homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » Anime and all   » Space Anime

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Space Anime
Uberism
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2006 12:45      Profile for Uberism         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyboyd know some good space exploration animes?

--------------------
I make stuff up...sometimes

Posts: 18 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2006 14:45      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uberism:
Anyboyd know some good space exploration animes?

do you mean besides Coyboy Beebop?

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 08:01      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
do you mean besides Coyboy Beebop?

That sounds like ecchi, not anime! [Big Grin]

--------------------
I already used my best sig on Slashdot.

Posts: 92 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 08:30      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnetic Rose [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 08:44      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galaxy Express 999 . It's been at least 15 years since I've seen it, but from what I recall it was good.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 09:15      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recomend Gundam Wing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Suit_Gundam_Wing

quote:
Background
Man has colonized space (with major colonies at each of the five Earth-Moon Lagrange points), and, down on the earth, the nations have united as the Unified Earth Sphere Alliance. Unfortunately, the Alliance rules the colonies with an iron fist. The colonies wanted a peaceful resolution to the situation, with the movement was headed by the pacifist Heero Yuy. Unfortunately, in the year After Colony 175 he is shot dead by an assassin's bullet making the colonies turned to search for other means of obtaining peace. This prompts five scientists from the Organization of Zodiac, much more commonly referred to as OZ, to turn rogue after the completion of the mobile suit prototype OZ-00MS Tallgeese

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2006 09:52      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugurcan:
Magnetic Rose [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

I was thinking about that one, too. I bought the Memories DVD a little while back, and all three of the stories are pretty good. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
CoffeeSmack
Mini Geek
Member # 3937

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 30, 2006 22:52      Profile for CoffeeSmack         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not exactly "exploration" but certainly outer-space.... and the effects of space travel relative to the passing of time - Check out Voices of a Distant Star.

Come to think of it, it's more of a romance. And only a half hour long. But good stuff.

Posts: 62 | From: Mount Joy, PA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
maswan

Lord of the Root!
Member # 269

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 31, 2006 16:42      Profile for maswan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Planetes, Twin Spica.
Posts: 71 | From: UmeŚ, Sweden | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted August 31, 2006 17:14      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
outlaw star
Uberism
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 13:36      Profile for Uberism         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked out the first 3 eps of plants. and DAMN io love it.

--------------------
I make stuff up...sometimes

Posts: 18 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2006 14:46      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've recently watched the first five episodes of Innocent Venus and found it interesting enough to keep with. It's more about Mechs than space, but the storyline is good.

Synopsis: Set in a post-apocalyptic world, two mercenaries (Jin and Jo) in stolen Mechs have preemtively kidnapped a young girl to save her from being kidnapped by Phantom, a Black Ops arm of the ruling government. The role of this girl is unclear to the viewer and to the girl herself. Jin and Jo are attempting to transport her through the badlands to a man who can tell her more about her purpose, defending her all the while from the vast technological resources of the government.

A fair number of the scenes are noticably CGI enhanced--something that hasn't been so obvious in any other anime I've watched. I'm still unsure of whether I think this is too distracting.

--------------------
I already used my best sig on Slashdot.

Posts: 92 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 24, 2006 08:07      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not sure if its been licensed outside Japan yet but Stellvia of the Universe was most excellent

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture