homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Politics/Religion/Current Affairs   » Feel Safer Now?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feel Safer Now?
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 11 posted September 29, 2006 18:06      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Rep. Mark Foley, R-Fla., resigned today amid questions regarding e-mails he allegedly sent to a teenage male congressional page."

"Earlier today, ABC News broadcast excerpts of sexually explicit contents of instant messages Foley allegedly sent to a former male page."

"They say he used the screen name Maf54 on these messages provided to ABC News."

Maf54: You in your boxers, too??
Teen: Nope, just got home. I had a college interview that went late.?
Maf54: Well, strip down and get relaxed.

Another message:

Maf54: What ya wearing??
Teen: tshirt and shorts?
Maf54: Love to slip them off of you.

And this one:

Maf54: Do I make you a little horny??
Teen: A little.?
Maf54: Cool.

Oh, it gets richer ...

“Foley, 52, was chairman of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children.”

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-09-29-congressman-resigns_x.htm

Considering his former job, is it any wonder that in America a bum can walk into a high school, select six young women he looked up on the internet, take them hostage, sexually molest and rape them for hours, then shoot one dead as the police finally rush in to kill him?

http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/09/29/school.shooting/

Mind you, this event occurred deep in Republican-held territory, only a few miles away from THAT Columbine High School.

Think Republicans would learn after the first assault on a high school, wouldn't you?

Makes you wonder about the next attack from UBL, doesn’t it?

Oh yeah, the Congressman is one of those fellows who worships Ken Lay instead of Jesus.

Fortunately, considering his age, at least Ned Beatty doesn’t have to fear this Republican.

For those of you who don't live in this country, I could post two or three of these kind of things a day.

Don't believe me?

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 20:37      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vomitous, vile and repulsive.

Nail him to the wall.

I have finally come to the understanding that politicians of both parties are disgusting hypocritical powerwhores.

After both houses rolled over like goddamn dogs about the torture and detainee bill I gave up totally, and this is just the burnt lumpy gravy.

Time for an independent or libertarian party to challenge voters to vote the fskers out.

The only good thing I see if the democrats win majorities in both houses this election is the start of the impeachment process. Other than that it will be the same shit from different ends of the political spectrum.

Damn them all. It is unfortunate that as they go to hell they are taking everyone and this formerly wonderful country with it.

Strange though. Every single one of us voters is just as responsible. sigh.

I realize that comment might get me flamed from the people who will say "I never voted for bush" but for too long we have supported either dem or republican politicians and they are all scum. Every single one.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 20:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
“Foley, 52, was chairman of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children.”

ROTFSMPL !

/me wonders if he voted to impeach Clinton, at least Monica was of legal age.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 20:56      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clearly Foley was thinking with his little brain. I'm glad he stepped down. Now when are they going to press charges?

Yaya, even if they get the majority I'm not sure the Dems have the balls to start an impeachment proceeding. If there is a measure of courage among the Dems, they've been slow to show it. I personally think that anyone who voted in favor of the Iraq war is an idiot or a coward.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 29, 2006 22:24      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD: Yeah, I was going to say, "At least Democrats go after legal interests." [Razz]

The Clinton impeachment thing was so fscking stupid - his 'extracurricular activities' had absolutely nothing to do with unjustly leading the nation...just his personal life. (Yes, the fact that she was an intern is arguably a small problem, but I don't think that's really worth dragging in front of everyone in the country - it mostly has to do with Bill & Hillary.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 02, 2006 17:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just felt I had to pass on my workmates comment on this story...

"I used to wonder why americans call the Republicans the G.O.P. but now I understand - Grimy Old Paedophiles"

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture