homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » hi people..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hi people..
Beast Girl
Newbie Larva
Member # 14604

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2008 13:29      Profile for Beast Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..I'm your most recent newbie. I read some of the stuff here, figured you seem like a cool bunch, snaggy figured I can post, so here I am.

now what to say about myself?
I'm a 22-year old female geek and primarily a total book worm. besides fiction, I'm interested in philosophy, history and weird random topics. as far as fiction goes I love my shakespeare, the greeks, the russians and similar classics, but I'm also into sf and horror. alright, I love horrors in all forms, be it books or movies. though if we're talking stephen king, it's books and almost never movies.

I also recently discovered The Holy Bible of Ubergeekness - d&d players handbook [Big Grin]

people often call me weird.. I call it having a personality. even if it is somewhat morbid and eccentric by your usual standards. but hey, I don't want to argue.
I can be a total cynic, especially when having an allergic reaction to idiots or when someone tries to touch my computer without my express permission. alright, admittedly in those cases I am prone to be more than just cynical.

aanyhow, I think I've babbled enough for now and I hope you all don't mind me tagging along here. so hi everyone [Smile]

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2008 13:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings BeastGirl.

There's coffee in the pot, cold beer in the fridge, and cheap bulgarian whisky on the top shelf behind the large pile of Byte magazines.

With a name like yours, I'm sure Spungo will be along soon to give you a proper welcome.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10458 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted February 17, 2008 16:54      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, if the coffee gets low don't forget to make more.

And what's with the new wave of D&D? I thought it died but all of a sudden EVERYONE is playing it. I've ben asked to join two groups in the last month and I've never played.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2008 17:49      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Beast Girl. I also find myself interested in philosophy, history, and weird random topics. Nice to have you aboard.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2008 18:03      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello BG, I hope you enjoy your time here. What part of the world are you from? Are you still a student (though the range of your interests suggests perhaps someone that has escaped from formal education)?

One little hint, on this forum we really appreciate it if you try to write simple clear posts, observing those boring niceties such as capitalisation. We do try not to be pedantic grammar nazis, but forum posts are a more considered form than IM messaging, and since you enjoy Eng Lit, I hope this would not give you too much trouble.

Welcome. Sit down. Make yourself at home. [Smile]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2008 19:44      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums (I will wait for Spungo or someone else to make a comment about the name).

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Dave
Geek
Member # 1977

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 17, 2008 23:01      Profile for Mr. Dave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beast Girl:
people often call me weird.. I call it having a personality. even if it is somewhat morbid and eccentric by your usual standards.

Welcome, BG. Methinks you'll fit in here perfectly.

--------------------
I'm not normally like this, but then I'm not normally normal.

Posts: 193 | From: Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted February 17, 2008 23:30      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beastie! Welcome! [Smile]
Posts: 7826 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Beast Girl
Newbie Larva
Member # 14604

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2008 09:44      Profile for Beast Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, first reply I get offers me coffee. Awesome [Big Grin] ! So I guess you all consider caffeine your life essence too?
But not to be rude here and babble on, first off, thank you all for the welcome and the coffee [Smile]

@Callipygous: as you can see, I'm mending the capitalisation situation. Mea culpa. I'm just a bit of a grammar nazi myself, though in the terms of spelling. In my defence, not using capitalisation on boards started out years ago as a little private protest against all those dumbasses who are able to press caps lock key only uneven number of times. It bugged the hell out of me, and in the meantime it became a habit.

As for my location, I'm from and live in Eastern Europe. Croatia, to be more specific.
As for my education, it has actually been very formal. From a very strict high school I went on to lawschool, which I dropped out of after a couple of years seeing how I was not willing to sell my soul to satan to make a career. If anyone here is in the legal profession, don't take this personally. It's a very different situation around here in that profession.
Anyways, I'm currently a student of economy at a private college, and one year away from my diploma yay *bounces*. My interests actually have a much wider range, but listing them all seemed a bit too much for my first post. I guess not even formal education was able to kill the thirsty-for-knowledge geek in me *chuckles*.

@Mac D: I have no idea about D&D. I think things like that will never die out, you may just hear about them less. What I can tell you is that it's pretty rare around my neck of woods, so I wasn't aware it was some sort of trend *shrugs*.

Having said all that, I gotta ask what's up with my nickname?

Now excuse this beast while she rocks on to Hell's Bells and pokes around the rest of this forum [Smile]

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2008 11:16      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Croatia wow

I love the dalmation islands.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3080 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2008 13:21      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
We do try not to be pedantic grammar nazis,

...errrr...yes we do! [Wink] [Razz]

Anyway - hello Beast Girl, and welcome to the forums. Post often and have fun, it's a nice place to hang out. [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2008 08:21      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Beast! I have read your posts, I found them intelligent and well structured. So I hope you will stay around for a while.

In the mean time: welcome. I'm not here as often as I used to be (I'm going through a crazy phase, hope to be back to normal soon), but if I remember correctly, the last pastry in the fridge is already taken, but if you ask nicely, BooBooKitty may bake some fresh cookies.

Enjoy your stay!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2008 09:35      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Beast Girl!

There might still be some yummy, chewy oatmeal cookies left if the vultures haven't already snatched them! :-)

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2008 10:37      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fowwy, I toot da wast one [blush]

Er, welcome, Beastie. Please accept this tray of fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies in lieu of BBK's oatmeal cookies.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1669 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.