homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » All about the comics!   » After Y2K... comments on the comic!   » Prairie Dog?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prairie Dog?
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 26, 2004 10:59      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright. So I'm new here.
Where I live and travel, we see the occasional genuine prairie dog.

But lookin' at that giant prairie pup in the AY2K comics has awakened the suspicious nature in me.

He looks a little too much like Henry Kissinger (minus the glasses) for comfort, particularly after firing the rocket in his rear.

Nitro, Snaggy - Could this be a veiled attempt at throwback political humor/commentary?

Enquiring minds need to know this stuff! [Geek]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 08:38      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums. I can assure you that it's not "a veiled attempt at throwback political humor". Their humor is never veiled. [Smile]
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 09:20      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the welcome and the tip on Nitro and Snaggy humor.
I lurked here for a little bit before registering, and haven't yet 'O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L-L-Y' introduced myself. From what I read on the various threads, it seems a lot of newbies evaporate after about 10 posts. So I'm planning to post about 11 times before putting up the 'howdy' thing. That is if I don't disintegrate or burst into unextinguishable flames first...

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 10:05      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
Thanks for the welcome and the tip on Nitro and Snaggy humor.
I lurked here for a little bit before registering, and haven't yet 'O-F-F-I-C-I-A-L-L-Y' introduced myself. From what I read on the various threads, it seems a lot of newbies evaporate after about 10 posts. So I'm planning to post about 11 times before putting up the 'howdy' thing. That is if I don't disintegrate or burst into unextinguishable flames first...

Awesome!

I, for one, welcome our new testing-the-waters-carefully (and pleasant) newbie overlord*. [Wink]

*a term which is still far lower than "Benevolent Dictator."

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 12:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, fellow old-fart.

Hope you'll stick around and show these young whipper-snappers a thing or two.

Anyone who's in the garlic biz is ok with me.

Remember kiddies: Too much garlic is never enough.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 13:44      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Okay then- here is post # 6 on the road to that magical double-digit, non-binary #11]

Thanks to the dragonman and the 'Druid for the kind words of welcome.

*bows, winks, doffs his hat, which is promptly replaced to hide any baldness or such*

And the garlic not only keeps the vampires away, it works equally well on Grizzlies. We're just lousy with 'em out here. We're thinkin' of offering a full money-back guarantee to the family of anyone killed by a Grizzly while eating our GarlicHead Sauce. Just provide one ear, one fang, one claw, a photograph (digital or hard copy) and an eyewitness affidavit of the attack and we'll cheerfully put the check in the mail.

As for the 'old fart' thing - is 54 old enough to be an 'old fart'? How about "Old Sage" or "Old Boy" (very English for all the Brits and Aussies here) or even "Old Spice"? (Heh heh. Talk about upgrades! Let's see if any of 'em fall for that one.)

I don't actually care, call me whatever you like. I've been married to the same gal for 35 years - so I'm pretty used to doing what I'm told no matter what the moniker. I'm still in training though, or so I'm told.

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted December 27, 2004 13:51      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and while I'm at it (this way I get to make another post, #7 - but without being obvious),
Does anyone else here notice the uncanny resemblance of the AY2K Prairie Dog to Henry Kissinger?
That rocket thing really nailed it for me

--------------------

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2004 18:18      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Does anyone else here notice the uncanny resemblance of the AY2K Prairie Dog to Henry Kissinger?

You already asked this once...in your first post of this thread...see above^^^^^^. And I do believe it was addressed by QuantumFluff...nothing Nitrozac and Snaggy do is "veiled".
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 28, 2004 07:57      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, GarlicGuy!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 09:09      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GarlicGuy: I didn't realize you *made* garlic sauce. Do you have a web site for your products? It won't count as a blatent plug. I've been using "Cajun Power Garlic Sauce" for years, but I'm always willing to try new things.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted December 28, 2004 09:23      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 09:25      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MTB Babe - thanks for the welcome.

QuantumFluff: To keep it as inoffensive as possible, (non-commercial in other words),
let me refer you to my profile in which the URL for the GarlicHead website is listed. This way, there is no hyperlink shown here to tempt others; folks can check or ignore the profile thing pretty easily. BTW, everything in the profile is true.

Those who are offended at this exchange - please - flame away, it's how I'll learn your tolerances in these forums.

Garlic - a true friend for life.

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 28, 2004 09:26      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Qfluff... I think his site is here [Big Grin]

Check out his photo in the photo gallery. [Smile]

btw... welcome garlic guy! [thumbsup]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 09:28      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy that is too funny. My danged horse even fell down laughing at that one.

Thanks!

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 12:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
To keep it as inoffensive as possible, (non-commercial in other words),
let me refer you to my profile in which the URL for the GarlicHead website is listed. This way, there is no hyperlink shown here to tempt others;

Good to see you sticking to your high moral standards garlicguy, some scumbags on these forums actually include a blatant plug in their signature lines. [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 15:04      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummmm... I don't know how you sing it in your part of the world, but over here it's the "Hokey Pokey."

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 15:10      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he is in the misheard lyrics club.

/scuze me while I kiss this guy....

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted December 28, 2004 16:07      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am definitely going to find a way to steal that Kissinger-Prairie Dog toon that Snaggy put up and make it into a poster. I see vast riches in selling copies to campaign managers of future candidates trying to dredge up stuff on each other.
God, how I love America!
Home of the hopelessly insane, mostly in elected offices - and the endless opportunity to make a buck off of 'em.

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2004 18:57      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am definitely going to find a way to steal that Kissinger-Prairie Dog toon that Snaggy put up and make it into a poster.

*Ahem*

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2004 08:22      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Cap'n. Thanks for the reminder. Do you suppose they (the Benevolent Dictators) would put it on CafePress.com as say, a coffee mug? Just test marketing, of course.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture