homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hello!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello!
pawppy
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 8512

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2007 13:31      Profile for pawppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right, well, I suppose I better introduce myself. [Big Grin] I'm Pawppy, sixteen year old female, I like reading, music, learning about stuff...

Nice to meet you all. [Smile]

Posts: 1 | From: Co Louth, Ireland | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 20, 2007 13:44      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi pawppy!

Welcome the madhouse! [Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2007 14:09      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I need to watch my language, then?

Hey, welcome! As a male nerd, I am always pleased to meet another female nerd, for all that distance and age may preclude romantic entanglements. Nerdkind must go on. That's all I'm sayin'.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2007 15:33      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!!!

While you'll find you're on the younger end here, you definitely are not the only one under 20 [Smile]

Hope you have fun!

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted May 20, 2007 16:55      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello pawppy, nice to meet you, hope you enjoy the forums.
Good luck!

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2007 17:03      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome pawppy!

You'll probably find a lot of people around here that like to learn about stuff... geeks tend to like that kind of thing. Unfortunately, with my progressing age (I'm an old coot of 25 5/12 years), I'm finding my learning muscle doesn't flex like it used to. [Razz]

You'll find misc. baked goods in the fridge, and if you drink the last cup of coffee, please make a new pot. On the subject of *ahem* pots... the Cosmic Bong should be floating by any minute; feel free to take a couple hits. [Cool]

Look out for spungo, iWanToUseaMac and.. uhm.. I think people around here are starting to warn n00bs to look out for me now... and who am I to argue? [crazy]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2007 17:19      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not worth warning people anymore - I think we're all trolls at this point [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2007 17:24      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome welcome welcome! This place is like a giant toy store -- so much to see and do and all of it whirring or buzzing or zinging or whizzing.

And the trolls here can be sweet. (They're not very good at it, so give them a pat on the head and their milk and cookie and go on).

. . . or bubble wrap. They love bubble wrap.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2007 17:33      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bubble Wrap!!!

Oh... and welcome and stuff.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 20, 2007 19:20      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot, Steen... There goes my Sunday!

See you later, I've some bubbles to pop.

Hey, don't sniff :s

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2007 11:52      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi pawppy, welcome aboard. And remember, when that Cosmic Bong comes around, just say no! [Wink]

I just parked a fresh bowl (No, MMKK, not that kind of bowl! Sheesh.) of macaroni salad in the fridge. It's getting a little warm to be baking cookies... Anyway, help yourself.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
sconzey
Assimilated
Member # 2347

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2007 11:52      Profile for sconzey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, please don't feed the egos.

--------------------
"Violence is the last resort of the incompetent."
--Isaac Asimov

Posts: 490 | From: UK | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2007 14:50      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
And remember, when that Cosmic Bong comes around, just say no! [Wink]

Yes, I agree... Just Say No.. to silly aphorisms! [Razz]

We now return you to your regularly scheduled welcome thread...

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2007 17:17      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sconzey:
Welcome, please don't feed the egos.

Leego my ego.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
davor
Mini Geek
Member # 3073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2007 14:38      Profile for davor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forum [Smile]

P.S Yea I am still here somewhere - lurking [Razz]

--------------------
Davor

http://davortech.wordpress.com

Posts: 51 | From: europe | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2007 17:43      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Pawppy! Welcome. [Smile]

There's ice tea somewhere around here, cookies, and just general maddness that I happily add too, have fun!

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2007 18:20      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
Look out for spungo, iWanToUseaMac and.. uhm.. I think people around here are starting to warn n00bs to look out for me now... and who am I to argue? [crazy]

It used to be me... [shake head]
What did I do to lose my much-vaunted position?

Oh, hi pawppy and welcome... [evil]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2007 19:19      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And look out for Astronomer Jedi. The scars . . . the emotional scars . . .

[Wink]

--------------------

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2007 19:31      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums, I've hidden the tea behind the box of Oat Bran... don't tell anyone! [Razz]

And for those of you who worry, I am still alive, just working every day! So never fear!

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2007 03:12      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big hugs for my favourite EMU girl. [Smile]

Oh and Jess, you can't be that scarred by me. For one, you're married and everyone knows that it's only the single female n00bs that have to be warned about me... [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted May 23, 2007 09:09      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
Big hugs for my favourite EMU girl. [Smile]

Oh and Jess, you can't be that scarred by me. For one, you're married and everyone knows that it's only the single female n00bs that have to be warned about me... [Razz]

...but a married non-n00b female is still a female, so it's all fair game, right? [Razz]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 23, 2007 09:44      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zesovietrussian wrote:
...but a married non-n00b female is still a female, so it's all fair game, right? [Razz]

That depends on how jealous and violent her husband is.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture