homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Introductions are in order

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Introductions are in order
Fibonacci
Maximum Newbie
Member # 29869

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 21, 2009 22:32      Profile for Fibonacci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everybody. I've been told some of you have heard of me?

I'm Fibonacci... no, not that Italian mathematician who lived on the 12th century - I just happen to go by the same name. I'm Italian, also, but I live in Colombia.

I'm 23, have already obtained a degree as a mathematician (yes, that's part of the reason I go by this name), and am currently working on my physics dissertation.

I'm a heavy GNU/Linux user, somewhat of an otaku, a furry (red fox) involved in many projects within the fandom, and also, according to the test on http://www.innergeek.us/, I'm a Super Geek, with a score of 51%

Since may 25th of the current year, I've been Richard Wolf VI's boyfriend, and since he's a regular around here, I thought I might enter the forums too.

So, that's me. I hope I can fit in.

Posts: 10 | From: Bogotá | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted December 21, 2009 23:57      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings, my beloved one [hearts]

I really hope you get along in this forum.

I should have warned you about certain bong, but I don't remember what...

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Fibonacci
Maximum Newbie
Member # 29869

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 00:26      Profile for Fibonacci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Wolf VI:
Greetings, my beloved one [hearts]

I really hope you get along in this forum.

I should have warned you about certain bong, but I don't remember what...

Well, hello sweetheart! [hearts] Thank you for being the first one to welcome me!

What's this you mention about a marijuana pipe?

I love you, sweety.

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 00:43      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fibonacci:

What's this you mention about a marijuana pipe?

/ He says as he carefully hides it behind his back, trying not to let the smoke slip our from behind his lips.
;-P

Noone look behind the christmas tree, I just threw up back there. ( I think the egg nog in the fridge is from 2008)

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 05:02      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, hello. Welcome to GNU Jack City.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 07:25      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
/ She says as she carefully hides it behind her back, trying not to let the smoke slip our from behind her lips.

She? Boyfriend? Did I miss something? [Confused]

Bah! One way or another, who cares, if they're happy together! [hearts]

Welcome Fibonacci. I am sure you will fit right in, and do not hesitate to stir things up a bit... It has been awfully quiet in here lately! [Big Grin]

(True I haven't been around much either - pursuing other interests has reduced the energy left for fooling around.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2009 10:07      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
/ She says as she carefully hides it behind her back, trying not to let the smoke slip our from behind her lips.

She? Boyfriend? Did I miss something? [Confused]

no but I did, I apologize.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Fibonacci
Maximum Newbie
Member # 29869

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2009 00:29      Profile for Fibonacci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your warm welcome!

Yes, Richard and I are happy together, it's been seven wonderful months. In fact I couldn't be happier!

As for bongs... well, I wouldn't hide them, the smell would give me away instantly.

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2009 03:02      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Fibonacci, and welcome.

Hope this is the beginning of an infinite sequence of contributions from you here.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2009 03:20      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Ah yes the endorphins of young love. What a feeling, now the hard part keeping them going for a lifetime, and getting them back from time to time.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2009 20:49      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums and good luck with the physics. It's the one science I've never been able to get a good working knowledge of.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Fibonacci
Maximum Newbie
Member # 29869

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2009 22:16      Profile for Fibonacci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpazGirl:
Welcome to the forums and good luck with the physics. It's the one science I've never been able to get a good working knowledge of.

Well, I'm more of a theoretical person, and indeed my dissertation is purely theoretical, so it's mostly mathematics for me.
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 24, 2009 07:46      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Fibonacci - welcome to the forums [Smile]

Here's hoping you have a good time here. Most people are very friendly, but discussions sometimes gat a little heated.

I also hope no-one steps on your tail. [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Fibonacci
Maximum Newbie
Member # 29869

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2009 16:52      Profile for Fibonacci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for your wishes!

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture