homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Is this thing on?? Testing.. 1... 2...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this thing on?? Testing.. 1... 2...
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2007 17:34      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I decided to resurrect my relationship with the internet, but I've outgrown all of my old loves. I surfed into this forum while trying to find a new Mr. Right, so I figured I'd let geekculture.com take me on a few dates and see how we hit it off.

I am really just only geek lite (I am smart and can figure out many computer-related things if I'm given time to dink around, but technology still has at least 18 bazillion IQ points on me. I like video games and comic books, but I would probably make all bonafide geeks snicker behind my back by revealing my specific tastes and knowledge), but I'm a total nerd (see: geek lite). Hence the username.

Anyway. I'm addicted to change, and I'm always looking to meet new people and discover new things to become obsessed with. I don't fit into any of the cliques around here (who would have guessed that social and economic status would matter so much outside of high school?) so I keep wandering the streets of the intarweb looking for a place to call h0m3.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Posts: 66 | From: Central Washington | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2007 17:40      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by erynthenerd:
I am really just only geek lite

Er... Can I edit my post? I really do know how to speak/type properly.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2007 17:54      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See the little icon above your post that looks like a pencil writing on paper? Click it and it will take you to the page where you can edit your existing post.

*edit*
Oh... and welcome to the forums. I'm a fan of the Ditty Bops too.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2007 23:35      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
?? You must have googled my username.. How else would you know that I adore the Ditty Bops? Thanks for the welcome [Smile]

--------------------
Fresh Meat

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2007 19:46      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course I googled. I do that to most new posters just to see what turns up. I'm nosy [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 17, 2007 21:10      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, eryn, make yourself at home. Don't worry, the geek cred police are all sleeping. Steen and I will put in a good word for you when they wake up. Right Steen? Right.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted November 18, 2007 00:37      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen, you won't find much about me online. Not with this username, anyway. [Razz]

Thanks for vouching for me, MightyClub. I need all the help I can get!

--------------------
Fresh Meat

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2007 13:06      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Steen, you won't find much about me online. Not with this username, anyway. [Razz]

Thanks for vouching for me, MightyClub. I need all the help I can get!

-
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2007 14:08      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zsr: I don't exactly trust that entire domain. [Razz]

I also don't have a login for said site, so I can't really dig deep (opened for a sec in Safari -> Priv. Brow. Mode)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2007 14:21      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, that owl is freaking me out.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 18, 2007 14:46      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe... click on the owl, eryn. I'm like you: I absolutely LOVE CSI and House. I was literally weeping when Sara left this week. Do you think she'll ever be back? And did you notice that Gil didn't really kiss her back?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2007 01:08      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay guys, I should probably correct myself. You will find plenty about me on teh intarwebs, but nothing *too* interesting. Heh.

Rhonwynn- I was never really a fan of Sara. And I think that Grissom didn't really kiss her back because he was taken off-guard and didn't really know how to react to her planting a sloppy one on him while they were at work.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

AntonTakk
Mini Geek
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted November 19, 2007 19:20      Profile for AntonTakk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forum and all that.

*goes back to the darkest of corners*

--------------------
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!' - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posts: 83 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 05:05      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AntonTakk:
Welcome to the forum and all that.

*goes back to the darkest of corners*

How long have you had this sig? I like this poem. The poem Ozymandias always reminds me of Bush.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 06:25      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*lights a candle and tentatively nudges it toward Anton's dark corner.*

--------------------
Fresh Meat

erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 20, 2007 06:32      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*lights a candle and tentatively nudges it toward Anton's dark corner.*

--------------------
Fresh Meat

AntonTakk
Mini Geek
Member # 4686

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2007 22:57      Profile for AntonTakk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
How long have you had this sig? I like this poem. The poem Ozymandias always reminds me of Bush.

since before i stopped posting

*writhes in pain and recoils from the candle light*

--------------------
`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair!' - Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posts: 83 | From: Denver, CO | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
NoRealReason
Mini Geek
Member # 6992

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted December 06, 2007 09:38      Profile for NoRealReason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
quote:

-
That's not a bit creepy, or stalker-like. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 70 | From: Never you mind | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture