homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Sticks her head around the door...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sticks her head around the door...
DozeyGeekette
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 06:50      Profile for DozeyGeekette   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone! Just joined and thought I'd say, well, 'Hello!' I'm not sure whether I can call myself a 'Geekette' yet (or indeed, if I am ever lucky enough to do so!)I'm not very computery and I can't add two numbers together in my head! I definitely spend too much time indoors in front of my beloved PC and laptop though. I've only now realised how unhealthy it is to keep my Inner Geekiness locked away in a dark cupboard though, so I've decided to share with the world my journey to that Shiney Happy Thingie that is Geekdom! Will you help me along the way? [Smile]
Looking forward to meeting you all!

http://dozeygeekette.wordpress.com/

--------------------
Confused but happy.
My Geeky Journey:- http://dozeygeekette.wordpress.com

Posts: 11 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 07:26      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and Welcome. Grab yourself a sticky bun -- coffee'll be ready in a mo. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
DozeyGeekette
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 07:35      Profile for DozeyGeekette   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! I think I'm going to like it here already!

--------------------
Confused but happy.

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 07:58      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DozeyGeekette:
Thanks! I think I'm going to like it here already!

Such optimism... she reminds me of me, before the weight of the world crushed my spirit. </Homer> [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 08:28      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums DozeyGeekette. I like the username.

I'm one of the people that somebody will (or should) eventually warn you about. Just think twice before clicking on any links to music that I post and you'll be fine.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 08:29      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Grab yourself a sticky bun -- coffee'll be ready in a mo.
Hmm, anyone else and you'd be safe. As it is Spungo offering, I'd enquire exactly what it was that made the buns sticky, before chomping into one.

Welcome!

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 09:30      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome DozeyGeekette,

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 10:12      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy, Dozey.  - Welcome to GC forums.

Are you the eighth dwarf?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 10:59      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 11:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
quote:
Grab yourself a sticky bun -- coffee'll be ready in a mo.
Hmm, anyone else and you'd be safe. As it is Spungo offering, I'd enquire exactly what it was that made the buns sticky, before chomping into one.

Welcome!

Well said...I very nearly said so myself. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted July 31, 2007 14:57      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello DozeyGeekete! Nice to meet ya.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 17:37      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, If we run low on coffee don't forget to make more.

Whatever hapened to the cosmic bong?

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 31, 2007 17:59      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:

Well Mac, under the heading of: Never BullSh*t a Bullsh*tter (or was that Bullfighter?)

We all figured you took it with you to Basic Training.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 04:04      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by garlicguy:
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:

Well Mac, under the heading of: Never BullSh*t a Bullsh*tter (or was that Bullfighter?)

We all figured you took it with you to Basic Training.

I don't leave for 35 more days. And they don't let you bring that kind of stuff. But I have heard of some intresting things getting smuggled in. It's not to hard to do it since they just make you dump out your bag and quickly look over it. I am thinking about downloading a bunch of History Channel stuff and uploading it to my iPod before I go. Then taking that. The only problem is hiding it when I charge it. It's easy to do at drill since the basttery lasts the whole time and I only need it one or two nights.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Shadow
Assimilated
Member # 1558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 01, 2007 16:49      Profile for Shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome DozeyGeekette!

I took a look at your blog and was pleasantly surprised to find you play Exalted and Oblivion. Two excellent activities! I recently got into Exalted myself and have snapped up all the 2nd Ed. books currently out. I even got the War For the Throne board game. (Great game btw!)

As far as Oblivion goes, I think you have a lot of fun ahead of you. I personally have played through all the guilds, the main story and the shivering isles and had a great time.

--------------------
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me. - Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet)

Posts: 415 | From: /dev/geek/ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 02, 2007 06:45      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh, hello
 -

After reading your blog I see that you are a Role-player, have you ever been to any of the Cons in the UK by any chance?
If so, we might have crossed paths.

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
DozeyGeekette
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2007 14:53      Profile for DozeyGeekette   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to go to quite a few UK game cons a few years ago, namely GenCon, Compulsion, DrakCon, Converzion etc. So, you never know - I may have blundered into you! [Smile]

--------------------
Confused but happy.

DozeyGeekette
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9885

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2007 14:54      Profile for DozeyGeekette   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd also like to say 'Thank you!' to everyone who has taken the time to read my blog! I really appreciate it and hope you enjoyed it! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Confused but happy.

Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 04, 2007 18:32      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome. You need not worry about adding two numbers in your head; I know many people who couldn't do that when one of those numbers was -1, so you're already ahead of the game! [Smile]
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture