homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Seventy-one years ago

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Seventy-one years ago
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2017 20:30      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seventy-one years ago, I started upon a celestial journey about our nearest star. Happy Birthday to me. Well the Gods of fate did not shine well upon me today. I woke up at 4:20AM let the dog out and noticed that many of our digital clocks were blinking. While the dog was outside relieving himself, I set the coffee pot for breakfast and sat down in the recliner. At 4:40AM the power went off and then I was setting in the dark. About 6:30 the Mrs got up and said Happy Birthday now go start the generator. That did not go any better than this morning has been. Only half of the house was lighting up, back out to the barn and check L1 and L2 there it is working correctly now. Damn it is cold out here working on the gen-set. I keep checking on line and at 1:00PM the legend on the map changed so I went out and pulled the plug on the gen-set as our Grandson came over to wish me Happy Birthday

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 12, 2017 20:58      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday MoMan! [thumbsup]

Ah the joys of power-outages!
If you didn't have anything to do, what would you do?

[Cool]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 13, 2017 11:54      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy birthday! [Applause]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2017 07:54      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(belated) Happy Birthday.
Hope you had a good one.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2017 15:01      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto on the belated greetings!

And whee...a power failure isn't quite how I'd care to mark the occasion, but they probably didn't ask you first, now did they? [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2017 10:14      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dman, I am thinking about replacing the genset wit this:https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00S4DZRSK/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

No noise, no fumes, no resetting clocks, after a few hours hock up a 24volt gen-set to bring the UPS batteries back up to nominal voltage.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 19, 2017 20:51      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday anyway. A little late. A little voltage under-regulated.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture