homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Howdy Doody!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Howdy Doody!
Hazman's Dadda
Newbie Larva
Member # 12586

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted November 24, 2007 15:09      Profile for Hazman's Dadda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I just received my mail from Snaggy saying welcome aboard!!

Hows all here? Been a JOT fan for ages and 'yes' should have signed up ages ago but you know what its like.

From the UK, weather sucks and I'm totally broke for Xmas having drank the iPhone Kool Aid.

Good to be here...

--------------------
I'm the operator with my pocket calculator

Posts: 8 | From: Bedfordshire, UK | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2007 15:42      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard

you will be glad to know that there are a few Brits here, several Aussies, various Europeans, as well as the Yanks, Canucks, and a smattering of others. There is a good mix of young/older, male/female etc. too.

stick around and find that this is a pretty good place [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 24, 2007 22:38      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hazman's Dadda:
From the UK, weather sucks and I'm totally broke for Xmas having drank the iPhone Kool Aid.

Me too, yes it does, me too! Hello.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 25, 2007 06:35      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello - Welcome to the forums.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Hazman's Dadda
Newbie Larva
Member # 12586

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted November 25, 2007 14:16      Profile for Hazman's Dadda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gee thanks all. Look forward to hanging out with y'all
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 25, 2007 19:50      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmm iPhone Kool-aid.

I wish they had that flavour in Canada!

welcome!

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 11 posted November 26, 2007 09:55      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what the hell is iphone kool aid? is that like the will it blend iphone with kool aid?

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 10:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hal9000:
what the hell is iphone kool aid? is that like the will it blend iphone with kool aid?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool-Aid#.E2.80.9CDrinking_the_Kool-Aid.E2.80.9D

Little known fact: It was actually Flavor-aid. Jim Jones was a cheap m'f'

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 13:24      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude your getting a Dell...

Ok i get it now. i was 1 back then.

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Shredder565
Mini Geek
Member # 12594

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 17:01      Profile for Shredder565   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weathers not too great here in Jersey at the moment, either [Smile] . Pouring rain almost all day and no end in site.

At least the radar shows what appears too be a TStorm too liven things up a bit [Smile] .

--------------------
The Un-Official WPLJTV channel..

http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Posts: 54 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 26, 2007 18:21      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ahem*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Hazman's Dadda
Newbie Larva
Member # 12586

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 27, 2007 13:52      Profile for Hazman's Dadda     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen, I cant believe you looked up Kool Aid on Wiki dude! Top job!

--------------------
I'm the operator with my pocket calculator

snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 27, 2007 17:01      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow-I forgot how much one can learn here. LSD was legal in the 60's [Confused] , and Jim Jones used Flavour Aid!

Great job with the grammar lesson, Steen. [thumbsup]

*drool* iPhone *drool*. God, some of you will remember what a tech virgin I was when I first joined-can you believe I want an iPhone now?? I can't! [Cool]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 27, 2007 18:23      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe Steen had to point out the origins of the expression. "Drinking the Kool-aid" is used in journalism all the time, even in The New York Times business section.
Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture