homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Why hello thar ^_^

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Why hello thar ^_^
Nysta
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 23852

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted November 17, 2008 14:42      Profile for Nysta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm new to the forum, as you can probably tell, and I thought I should introduce myself. Although, there's not much for me to tell. I'm really into music. I've been playing clarinet for 6 years, and I've recently taken up cello. I'm also really into techno. Daft Punk would have to be my favorite techno duo of all time, and recently DHT has caught my interest. As well as music, and really into photograpy. And I absolutely love my Nikon D-60. Well I could probably ramble on all day about myself, seeing as I'm a gemini, but I'll leave it at that. Pleased to meet you all ^_^

~Nysta

--------------------
There is no spoon.

Posts: 4 | From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2008 14:52      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nysta,
Welcome to the forums, you should have fun here!!! We have a lot in common, I play clarinet and bassoon, well, I don't play much anymore, but if it's like a bike...

I also am into photography, I shoot with an N90 right now, just now am preparing myself to go digital, I am so old-school.

Anyway, most the guys around here are pretty cool, just my normal warnings for you, stay away from Steen, C.P. and Cap'N! Actually, Steen aint so bad, just don't click on his links. [Eek!]

Welcome aboard!!!
Btw, Gemini's Rock!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Nysta
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 23852

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2008 15:22      Profile for Nysta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the advice!
I'll be sure to steer clear of Steen's links
High fives for gemini's ^_^

--------------------
There is no spoon.

Posts: 4 | From: Chicago | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2008 16:25      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. I played clarinet for about 10 years myself, before quitting and playing in a handbell choir for a few years.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2008 16:27      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Musician and gemini here too! (Piano, mostly, but also some flute, and I try to learn violin. Then there are so many interesting instruments, I'd love to own enough for half an orchestra!)

Oh, right, welcome, Nysta. Hmm, beer in fridge, hot water for tea over there, there's this thing about making more coffee if you take the last cup, but I don't drink any, so I don't know where is the stuff. And there might be some cake left from Peeb's birthday. Enjoy your stay, and don't believe everything people say.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2008 19:43      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me high fives Nysta back.

Welcome to the forums.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2008 11:03      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Nysta!

Ah, clarinet, eh? Yes, I remember it well. Of course, I can't read music, not anymore. Actually, I learned then quickly forgot the scales, but still played quite well. Knew the fingering of the note, and also played by ear. Sadly, I wanted to play something with deeper bass notes, so dropped the clarinet years and years ago. Never did take up a new instrument, though. Maybe snag myself a piano at some point.

Let's see, music: Beyond techno, any other genres? My tastes run the gamut from Classical to Industrial, nicely centered on Pink Floyd.

As for being a Gemini, the person closest to me is a Gemini. I like Geminis, definitely keep me on my toes.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 18, 2008 11:26      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! I play a bit of the violin. That's the most that I contribute to the music world [Razz]
As far as listening, I really like Devotchka and Rupa and the April Fishes.

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2008 14:16      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome ^_^

Well, you may have noticed we're a rather random and eclectic bunch here. So, have fun!

And, be sure to take half of what's said with a dash of salt, and the other half with a rather large pile of it. [thumbsup]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2008 18:11      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!

I am one of teh resident resident grumbly Apple techs. I occasionally chime in. May rant randomly. But on Occasion,I have been know to help with some advice.

Have fun and don't feed the trolls!

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture