homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » This will offend Mormons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This will offend Mormons
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2007 20:03      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Knock knock...

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 10, 2007 20:29      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, John Saffran [Smile]

He did a whole series called John Saffran vs God which was very funny. In one show he manages to get a fatwa called against one of our popular tv personalities by the head judge of the Sharia court in England. The judge was later told it was all a joke and was quite good about it.

He also had fun with Peyote in the mid-west amongst other things.

He's a funny bloke.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 10 posted March 11, 2007 08:26      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I *love* this video! Saw it a few weeks ago.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2007 09:31      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha...that's great!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 11, 2007 15:18      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me laughs and sends this to friends

Finally, someone does what I've always wanted to do!

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 11:00      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just had them here a couple days ago (The Morons .... I mean Mormons) I did try my best to convert them to athiests. And I also told them they where wrong by knocking on peoples doors disturbing there lives for a lie.

It just makes them try harder and I laugh. They get pissy when you laugh at them.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 11:57      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a long chat with 3 Mormon missionaries in Argentina some years ago. They were on their day off, playing the tourist just like I was, visiting Iguazu Falls.

We didn't talk religion, but we did talk about what it's like to be a fresh-faced kid thousands of km from home, trying to sell your religion door-to-door in a foreign language in an overwhelmingly Catholic country, and being persecuted by the local authorities (frequent document checks, harsh treatment if everything isn't completely in order). They only had a couple of months more to serve, and they were really looking forward to going home. I felt sorry for them.

Mind you, it wouldn't stop me setting the dogs on them if they got me out of bed on a Saturday morning.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
LoneWolf
Mini Geek
Member # 4966

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 19:03      Profile for LoneWolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a wanker.

--------------------
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, i

Posts: 61 | From: Victoria BC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2007 09:14      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My last conversation with a Mormon at my door.

*opens door, notices nametag*

"Ah, Mormons!"
"Yes, we're here from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."
"I'd suggest you're wasting your time."
"Why's that?"
"Because if I set foot in a church, it, or I would likely catch fire. I'm about as anti-religion as you can get, and you stand a better chance converting that tree over there."
"Then I won't waste any more of your time."
"Have a good day."

*closes door*

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 11 posted March 13, 2007 13:28      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite story was from a friend from Buffalo, New York. One of his close female friends had an apartment, and the Mormon boys came a'knocking. She invited them in for refreshments and snacks, introduced them to the ways of the flesh (with a threesome), and sent them on their way.

This came from the same guy who had a Jehovah's Witness come bug him at his own apartment the morning after he played Dr. Frank N. Furter at the RHPS. The poor woman came to the door to see him in the full costume and smeared make-up, still tired from a night out partying with cast members. He said the look on her face was priceless.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2007 14:18      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool! My ex-wife was the Magenta here in Salt Lake City for a while- cooincidentally, home of the Mormons...

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture