homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » old gal with a mac and 8 rats here

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: old gal with a mac and 8 rats here
Trikkerat
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 13403

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 02, 2008 21:01      Profile for Trikkerat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I love my I-Mac, it's an Intel Core 2 Duo. I was very lucky to get a mac, got just a little one-time money, knew I wanted a Mac, and got an E-Mac. Got a printer, scanner, desk, mattress, and sofa, and an old car. End of money.
About a year later it's logic board went all evil, but it was under extended warranty, and I ended up up-graded to this lovely I-Mac.
Not good enough with math to be a tech-geek but I have geek-envy.

It's not good to live alone, so I got a cute pair of female rats.
Rats are very addictive, got 3 boys, then 2 more girls, then the old girls died and got 3 more boys. The oldest is 19 mos. the youngest was recently rescued from being snake dinner about age 5 weeks.
I also have a Trikke T8 air tire cambering scooter. Which I love dearly. If anyone else has one give me a shout? I love to ride it, I have a bad back and riding is less painful than walking. That's a start. Nice to meet you! Trikkerat

--------------------
To the world you are one person, to a rat, you are the world.

Posts: 4 | From: Ks. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2008 21:15      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums, don't worry about not being a tech geek, a fair few of us aren't. Oh, and don't mind some of the guys, they don't get out much. [Razz]

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Trikkerat
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 13403

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 02, 2008 21:34      Profile for Trikkerat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi SpazGirl, thanks for the welcome. I have a widget called daily comics, and it used to have one by Snaggy and Nitro, but it never came through. Now I see there's lots of comics.
How long have you been here? [Smile]

--------------------
To the world you are one person, to a rat, you are the world.

Posts: 4 | From: Ks. | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2008 22:00      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been here for almost two years now. I tend to come and go quite a bit based on my schedule any given week, but I'm usually around.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 05:17      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SpazGirl:
Oh, and don't mind some of the guys, they don't get out much. [Razz]

Hey -- I resemble that remark! Personally, I get a stroll every day around the yard. [Razz]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 07:10      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums!!

and it's just to cold to go outside here in Canada.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 07:22      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:

Hey -- I resemble that remark! Personally, I get a stroll every day around the yard. [Razz]
Of course you do... how else are you going to round up the sheep?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
password
Geek
Member # 12442

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 18:16      Profile for password   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry if i sound bias, but i absolutely despise macs. custom PC's loaded with like 60 distros(exaggeration) of linux is the only way to go.

(to be fair to all you mac lovers, i dislike windows equally)

--------------------
no my password is not username

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2008 21:08      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
60 distros? WTF?

You only need one distro, silly rabbit: Debian. [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
AntonTakk
Mini Geek
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 05, 2008 00:01      Profile for AntonTakk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First off, welcome! sit down. stay a while or three

second:
quote:

I get out a little over 14 times a week, once on the way to work, and once on the way back. and really, some of the people I have come across on these little voyages are the REASON I don't go out more [Eek!]

Third:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
You only need one distro, silly rabbit: Debian. [Big Grin]

pfft! i'd prefer a distro that works well, and has software that was written within the last 3 years.
Give me Fedora and CentOS or give me Solaris 9 [Razz]

--------------------
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!' - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posts: 83 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture