homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Me (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Me
The Ste
Geek Larva
Member # 8907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 04:29      Profile for The Ste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah hello agus cead mile failte

Erm..it was suggested to my good self that I introduce mysmelf here. Okey dokey. I'm a 33 year old soccer player from Dublin in Ireland, whos just broken his ankle! My real job is an analyst for a comms company. I'm faily ridiculous considering I never take anything seriously and a constant barrage of stupid jokes is all you can generally expect from me. I've just become godfather to my beautiful niece Layla and am very proud of that. Major interests at the moment include writing, tv, movies, games yeah I'm actually that immature. Although I do lift weights, play pretty much every sport intermittantly, play guitar, paint and anything else I can sink my teeth into. This site seems like fun so hello to all who make it so. Later,
Ste

Posts: 23 | From: dublin | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 04:42      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Ste. I notice you said soccer... do they call it soccer in Ireland, or is that a nod to not confusing Americans by calling it football?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 04:52      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The irish have their own football, fs.
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 06:40      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fascinating. It seems more similar to soccer than American football does.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 08:21      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you play KoL? [Immature indeed! I'll be 57 in a few weeks...]

Oh. And welcome to GC Forums, Ste.  - I've got a few ancestors from the Emerald Isle, some others from Germany. Guess that makes me American, though some like to say German/Irish. Fine by me. It means I'm willing to get falling down drunk and still expect others to obey my orders flawlessly. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 09:11      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Ste! If you are truly as immature as you say you should fit in just fine. Please, let me know if my green tights get runs in them as we play follow the leader.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 10:25      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sláinte!!

[Smile]

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 13:12      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there and Welcome! Help yerself to coffee and biscuits... and there's a pot of tea somewhere (ah, go on, go on!... sorry, couldn't help that. [Wink] )

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 15:27      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ya will, ya will, ya willl, ya wiiilll!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
wittylikeacid
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8676

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 16:55      Profile for wittylikeacid   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ste:
Ah hello agus cead mile failte

Erm..it was suggested to my good self that I introduce mysmelf here. Okey dokey. I'm a 33 year old soccer player from Dublin in Ireland, whos just broken his ankle! My real job is an analyst for a comms company. I'm faily ridiculous considering I never take anything seriously and a constant barrage of stupid jokes is all you can generally expect from me. I've just become godfather to my beautiful niece Layla and am very proud of that. Major interests at the moment include writing, tv, movies, games yeah I'm actually that immature. Although I do lift weights, play pretty much every sport intermittantly, play guitar, paint and anything else I can sink my teeth into. This site seems like fun so hello to all who make it so. Later,
Ste

Hello Ste, i'm new too. sort of? haha. i've never been to Dublin, but i've seen the Weastern Coast of Ireland. reallllly pretty.
Posts: 16 | From: maryland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 10, 2007 19:49      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome The Ste!

Hope you enjoy the forums [Smile]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 20:59      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ste:
This site seems like fun so hello to all who make it so. Later,
Ste

Well I'm fun, but as for the rest of them ... [Roll Eyes]

Welcome. [Smile]

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 10, 2007 23:13      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, right. You flame females that happen to disagree with you and cultivate friendships with any willing male. *cough*attention whore*cough*

Think I'll go back to lurking.

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 00:27      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meow ladies...settle down now, or I'll get the hose. [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 00:53      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sosumi:
quote:
Yeah, right. You flame females that happen to disagree with you and cultivate friendships with any willing male. *cough*attention whore*cough*

Zomg, I nearly spit coffee on my laptop.

-

--------------------

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 02:20      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Ste!
Welcome to GC. Cookies are over there *points to kitchen table* coffee (ick) is right over there *points to coffee table* and whoever poors the wine and cuts the cheese must take out the trash. [evil]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 05:01      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sosumi:
quote:

You haven't been paying attention if that's what you think.
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Ste
Geek Larva
Member # 8907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 12:09      Profile for The Ste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
Hello Ste. I notice you said soccer... do they call it soccer in Ireland, or is that a nod to not confusing Americans by calling it football?

Hiya, your correct, I've been to the states lots and love it but when I say soccer its always confusing!
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 12:16      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:
Sláinte!!

[Smile]

Show off! I could have said that [ohwell] .

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 13:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me pours sosumi some tea, and offers a pint the next time I head north. [Smile]

(Speaking of which, I'm thinking of doing so sometime in the next few months...after all, I need to get my coffee/tea fix at a certain corner shop. [Wink] )

*looks at rest of thread, pays little attention, and goes about his lazy day*

There's nothing more glorious than having a Monday off. [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 13:05      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
There's nothing more glorious than having a Monday off. [Big Grin]

Lucky so-and-so, says he who just cycled home in a torrent. *wipes mud out of eyes* [tired]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Ste
Geek Larva
Member # 8907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 11, 2007 14:37      Profile for The Ste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cheers for all the hello's, this is about the most narsocistic thread I've ever been involved in!
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 04:33      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, hello, The Ste. Don't know why I haven't welcome you yet. Just put it on my chronic procrastination. So, welcome; and you may find some threads can get even more narcissics, so just enjoy!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 05:26      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Ste.

If it makes you feel any better, narcissism and bad puns (musn't forget that) are what we do best. [Razz]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 07:56      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
Welcome Ste.

If it makes you feel any better, narcissism and baaaaaaaad puns (musn't forget that) are what we do best. [Razz]

Commander -

You must be referring to spungo's work with the sheep.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture