homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hey I'm Anna

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hey I'm Anna
Annastacia
Maximum Newbie
Member # 10379

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2007 15:26      Profile for Annastacia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I'm Anna. I am more of a science geek, on the astronomy end of things. I run a 30" telescope at an observatory in Kansas and do Near Earth Ateroid Research for Harvard and NASA for fun in my off time. 8-5 I work at a law firm as a legal clerk.

I ran across this forum when a friend of mine suggested I google geek girl which led to a 4 1/2 hour adventure into a world of websites and article that eventually led here. Come on, I know you have all done that, you're going just look up something really quick and the next thing you know hours have passed and you don't where you started or how you ended up where you're at,(could've been that left turn in albuquerque).

So anyway, here I am, nice to meet you!

Anna

Posts: 11 | From: Overland Park, KS | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2007 15:31      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Anna,

I usually go straight through Albuquerque and make a hard left in Memphis.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2007 16:06      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings, may we call you 'Asteriod Anna' ?

btw - if you find anything important, I trust we'll be the first to know.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2007 16:07      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Anna,

Nice name - hope you enjoy the forums.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Annastacia
Maximum Newbie
Member # 10379

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2007 18:47      Profile for Annastacia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

Of Course, Just don't shorten it;) and I promise if the big one is heading our way I will give you all the heads up!
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 23, 2007 20:14      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Annastacia:
quote:

Of Course, Just don't shorten it;) and I promise if the big one is heading our way I will give you all the heads up!
Shorten it? [Confused]

At any rate, welcome to the forums and stuff. If you see any links that I've posted that claim to be music, be aware that there will almost always be something terribly wrong with what you see or hear as a result of clicking the link.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 23, 2007 21:27      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
quote:
Originally posted by Annastacia:
quote:

Shorten it? [Confused]
Well, you wouldn't want to call her 'Asteroid Ann', would you?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted August 24, 2007 07:36      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Welcome to the forums!
Whoa! I haven't been around for almost a month!
I do need a laptop.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Annastacia
Maximum Newbie
Member # 10379

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 24, 2007 12:13      Profile for Annastacia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, my old roommate use to tease me and call me aster ann...
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted August 24, 2007 13:03      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Annastacia

Welcome to the madhouse [Smile]

Actually, this is a nice place if you give the TrollWars a wide berth. Have fun.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture