homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » hello!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: hello!
RichB
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 8178

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2007 07:56      Profile for RichB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I'm Rich; I'm new here.
I don't recall how I found my way here, but it seems friendly enough!

I suppose I should ramble about me now?
I'm in the UK, 22, working as a Producer for a company that makes mobile phone games (for 3 years now), and I like all sorts of media, and travelling, and the usual stuff. And I am of course an Internet addict.
I'm suspicious of people who don't like chocolate.

Anyway, hello again, and I'd better get back to work...

Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2007 09:12      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RichB:

Then you can trust me all the way - I am a chocolate addict.

Welcome, Rich. I'm in a bit of a hurry, so I'll let others explain you the kitchen rules (coffee, bagel, sweets and alcoholic beverages).

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2007 10:17      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heya [Big Grin] Welcome aboard.

I adore chocolate [Big Grin]

This is a nice place - even the trolls are pretty cool [Wink] just don't let anyone get to you too much, and I'm sure you'll have fun.

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2007 10:53      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stereo you forgot to mention the bong. [Razz]

Welcome Rich, make yourself at home.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2007 10:59      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RichB:

Me too [Razz]
Specially my brother.
BTW, welcome to the forums, the coffee maker is ready and running...
Too bad it's peruvian coffee [Frown]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2007 12:06      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
Stereo you forgot to mention the bong. [Razz]

The bong doesn't belong to the kitchen, so no, I didn't forget it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2007 13:38      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi RichB - welcome [Smile]

Keep an eye out for the Grammar Nazis and the Spelling Police... they tend to appear from nowhere [Wink]

Other than that, and the odd slander-fest, it's a pretty chilled place. Enjoy your stay.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 03, 2007 14:20      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rich!

I am not only a card-carrying member of the Grammer Nazi party, I also an an Undercover Spelling Officer of the American English branch.

Of course, seeing as I am mired deep in the bureaucracy, I spend my time navel-gazing and writing emails with complete words.

So, you're safe.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2007 10:54      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... and you're an agent for the Syntax Stasi as well, aren't you? [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2007 13:04      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As well as a member of the Komitet Grammarstvennoy Bezopasnosti, nyet?

Edit: Duh, way to ignore the guy who just introduced himself, Ugh.

Hi, RichB! Welcome aboard!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2007 13:41      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forum and even though I am part German i am not even close to being a grammer Nazi

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 06, 2007 20:15      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rich!

The bagel in the fridge that keeps itself remarkably fresh is Stevenback's, I am brewing a pot of Gevalia, and the donuts are free for the taking, but leave a chocolate frosted one for me, please.

Hope you have a good time here.

Cheers! [Smile]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
mistersaxon
Mini Geek
Member # 6816

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted May 07, 2007 12:31      Profile for mistersaxon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
. . . I also an an Undercover Spelling Officer of the American English branch.

No such thing I'm afraid - Dewey signed you off the international program(me) without a disk(c)ussion. Since then it's been downhill thr(o)u(gh)out the 20th century.

Oh, and Hi to RichB from Rich, also in the UK. Hmm, when I was your age you were one. That's not good (for my self-image as a young person).

--------------------
Rich.

Posts: 64 | From: Thame, UK | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 09:36      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I am not only a card-carrying member of the Grammer Nazi party, I also an an Undercover Spelling Officer of the American English branch.

Shall I point out the irony? [Wink]
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 10:58      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too was wondering about why the Grammar Nazi Party would misspell their name [Wink]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 11:13      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh deer, their seams to be much subversion of the Parties Grammer happening in this fibre...

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 20:09      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mentien the speling. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 08, 2007 20:50      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi RichB!

Did someone mention the Cosmic Bong? Where is it anyway? I havn't seen it in a looong time.

*looks in his left hand*

Oh, here it is, had it in the wrong hand! [blush]

*passes the bong to the next participant*

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2007 18:53      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi RichB!

Welcome.

Most times things are very friendly. I can be a bit of a grump when it comes to one of three things: 1) Righties, 2) I forget, somebody remind me. 3) Video Games.

I'm sorry about that third thing, but Bob's your uncle, you know.

I just got a notice that I will be serving jury duty in a couple of months, so since you write video games you might want to avoid committing a crime around where I'll live, because you'd have to be guilty, writing video games and all for ...

Oh, THAT'S RIGHT, the second thing is CELL PHONES!

Sorry, RichB, say hi to you're Uncle for me.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 12 posted May 10, 2007 18:30      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:

Shall I point out the irony? [Wink]
Irony noted. What's funny is that 'grammar' is a constant have-to-correct for me. I know it's '-ar', yet I most often type it '-er'.

Think of it as a little feature. [Wink]

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
RichB
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 8178

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2007 02:02      Profile for RichB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent; I think I've got a good idea how to survive here, now.
So, I'll need to defend the left handed minority and my chocolate, avoid the coffee, check my spelling, and not mention the war or my job again. [Razz]

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! [Smile]

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 12, 2007 08:31      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Rich, welcome! [Big Grin]
Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture