homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » It's Been Awhile!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Been Awhile!
Twinkies
Maximum Newbie
Member # 4553

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted June 11, 2011 02:34      Profile for Twinkies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought I would reintroduce myself. It sure has been awhile since I was here. Lets see, I am a chick, 35 years old. Use to run an IRC net but grew up and got tired of the script kiddies! Still run Gentoo Linux on one box. Love Music and Movies! Saw Super 8 last nite and it was epic. Like all things geeky! I am socially awkward and generally don't like people [Big Grin] Anything else you want to know just Ask!

--------------------
Twinkies

[email protected]

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2011 03:41      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twinkiies - around here, nobody likes anybody else very much - so you should feel right at home! [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2011 04:37      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings, Twinkles! [Smile]

So...does Gentoo still require 5 years to upgrade? [Wink]
</debian_guy>

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2011 06:40      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi Twinkies! or perhaps welcome back?

As a fellow gentoo user I must come to the defense of the One True Operating System.

dragonman: NO, it doesn't take 5 years to upgrade! I'm sick and tired of gentoo getting all this bad press!! With modern processors it's not such a big deal to compile everything and there's a few -bin packages for the big stuff, like OO.o and Firefox.

Be reasonable, dman! It only takes about 2 years to do a full "emerge -uDav world" upgrade, then another year to run through "etc-update" and update the files in /etc, and only another year to fix the packages that broke in the upgrade. So, in all, it's only 4 years to do an upgrade! Sheesh!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2011 08:08      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya there Twinkies!

Still lurking around here, though I have fallen victim of the thing called Facebook.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 11, 2011 08:49      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twinkies! Yay!
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2011 11:48      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm... twinkies...

Huh? Oh, sorry. Hi Twink!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1740 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture