homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Greetings (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Greetings
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 07:49      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...as requested.

Hi. *wave*

TSG is the shortened version of a nick I use elsewhere on the web, and as I had just intended to lurk....

I found this forum the other day while I was doing a google search for "men and hints" and ran across a couple of very enlightening posts. It caught my eye. I decided to stick around.

I was doing that search because I needed a quote for some writing I was doing (hint one: I'm a writer) but since I was at work (hint two: systems analyst), I just sent the link home to look at later (hint three: high speed internet at home) before I got in-game (hint four: online gamer girl)

So yea, here I am.

I posted on the online-dating thread about how much online dating sites seem to suck (hint five: single) and was asked to post here by a fellow writer (send me a link to your book!).

So, hi *wave*

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 08:05      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!!

Always glad to meet another gamer [Smile] there's quite a few on here.

There's quite a few people here who share some of those hobbies [Wink]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 08:15      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Geek Culture Forums. Others will be by later to offer imaginary food, drinks and possibly drugs for no readily apparent reason.

I'm one of the less well behaved members. I'm sure someone will provide you with the appropriate warnings later.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 9 posted May 13, 2007 08:24      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, so I guess I might be dropping the cosmic bong and the coffee maker...
Anyway, welcome TSG to the forums, I hope you find your significant other someday.
Cheers!

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 09:07      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 13, 2007 09:22      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey TSG! Welcome! [Smile]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 09:28      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willkommen, Bienvenue, Come On In. </Lili von Shtupp>

Lili von Shtupp: Hello, cowboy. Wha's your name?
Tex: Tex, Ma'am.
Lili von Shtupp: Texmam? Well, tell me Texmam, are you in show business?
Tex: Well, no, ma'am.
Lilly von Schtupp: Then why don't you get your fwiggin' feet off o' the stage.

--sorry... weird flashback. Won't happen again... [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 16:00      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello - welcome to the forums - what games do you play and what writing style are you in?

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 16:21      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
That I find hard to believe! [Razz]

And welcome TSG.

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 16:29      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! [Applause]

Just a word on the imaginary food: there is a Bagel That Keeps Itself Remarkably Fresh in the fridge... it is stevenback7's.

So I would like to know, do you play online games, desktop games, console games, or all of the above? I am a World of Warcraft addict myself. Yes, I admit it.

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 17:46      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:

Lili von Shtupp: Hello, cowboy. Wha's your name?
Tex: Tex, Ma'am.
Lili von Shtupp: Texmam? Well, tell me Texmam, are you in show business?
Tex: Well, no, ma'am.
Lilly von Schtupp: Then why don't you get your fwiggin' feet off o' the stage.

Thanks, Spungo. Now I'm going to have to watch Blazing Saddles again.

</end threadjack>

Howdy, TSG!  - Welcome to GC Forums.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2007 22:27      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi TSG. [Big Grin] I welcomed you in the on-line dating thread, but as far as I'm concerned, you can never get too many welcomes. Especially here.

I'm a writer too. Well, I haven't been doing it professionally, lately, but I'm getting that urge again. Can't seem to stay away from it for too long. Do you like to talk about the type of writing you do? If so, please tell us what you're working on.

quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Welcome to the Geek Culture Forums. Others will be by later to offer imaginary food, drinks and possibly drugs for no readily apparent reason.

-

quote:

I'm one of the less well behaved members. I'm sure someone will provide you with the appropriate warnings later.

[Roll Eyes] He clings to the bad boy image but he's really just ... well, indescribable, actually. [Big Grin] But in a good way. And he's our official Poultry Day founder and judge, as well as the overseer of the Stand Still Parade. A good egg, all around. [thumbsup]

There you go Steen .. a vote of confidence from me. There's your rep down the crapper. [Big Grin]  -

Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 06:59      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stevenback7:
hello - welcome to the forums - what games do you play and what writing style are you in?

I have subscriptions to EQ and WoW. Not playing much EQ right now, but I can't seem to bear to part with it, either.

My writing style is an interesting topic *snicker* I've published mostly erotica, though I write fantasy and non-fiction as well.

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 08:22      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSG:
quote:

I have subscriptions to EQ and WoW. Not playing much EQ right now, but I can't seem to bear to part with it, either.

My writing style is an interesting topic *snicker* I've published mostly erotica, though I write fantasy and non-fiction as well.

My wife and I are former WoW/EQ players, but we just got kind of tired of the repetition. I play mostly XBox games now.

Erotica, eh? I adore erotica. It certainly sells well! Jess writes Sci-Fi and Chick-lit. You guys should talk [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 08:43      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:
quote:
quote:

My wife and I are former WoW/EQ players, but we just got kind of tired of the repetition. I play mostly XBox games now.

Erotica, eh? I adore erotica. It certainly sells well! Jess writes Sci-Fi and Chick-lit. You guys should talk [Big Grin]

I'm the wife. *wave* Welcome to Geek Culture. I'm always looking for a writing buddy via IM for sprints, so if you're interested give me a looksee.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted May 14, 2007 08:48      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Others will be by later to offer imaginary food, drinks and possibly drugs for no readily apparent reason.

Better imaginary food than imaginary friends!

So the kitchen is in the back, coffee pot is right there, but if you take the last cup, please brew another pot. (I prefer tea, myself.) I worry we are out of donuts and other pastries, so better not use the bong just yet. And welcome!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 10:21      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll try to make more brownies and cookies when I return!!!

[Smile]

Ciao!

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Shadow
Assimilated
Member # 1558

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 10:52      Profile for Shadow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Games? Cookies? [Applause]

Hello and welcome TSG!

You will find there are several of us gamer types here at the GC. Are there any other games you like to play on a regular basis? What genres do you like to play most?

I hope you find your stay enjoyable and the virtual pastries to be particularly tasty.

Shadow

--------------------
I do but keep the peace: put up thy sword,
Or manage it to part these men with me. - Benvolio (Romeo & Juliet)

Posts: 415 | From: /dev/geek/ | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 13:11      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sosumi:
quote:
That I find hard to believe! [Razz]

[Smile] (Remember, kids: when it comes to drugs -- just say 'NO'.)

</end irrelevance>

Speaking of erotica and/or fantasy -- two genres that just don't get enough cross-over, huh? ...and Sci-Fi, for that matter. (What could one call it... erobotica?)

...She took his mighty sonic-screwdriver in her quivering, metallic hand-type appendages. Slowly, her simulated breathe accelerated in pace. She scanned upwards, noticing the H20 condensation on the re-inforced, transparent, Boro-silicate plates, and heard him utter: "articulate my 14-byte character-array label, female canine."

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 17:51      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
what games do you play and what writing style are you in?

My writing style is an interesting topic *snicker* I've published mostly erotica.
Sounds like that answers both his writing and game playing questions. [thumbsup] [Big Grin]
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 19:20      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
boo wrote:
Sounds like that answers both his writing and game playing questions.

Her, not his. She said she was an online gamer girl.

That said... likes erotica and video games. How the hell is she still single?

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 19:25      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No you silly Steenerstein. I meant, the questions she was answering. Although, I had thought they were posed by WS. [ohwell] [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 19:29      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's good to have something in common with your friends even if it is just confusion [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 20:25      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's good to have something in common with your friends even if it is just confusion [Big Grin]

hunh?

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 14, 2007 21:12      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just_Jess_B wrote:
hunh?

Confused? Oh boy, you can be my new friend too! [crazy]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture