homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Whoosh!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whoosh!
Cyclone
Newbie Larva
Member # 9223

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 07:17      Profile for Cyclone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'lo people, I'm new to the board, came across it during a Google for geek forums. I'm 17, just finished my first year in engineering college, and have a month or so of summer break left before I have to go back. I'm hoping this site'll keep me suitably busy, and double up as a tech resource for a geek-wannabe like me. Well, the front page seemed to promise as much ;D

Regards,
Cyc

Oh, and feel free to send me your comments/criticisms. I can't promise I'll read them all, especially the latter, but I'll do my best ;D

--------------------
The Force. It surrounds us. It enfolds us. It gets us dates on Saturday Nights.

Posts: 8 | From: 3rd Rock. | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 07:27      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! Yes this will keep you busy.
Don't be shy, post away, PLEASE.
I post in nearly every thread and mostly utter nonsense (when I'm not on three month hiatus...) and I need an accomplice.

And, the obligatory welcoming...
coffee is in the back, watch out spungo probably put lanolin in the donuts, and the cosmic bong is floating around here SOMEWHERE. I think spasticscholasticspasticsssspppp had it last....

Lost1soul
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 08:28      Profile for Lost1soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the randomness abounds!!!!! I'm not even a real true geek and I just joined like week ago and it's already taken up gads of my time. It's great and I've met cool worldly people.
Posts: 33 | From: Hampton Roads, Virginia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 21, 2007 08:36      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Cyclone, welcome to the forums [Smile]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Fuego
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9102

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 09:53      Profile for Fuego     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! This place does tend to take up a lot of time. I haven't even posted that much since I joined, and I still manage to spend too much time here. [Smile]
Posts: 15 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 11:10      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There *might* be some brownies and cookies left on the counter if someone hasn't scarfed them all down already.

welcome! [Smile]

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 12:14      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brownies! Yay!

(Munch, munch...) Oh, hi Cyclone, welcome! (Munch some more*...) I like your nick, BTW. I just love extreme weather - nature's way to remember us who gets the last word...

*Good thing virtual brownies have virtual calories!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 13:41      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to GC, Cyclone! I look forward to the random intellectual nonsense you can contribute to the already obsequious amount we have here! [Smile]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 17:12      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Cyclone - Welcome to the forums - and btw bbk's brownies are mine - you can have the mouldy bagel in the back of the fridge though (last new member I offered it to was obviously not prepared to take on the challenge) but stay away from the brownies (the're special).

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cyclone
Newbie Larva
Member # 9223

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 20:39      Profile for Cyclone   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brownies and Cookies I can handle, but I dont think I'll be taking you up on the Bagels, steve - try the next newcomer [evil]

'Scuse while I get some coffee....

--------------------
The Force. It surrounds us. It enfolds us. It gets us dates on Saturday Nights.

Posts: 8 | From: 3rd Rock. | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
Crazy Girl
Geek Larva
Member # 5146

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 09:06      Profile for Crazy Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As usual, I am a day late and the brownies are gone.
*pout*

Posts: 22 | From: Crazy World, USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 09:07      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry.. there's always a batch being made.

SB7!! Stop being such a glutton there!

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 09:16      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I call the rest of BBK's yummy treats!!!!!!
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 09:42      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I need to expand my repertoire..

Hmmm...

Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2007 18:18      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well hello! Actually I have been lurking for the last two days because my Mac was in the shop and I couldn't remember my GC password when I went to another computer. So I was a Guest for the whole time. I'm a little late, but welcome!

Any brownies left?

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture