homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Welcome renewbies (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Author Topic: Welcome renewbies
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2010 13:05      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Errr... I have been here for how much time? Let me check...

Back!

2186/109 = 20.06

So, average, I guess. (9 Years! Almost a quarter of my life, too!)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2010 14:34      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
Ashitaka wrote:
perhaps later I'll go through and cube the months

You fool! Time is already cubed!

WTF, that is crazy,
I'll summarize, In between every antisemantic, racist, bigotted, ignorant comment you could think of, the auther of this particular website argues that a day is not equal to one rotaion of the earth on its axis but to 1/4 of a rotation. ( and what we currently consider a 24h "day" is really 4 6 hour "days". But as I couldn't find, and since the website hurts my eyes I don't want to look, how this affects the number of months in the year, I will not be mulitply the number of minths by four for every one.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2010 16:31      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ OMG. Not the old cycloid question again!!!!

____ We are not rolling on the surface of the sun!!!

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2010 16:57      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
quote:

WTF, that is crazy,
Not only is it crazy, it truly resembles the ramblings of a truly delusional person. A bigoted, racist, anti-Semitic, delusional, probably schizophrenic person.

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 06, 2010 19:25      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
quote:
quote:

WTF, that is crazy,
Not only is it crazy, it truly resembles the ramblings of a truly delusional person. A bigoted, racist, anti-Semitic, delusional, probably schizophrenic person.
It's not just a resemblance. The guy who made the site is a complete loon. It's not a parody, a joke or an attempt to troll people. The guy is genuinely insane.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2010 20:28      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:
2798 / 238 => 11.75

Why do you think this is this a good game? It could easily be won by someone who posts once a year for 10 years.

238? Check your working! (unless you had a different username)
Duhh.... 10 years is not 240 months, it's 120, so it should be 23.5.

I must have been thinking pay periods :-)

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted May 06, 2010 21:44      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1340/49 = 27.35

Well, kinda average, though my participation has dipped in recent years.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2010 03:01      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ GrumpySteen, So you used your time machine, to set-up a phony website, write this totally BS rant. Then you use it as a link to to totally rant & rave at us, really neat, then you claim your alter ego is loony. GrumpySteen you're good.

____ From your writings why are'nt there 24 days in a day? Only the British and USN have it right ZULU TIME all around the world, the rest is left up to the locals. Ships log, 0940Z.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2010 07:25      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

WTF, that is crazy,
It's not just a resemblance. The guy who made the site is a complete loon. It's not a parody, a joke or an attempt to troll people. The guy is genuinely insane.
Man...that's a pity. It /looks/ like satire gold!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2010 07:32      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
The guy is genuinely insane.

Of course he is insane. The entire web page was made with Microsoft Office tags. Who in their right mind would use Office to create a web page?
Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2010 11:24      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
The guy is genuinely insane.

Of course he is insane. The entire web page was made with Microsoft Office tags. Who in their right mind would use Office to create a web page?
Don't get me started...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2010 13:01      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

WTF, that is crazy,
Amazing how long that site's been up, too (since 1997, apparently). It's been several years since I last saw it, but I remember that site being even more of an assault on the eyes. Is my memory faulty, or has he cleaned it up a little (very little)?

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 07, 2010 15:20      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sxeptomaniac wrote:
I remember that site being even more of an assault on the eyes. Is my memory faulty, or has he cleaned it up a little (very little)?

It hasn't been cleaned up. We just all have higher screen resolutions now than we did then and the huge fonts aren't quite as bad as a result.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
toobe

Member # 3783

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 07, 2010 22:18      Profile for toobe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... 174/61=2.85

And back to my corner.

--------------------
Studies show reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.

Posts: 175 | From: Victoria, BC | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Moe Monkey
Geek
Member # 1900

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2010 07:16      Profile for Moe Monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<Crawls out of hole, blinks eyes>
1.6 for me
(no second decimal place, Heisenberg is spanking me as I post this)

...there's an image...
[Big Grin]

Posts: 145 | From: The couch in the living room | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2010 10:48      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
There are a few names I haven't seen in a while. I certainly hope that they occasionally peek in. People like csk, Winter Solstice, Just Jess, Yayawoman, more from Jessycat, Rednivek, even a rant from -ct- would be refreshing.

The list could go on and on.

**PEEK**

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2010 03:52      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ash, if you want it to be accurate, you should add 1148 to my post count and calculate the months from July 2001.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2010 05:16      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
**PEEK**

[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2010 09:56      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see lots of changes since I've been here. MRS Xanthine??? Wow! Perhaps someone can fill me in on all the other pertinent news from the oldtimers like me?

I've just spent 7 weeks in the states visiting my mum, who has been ill. It was supposed to be just over 5 weeks, but this little volcano erupted-I don't know if any of you heard??? [Roll Eyes]

I realised I really miss home, but with a preexisting medical condition now, I may never get to live there again. [Frown]

Glad to see so many still around! [Smile]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2010 11:08      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you snupy!!

Saw you peek in and I immediately thought, "Her too!"

I do hope you stick around for a bit longer. It is funny how many names you miss seeing until they are no longer there.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2010 16:44      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
13.14 here.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted May 11, 2010 05:23      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder where Swiss Mercenary is these days. Supaboy too. Who else? Oh, Cheezi git. Yayawoman. Superflippy.

Plenty more.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2010 06:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
I realised I really miss home, but with a preexisting medical condition now, I may never get to live there again. [Frown]

Hi Snups, good to see you again.

I haven't been following the detail all that closely, but I'm pretty sure abolishing the "pre-existing condition" nonsense is part of Obama's health care reforms, so you need not be an exile forever.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2010 10:44      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I know-I've been watching closely, and it has given me hope, but it will take awhile for these changes to take effect. Plus, things can change so quickly.

I think it's more wanting to know the option is still open, rather than feeling trapped with no options. I doubt hubby will want to leave here anytime soon.

--------------------

snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2010 11:06      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
I wonder where Swiss Mercenary is these days. Supaboy too. Who else? Oh, Cheezi git. Yayawoman. Superflippy.

Plenty more.

Zorro, Capn Vic, Gmx???

and looking through some old posts to see who's still here, can I just say, SKYLAR is 24 now? Man, do I feel old.... [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture