homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hello again

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello again
AntonTakk
Mini Geek
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2008 19:03      Profile for AntonTakk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have decided to re-introduce my self, not due to changes in my self/my life, but because I don't remember ever doing it, and I have been inactive here for ages it seems.

Hello, my name (as far as you know, MUAHAHAHAHA) is Anton Takk, thou I am called anton and 'at' (minus the quotes), so feel free to use what ever works for you. I am 24 (25 in sept). In case you are wondering, I got this name from The Dream Compass by Jeff Bredenberg, Anton Takk is a character who immediately won my admiration when a government agent offered to shake his hand and he promptly peed on that government agent's shoe.

As for hobbies and interests: computers, networking, robotics (i'll have to post pics of the most recent one when it's a bit further along), video games (yay nintendo), reading, and various music groups/bands that are mostly not retained in a single genre.

I work as a network and systems admin in the health care field. and maintain mostly windows (yuck), linux (yay), and aix (wtf!) servers.

I am single and looking and for the moment living with my parents (disabled mother, working father, and my grandfather lives with us cause doc says he doesn't want him to be by him self until he gets healthier)

Anything else you'd like to know? ask and I might just answer [Smile]

AT

--------------------
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!' - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posts: 83 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2008 19:32      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back!! - You know were everything is.

I believe that you left your cat here! Someone has been feeding it for you.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted July 09, 2008 21:19      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ummm, what if we don't want to give Anton's cat back? [Razz]

Welcome back! [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 05:40      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AntonTakk:

I work as a network and systems admin in the health care field. and maintain mostly windows (yuck), linux (yay), and aix (wtf!) servers.

Fantastic summary right there.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2008 06:24      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awwww, you LIKE us, you REALLY like us!!!!

Welcome Back Anton... Your'e not getting the cat back!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
AntonTakk
Mini Geek
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2008 09:37      Profile for AntonTakk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
I believe that you left your cat here! Someone has been feeding it for you.

my cat:confused:.....OH! MY CAT:eek:

Tell me, who has been feeding it?, and who have they been feeding to it? hopefully not someone I liked!

also, has it bitten anyone? if so, you did proceed to burn them alive, right? I could swear I left instructions....

AT

--------------------
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!' - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posts: 83 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2008 12:01      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember that name.

Welcome home, Anton.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted July 11, 2008 13:11      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back AntonTakk, hope you get to enjoy the forums again.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture