homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » *wave*

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *wave*
nekoseven
Newbie Larva
Member # 7812

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2007 17:42      Profile for nekoseven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well. found some time to start reading and catch up through several years of posts.

anyways. i work as a network/desktop admin for a non-profit that works as a state subcontractor. i've been at the job for about 3 years now and learned a lot of stuff. but then, i've always enjoyed learning new stuff. previously, i worked as a systems admin for the computer animation department for an art school. i worked there for 5 years, with the first year working as a computer lab tech. then, prior to that, 5 years working for a computer rental company. and then prior to that, 5 years working stock room for a retail electronics store.

i've been fascinated with computer hardware and mess around with different operating systems. and because of my varied interests, i have a general knowledge of a lot of stuff. yeah. yeah. jack of all trades, master of none. but it helps being able to use knowledge learned from one thing and apply it to another. know where/how to look for answers to problems. or recognize them ahead of time.

k. well. gotta go read stuff.

--------------------
needs more input...

Posts: 6 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2007 18:11      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! [Applause]

The donuts and pastries are on the table next to the fridge and I think we have some coffee. Do we have a fresh pot on?

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted April 22, 2007 18:41      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, I hope you enjoy the forums, and help the needed ones while learning from th wise ones.
Boobookitty has made some delicious chocolate chip cookies if you want [Smile]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2007 18:50      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hot out of the oven! [Smile]

Welcome!

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 22, 2007 19:10      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome

the bagel is mine !!!

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 10 posted April 22, 2007 19:42      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vilkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome nekoseven!

Hiya, and now I am craving to make cookies and bread after reading about stevenback's bagel. Yum!

Wintersolstice started a lot like you did . . . and now he is a DEITY. *lol* -- just kidding. He's supercool and snuggly and is an SAP Basis Admin now, which means he makes the computer work for people who don't know how to do it. And they call him whenever they want, even when we're in the middle of . . . Scrabble. Yeah. Scrabble. Hot, sweaty Scrabble.

hehe. I'm teasing. Welcome and hope to see more posts!

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
nekoseven
Newbie Larva
Member # 7812

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted April 23, 2007 00:01      Profile for nekoseven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmm..... donuts.... drooool......

and chocolate chip cookies?
*SQUEEEE*

--------------------
needs more input...

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 02:41      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there!

Welcome to the forums, I hope you have a good time, there's sweets on the left of the sink and veggies to its right, and I think there's some juice in the fridge. [crazy]

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 03:43      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nekoseven __________________________ Welcome

Now who took my last beer?

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 07:47      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't look at me, I don't drink beer. [Roll Eyes]

Welcome, nekoseven. I believe you have been shown around, so I'll go for a little bit of warning: don't take everything that is said here too seriously, and some people have a rather twisted sense of humour. If you can survive that, you should do just fine. Enjoy your stay!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 09:16      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

Hope you enjoy yourself [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nekoseven
Newbie Larva
Member # 7812

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 10:43      Profile for nekoseven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
still gots lotsa readin' to do. [Smile]

though, i'm at work now, so shouldn't spend too much time.

last week, the CIO asked me to start monitoring user hourly web usage. ut oh. (yeah. i'm also in charge of the web filter hardware/software. sheesh. the sites people still try to visit. NSFW. NSFW. NSFW.)

--------------------
needs more input...

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 10:47      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, they could be innocently following one of Steen's links. Though most of us should know better by now [Wink]

Oh, and welcome, neko [Smile]

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture