homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hello to all the GC people!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello to all the GC people!
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted January 14, 2007 23:35      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, how are you doing?

My name is Juan Sebastián Marulanda and I'm from Colombia. I started reading the Joy of Tech comic 2 years ago and I'm loving it. It became me a mac lover from the first strip, although I don't own one (hence the nickname)

I'm just 15 and I'm going to enter college next week. Though I can't consider myself a geek (ok, just a little bit [Wink] ) I am computer literate enough to provide support ta anyone that needs it.

I used to write a blog about a linux distro project, but it got frozen since I realised , in my point of view, that many times free software tends to be polarizing to the propietary software a lot, making, at least in the GPL case, it more restrictive than it appears to be (I don't approve the copyleft thing).
Anyway, I'll rewrite it from scratch and transform it in a more active and personal blog.
This is the Blog: joynux project. Sorry the mess [blush]

This is me in the national orthography contest

-
The guy in the right is me, I was second. The other guy won [Frown]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 04:43      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and welcome! [Big Grin]
Posts: 93 | From: Sweden | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 08:37      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
10 points... an a warm welcome! [Applause]

Post often..

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 08:41      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey welcome to GC!

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
catgoddess
Geek
Member # 6838

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 08:41      Profile for catgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

[crazy]

--------------------
"I love humanity but I hate people." Edna St. Vincent Millay

Posts: 102 | From: Rochester, NY | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 15, 2007 09:10      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

awesome intro, and great pic! Congrats on 2nd place, that's still cool. [Applause]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 09:16      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iWanToUseaMac_____________________If we use an expression you do not understand, Google then ask us what we meant. I wish you a good time here post often, WELCOME from the grumppy old man.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 09:39      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and welcome.

Don't worry, being a geek is not required to have fun here. Liking geeks (and geek humour)is enough. [Big Grin]

So, bienvenido! (Ok, maybe I shouldn't try my own very little Spanish with a Spanish spelling vice-champion. [crazy] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
AgingAmigaoid
Mini Geek
Member # 764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 10:51      Profile for AgingAmigaoid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iWanToUseaMac:
The guy in the right is me, I was second. The other guy won

Yea, but the other guy didn't have the good sense to hang out here! So you are, obviously, smart and cool!

Welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures in College. Where will you be attending?

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted January 15, 2007 11:16      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to attend the Industrial University of Santander aka UIS.
It is considered the second/third best university of the country, just bellow the University of Antioquia, an tying with the National University.

I'm very excited because there's always a mysticism surrounding the college experience, so many miths and truths...

Footnote: In Colombia there aren't colleges in the sense of word, I'm going to attend to an university, where I'll graduate with a professional title.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Contest. Group. Success.

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 14:48      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Señor Escobar, dónde está mi cocaína?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 15:51      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tut tut.

Naughty boy ZSR! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 8 posted January 15, 2007 16:05      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
Señor Escobar, dónde está mi cocaina?

Hey! I felt that was racist! Please be polite and more careful with your comments. And by the way, is cocaína .

--------------------
Contest. Group. Success.

Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 18:01      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome iWanToUseaMac! [Applause] I hope you will enjoy your time here and not be turned off. I am a newbie myself having joined 1/1/07. I still need to get my introduction going so keep a lookout for that.

You haven't mentioned what you are studying for specifically. I'm interested to know.

Don't worry that you have an HP. You can still take advantage of this forum if you have any Windows-related problems.

Cheers! [Big Grin]

-- Tominfla also known as tamiflu, timinflo, and taminflu (I'll fill you in on that later). [crazy]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 3 posted January 15, 2007 18:17      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to start studying electronic engineering, but I'm also thinking on studying industrial design in two years or so.

--------------------
Contest. Group. Success.

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted January 15, 2007 18:28      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is surprising how warm are you people from GC, the only two topics I've created have become hot just today. Thank you very much!

--------------------
Contest. Group. Success.

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted January 15, 2007 18:40      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a little late to the party I guess, but I should say welcome!

(And I will refrain from inquiring about coffee or Juan Valdez.) [Razz]

Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 16, 2007 09:55      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi iWan, and welcome! Glad to see another fan has wandered into the forums.

Oh, and don't be offended if someone offers you the Cosmic Bong. It seems to come out for most newcomers eventually [Wink] ZSR's remark was a bit crude though. For shame, ZSR!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 16, 2007 10:44      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy iWTUM!  - Welcome to GC Forums. Have fun posting and playing along. I hope we don't ruin your English usage with all the dialects here. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2007 12:53      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
Oh, and don't be offended if someone offers you the Cosmic Bong. It seems to come out for most newcomers eventually [Wink]

I was going to offer it up, but IWTUAM is only a few months older than my son [Eek!] and I didn't want to be responsible for that influence. [Big Grin]
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 5 posted January 16, 2007 12:57      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the Cosmic Bong? I just don't get it.

--------------------
Contest. Group. Success.

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2007 13:03      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by iWanToUseaMac:
What's the Cosmic Bong? I just don't get it.

-
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 11 posted January 16, 2007 13:08      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh! That's it... regret asking.
It's kind of... a bummer.

--------------------
Contest. Group. Success.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture