homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Theres a new geek in town! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Theres a new geek in town!
FrogQueen
Maximum Newbie
Member # 17878

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 21, 2008 16:42      Profile for FrogQueen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello my fellow geeks! Finally somewhere to come home!

I'm Laurel and I am in Melbourne, FL. I'm a pretty outgoing person but I just don't to the self introduction stuff well...sooooo feel free to ask me (just about) anything!!!

I look forward to getting to know y'all!!!

--------------------
pot'hbe'chug yay qatlh p"eghlu'
(If winning is not important, why keep score?)

Posts: 15 | From: Melbourne, FL | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2008 18:00      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooh Klingon! Welcome to the boards, there is coffee on, help yourself, just brew more when done. There is also a stash of munchies in the cupboard.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted May 21, 2008 18:00      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi FrogQueen! Hope you enjoy the forums [Smile]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2008 20:45      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard FrogQueen!!! Ask you anything, eh? Hehe. You silly girl [Big Grin] You will fit right in here [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted May 21, 2008 21:56      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All hail the Frog Queen!

RIBBIT!

[Big Grin]

welcome!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 00:55      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Froggy, and welcome.

There's coffee in the pot, cake in the fridge, and cheap Peruvian whisky on the top shelf behind the large pile of old Byte magazines.

quote:
From FrogQueens home page:
So take care what you ask of me, cause I can't say no....

I like that in a woman. [Wink]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 07:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...the coffee in the back...please excuse me for a few minutes. [Razz]

Welcome, FrogQueen! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
FrogQueen
Maximum Newbie
Member # 17878

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 08:05      Profile for FrogQueen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you ALL for the warm welcome! I do feel like I will fit in fine!!!

Geekygoddess...yes..I am a silly girl and I will answer anything. I am the Truth or Dare champ!!!

Famous Druid...How is it in the OTHER Melbourne?? Its hot and humid here!

I don't do a lot of coffee (yes I know I'm breaking a MAJOR geek rule here) but I will bring in Krispy Kremes on Mondays!!!!

(Boy That pic of me needs to be scaled down a bit eh? LOL)

--------------------

Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 08:27      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FrogQueen? Would you happen to be a Quebecer, by chance? Or do you have some fun backstory to tell about it? Otherwise, I'll have to challenge you to a rabbit fight! [crazy]

(We Quebecers like to turn insults sent our ways into a source of pride - that's how we chose our national day!)

Oh, and you're not the only one who leave the coffee pot untouched - I prefer my caffeine in a nice cup of green tea. Oh, and dark chocolate. (70% Cacao is great, 85% is better, 99% is bitter! [Big Grin] )

Welcome!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
FrogQueen
Maximum Newbie
Member # 17878

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 08:33      Profile for FrogQueen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I'm not. My father's parents were French. Our last name is VERY French and my Grandfather went by and Father goes by the name Frenchy. So when my dad joined the Army, people started teasing him about being a Frog and gave him frog stuff constantly. I grew up LOVING frogs, and when my son was born, my father called him the Frog Prince therefore making me the FrogQueen!!! (I tried to make that short!)

I did almost marry a man from Quebec...does that count for anything?? LOL

--------------------

Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 09:12      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FrogQueen:
No, I'm not. My father's parents were French. Our last name is VERY French and my Grandfather went by and Father goes by the name Frenchy. So when my dad joined the Army, people started teasing him about being a Frog and gave him frog stuff constantly. I grew up LOVING frogs, and when my son was born, my father called him the Frog Prince therefore making me the FrogQueen!!! (I tried to make that short!)

I did almost marry a man from Quebec...does that count for anything?? LOL

Hmmm, reading that, it makes you almost as good as a Quebecer. Welcome again, cousin! [Wink] (Does you family still speak French?)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 14:23      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bonjour FrogQueen and welcome to the forums.
Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 14:39      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FrogQueen:
Famous Druid...How is it in the OTHER Melbourne??!

Hey, you're the one who lives in the other Melbourne!

Here in the real Melbourne, it's cold and wintery, (3.4C/38F at 7:30 am) but sadly not rainy (we're in our 12th year of drought).

I've been to your Melbourne, it seemed a nice enough town, but it was raining when I was there, so I just passed through and went to the space centre. (Have I mentioned I'm a geek?)

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 16:32      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

Here in the real Melbourne, it's cold and wintery, (3.4C/38F at 7:30 am) but sadly not rainy (we're in our 12th year of drought).

You can have some of my rain. My yard is completely flooded and it's supposed to pour down tomorrow and Saturday. [ohwell]

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 16:55      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrawGator:
quote:

You can have some of my rain. My yard is completely flooded and it's supposed to pour down tomorrow and Saturday. [ohwell]
Thanks, I'll take as much as you can spare, just package it up neatly, I'll PM you the mailing address.

--------------------

DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 17:25      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can spare an unlimited amount and I have plenty of time to mail packages. I have to stay home tomorrow because the road to my 4-year-old's day care is flooded so they won't be open.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 18:18      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums Mrs. Froggy!!

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 19:24      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CrawGator:
I can spare an unlimited amount and I have plenty of time to mail packages. I have to stay home tomorrow because the road to my 4-year-old's day care is flooded so they won't be open.

Send those packages to...

Melbourne Water
PO Box 4342
Melbourne VIC 3001
Australia

Note: aussie post won't deliver packages over 20kg, so 5 gallon containers should do nicely.
It's a shame you can't email water, maybe when we get Web 3.0 running we can set up a streaming link...

--------------------

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 20:07      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FrogQueen: Cute smile.

Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 20:11      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi FrogQueen. Everyone else has shown you all the good stuff... now get prepared for your first punfest... we've not had one of these in a while...

quote:
It's a shame you can't email water, maybe when we get Web 3.0 running we can set up a streaming link...

I think that'll be part of the next version of BitTorrent...

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2008 20:19      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bah! MMKK can be a real drip sometimes.....he needs to go with the flow a bit more.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2008 00:56      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe I could order some water from Amazon.com?

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2008 10:14      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe you could try seeding one of those tag clouds I've seen on sites lately.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
iNoles
Mini Geek
Member # 5685

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2008 10:33      Profile for iNoles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it me that there is a lot of people from Florida is posting here? I could post a city that I'm lives in this threads.
Posts: 57 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
FrogQueen
Maximum Newbie
Member # 17878

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted May 23, 2008 10:50      Profile for FrogQueen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a translator I am missing?

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture