homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » newbie here! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: newbie here!
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 01:11      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Welcome to the forums, Freja42. Don't believe anything they say about me.

Hi and thanks! And no I won't believe what others say. [Wink]
Posts: 93 | From: Sweden | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 01:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Freja.

The beer's in the fridge, the good whisky's on the high shelf behind the large stack of old Byte magazines, and min hovercraft är full av ål.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 01:25      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Welcome Freja.

The beer's in the fridge, the good whisky's on the high shelf behind the large stack of old Byte magazines, and min hovercraft är full av ål.

*lol* Poor eels! What are you gonna do with them? [Wink]
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 01:44      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
Darn, am I too late to hit on the h0t newbie?

Anyway, welcome, freja. You sound like you'll fit right in around here. I do believe there are a few other language geeks hanging around, as well as musical geeks.

My word of advice: If the jedi asks for scientific evidence, it's best to go along. Biz can explain [Wink]

*lo* Too late? No, I'm not dead yet or married so, hit as much as you want to. [Wink]

And thanks for the word of advice! I'm collecting them now for future reference. [Wink]

freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 01:46      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
Hey freja42. Good to see you here.

I'm a first generation Canadian who's father came over from Sweden, I unfortunately speak only English (and vulgarian) We have at least one other Swede on board here; Maswan and I guess, by extension Firesnake.

Well, just ask and I'll teach you some Swedish words. [Smile]
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 05:07      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by freja42:
Not that it means I'll marry you or anything though! *lol*

Oh damn! [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 07:06      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
quote:

Oh damn! [Razz]
*lol* Does that mean you want to marry me after my first post? Man, I must really make a good impression... [Wink]
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 07:35      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
The only worry is that I'm too old...but I'll behave like a 17 year old so you'll soon forget I'm 33. [Wink]

Stop that nonsense or I'll get mad! [Mad] (I'm 33 too! [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 07:37      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
quote:
The only worry is that I'm too old...but I'll behave like a 17 year old so you'll soon forget I'm 33. [Wink]

Stop that nonsense or I'll get mad! [Mad] (I'm 33 too! [Big Grin] )
Oh good! [Big Grin]
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 07:38      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mind if you act 17. [Wink]

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 07:41      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't mind if you act 17. [Wink]

*lol* I often behave like I'm 17. Or younger.
My last boyfriend didn't like it. *shrugs* That's why I ditched him. [Wink]

Swiss Mercenary

Member # 330

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 07:44      Profile for Swiss Mercenary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh damn! [Razz]
*lol* Does that mean you want to marry me after my first post? Man, I must really make a good impression... [Wink]
Actually no, it just means that he is a poor desperate geek like a few of us, and when a single Geekette/TTB posts he tries to elbow his way to the front of the queue [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]

As for age, well I am the real Geek age (42 or course) [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] , so 33 is still a young spring chicken [Wink]

(42 going on 17, of course [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Evil AI at work.
I am Swiss of Borg. Holes are irrelevant, cheese will be assimilated!

Posts: 2275 | From: All the way from the land of Chocolate, Cheese and Cuckoo Clocks. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 08:05      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Swiss Mercenary:
Actually no, it just means that he is a poor desperate geek like a few of us, and when a single Geekette/TTB posts he tries to elbow his way to the front of the queue [Big Grin] [Razz] [Wink]

As for age, well I am the real Geek age (42 or course) [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] , so 33 is still a young spring chicken [Wink]

Oh please. There's no elbowing, only Force Pushing. Maybe some Force Choking too. [evil]

I'm 24 and I act 17 half the time, so that's no big deal. I guess your last boyfriend was just stupid for not being able to appreciate the young at heart. Good thing you ditched him. [Wink]

--------------------

freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 09:13      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

There's a queue? *looks around* [Wink]

quote:

Yes, 42 must be the ultimate Geek birthday! [Big Grin]
On the other hand, 33 is the age that Hobbits become of age. *grins geekily*

Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 09:44      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes. I'll be 35 in less than two weeks. Of course, I still act like I'm 17 too, I get carded frequently, and my husband is 8 years younger than me. Maybe that's why I act so young....
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 09:58      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Black Widow:
Yikes. I'll be 35 in less than two weeks. Of course, I still act like I'm 17 too, I get carded frequently, and my husband is 8 years younger than me. Maybe that's why I act so young....

That's great! Not that you'll be 35 specifically but that there aren't just teens on the forum. [Wink]
You never know...

And yes, I get carded all the time. People have even thought that I'm as much as 10 years younger than I am...which some would find great but to me, it's just embarrassing because it makes me feel older than I am. I know, I'm strange. [Roll Eyes]

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 10:00      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And yes, I get carded all the time. People have even thought that I'm as much as 10 years younger than I am...which some would find great but to me, it's just embarrassing because it makes me feel older than I am. I know, I'm strange. [Roll Eyes]

Scientific evidence! [Wink]

Oh come on, it had to be said. [evil]

--------------------

freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 10:11      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Scientific evidence! [Wink]

Oh come on, it had to be said. [evil]

What, you want a pic? Yes, I did realise that eventually I have to post some pics. I don't really mind though. I post pics of myself on the Internet all the time.
No wait, that doesn't sound right... *lol*

I'll go and find some that look OK. [Big Grin]

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 10:16      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe it worked again! [Big Grin]

I was joking. It's become a catch cry around here now after I demanded scientific evidence of BusinessAttire's protruding ribs in one crazy, wacked out thread.

--------------------

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 10:28      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget it fellas, this is an excercise in futility - we don't stand a chance against a kinky sith lord who can catch fish with his bare hands [Wink]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 10:33      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know the rule of the Sith: there are only two, the master and the apprentice. And I need a new apprentice to teach. [Wink]

Catching fish bare-handed isn't too hard for a Sith Lord either. All you have to do is zap the water with one burst of Force Lightning and they all float to the top. [evil]

--------------------

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 12:28      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think there's another name for that. Demos, Zorro, what's the word I'm looking for?
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
freja42
Mini Geek
Member # 6685

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 13:37      Profile for freja42     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Catching fish bare-handed isn't too hard for a Sith Lord either. All you have to do is zap the water with one burst of Force Lightning and they all float to the top. [evil]

Isn't that what Crocodile Dundee did? *looks innocent*
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2006 13:38      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:
I think there's another name for that.

If you're referring to catching fish by hand, it's often called, hilariously enough, "noodling."

You can snag yourself some enormous catfish that way...and you can also lose a digit or two to a pike. Yum! [Razz]

AgingAmigaoid
Mini Geek
Member # 764

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 27, 2006 14:38      Profile for AgingAmigaoid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Freja!

Let's see... I've been here over 5 years, you've been here 5 days and we both have made 51 posts!

I guess it's safe to say I'm normally quiet around here!

But, I thought I should give you a proper welcome over in this thread...So...

Welcome! I don't know where the drinks are, I've never found the fridge and the only bathroom I ever used was a bucket with a cat in it (It was dark, I apologized to the cat..)

You'll find this place to be anything but a male-teen-geek message board! In fact it's quite a pleasant place filled with wonderfully quirky characters.

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture