homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hi Guys!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi Guys!
MysticMafiosa
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 50390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2013 00:26      Profile for MysticMafiosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys. My names Andrea, I go by Drea though. I'm 21 years old. I don't really know how i came across the site but it looked interesting so decided to join. I'm from a small town in California. My interest range from anything zombie related to anything tech related to comic books to video games (playstation, Mac(PC), DS, even some old gameboy games) to Magic The Gathering. I've always been considered a "geek"/"nerd" because of my interest so one day I started to embrace it which wasn't that long ago. So Hello <3 & thanks for allowing me to be apart of your community.
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 21, 2013 03:52      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome MysticMafiosa!

Thanks so much for joining our rag-tag fugitive fleet! [Smile]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2013 07:53      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, MysticMafiosa, Welcome. I am one of the "OLD FARTS". I got into computers an "Numerical Control Machining" back in the Eighties. I have been hooked ever since.

When the first iMacs came out this place had a cool Screen Saver, I had one so I had to get that screen saver, stayed around since.

If you use the last coffee, brew some more. There might still be some old Byte mags around. And I swear I put the Hookah back.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 21, 2013 13:52      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [thumbsup]
Posts: 5844 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2013 15:37      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome, don't mind the tumble weed blowing through here. feels free to post. someone'll stop bye and answer.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2013 20:58      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings...

And yes...that someone might be this non-Facebook using fellow, or it might be someone with a terrifying YouTube link (well, not /that/ terrifying), but the crickets shain't keep up their beat for too long. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MysticMafiosa
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 50390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 21, 2013 22:13      Profile for MysticMafiosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted October 22, 2013 01:04      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh HAI! welcome! A new member to the rag-tag fugitive fleet of geek!

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2013 07:35      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings MM, make yourself at home.
There's beer in the fridge, cake in the bread tin, and cheap Bulgarian whisky on the top shelf behind the large pile of old Byte magazines.
So, tell us all about yourself, bank account details, SS number, mothers maiden name...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10670 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 22, 2013 09:06      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I will go get a new bong.

-

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2013 00:17      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, who bogarted the cosmic bong this time?!

Welcome to the club, Mystic. Glad to have you.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1740 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 25, 2013 08:47      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My story, and I am telling it. I had the bong, and I swear I returned it. Then it was gone I could not find it. So I got a new one.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture