that same obsessive behavior that fundie Christians do when spreading the word of God to the unwashed masses of the Internet, including the inability to comprehend that we understand exactly what he's trying to convey, we just think it's codswallop. He also doesn't comprehend (much like the aforementioned digital missionaries) that we only bother to respond because it makes us LOL.

So Andy does derive personal gain from his spamming, even if it's not in the form of money. Though I wouldn't be surprised if somewhere in the wings is a 20 page PDF ebook on how contemplation of the Ancient Mystical Geometric Flower of Sacred Life can help you find health, happiness, true love, better sex, and enlarge your sex organ of choice. All for only 7.95. (And desperately in need of a spellcheck and a once over by a grammar nazi; lunatics seem to feel that language fundamentals are optional.)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
andymonk
Geek Larva
Member # 9209

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted July 11, 2007 14:35      Profile for andymonk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The incomplete flower is found all over the ancient world. The oldest and original incomplete flower can be found on several pillars within "the osireon" at abydos in egypt. The osireon(the tomb of osiris)is known to be the oldest building in egypt. To this day,no egyptologists or archeologist can explain why,who or what the flower was put there for. I believe the flower has been delibarately ignored by mainstream science,so world secret societies can keep the flowers secrets hidden. [Frown] http://www.users.bigpond.com/MSN/gary_fletcher/osireion.html http://www.grahamhancock.com/library/fotg/c45-5.htm

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture