homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Times have changed (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Times have changed
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2006 21:17      Profile for Jace Raven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's time for me to do an update on some situations that I'm sure have no interest though are rather interesting in nature, if you go for the gossip of things.

I dont mean for this to turn into a blog post.

My ex called me not to long ago. I was at the Harvey Mansion (a irish pub built back in the 1800's) getting trashed when she broke the news to me that she is pregnant by the man she left me for. This is my ex-fiance I am talking about.

After all was said and done I left the conversation with the impression that the guy wanted to have nothing to do with the kid, which pisses me off royally.

She said something in passing that I'm sure she doesn't think I remember due to the fact that I was drunk beyond all belief. "Maybe someday we might be able to get back together."

What the Fsck! does this mean? Must she pull on the strings that keep my heart afloat in the sea of emotions I call my life? Must she torment me?

I let it go. Though, not her.

I got promoted on September 1st to Corporal. I stand true today as a Corporal Of Marines. A Non-Commissioned Officer. The embodiment of my beloved Corps. I am too proud.

Life is good, as it is Labor Day today, for most, and I rest my hat in the home of a life-long friend in Florida. I return tomorrow but had a wonderful weekend so I am not sad to be leaving.

For those who dont know already, I have orders to deploy again on the 2nd of December 2006. I will be gone for a year. Our return date is 20 February 2008. Math doesn't add up right? heh. It takes us a little while to get out of country when it comes time for us to leave.

Posts: 1791 | From: Seoul, Korea | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted September 04, 2006 23:13      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Corporal Jace!

And as to your ex-fiance... I'd say forget about it. I hate to sound cynical, but she's probably just looking for someone to help her with the kid. He's not yours. He's not your responsibility. Yeah, it's mean to say, but she shouldn't be trying to take advantage of your emotions to help her with her mistakes.

Well, that's all I can say, except Congrats, again. A non-commissioned officer... wow, that must be a lot of responsibility.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 04, 2006 23:58      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As for your ex, as someone once posted here, Hook up with her for one night, do her in the butt, and never speak to her again.

Edit:
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
Step 1: Throatpunch the dude
Step 2: Make away with girl
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Honestly, if she'll leave the guy for you, chances are she'll have no problem doing the same to you.

Get rid of the feeling. Hook up with her, do her in the butt, and never call her again. You'll get over it after that.

Or you could just get out some more and find someone else to lust over.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3072 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 00:41      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Druids rules of relationships used to be

1. There are no rules.

But as of now they are

1. Never, ever, take back the woman who's dumped you, got knocked up by another man, been dumped, and is now looking for someone to pay the bills for the next 20 years.

2. There are no other rules.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10410 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 05:11      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Corporal!

Yaya must add her 2 cents of course. No need to do her dirty, throat punch her or any form of azzpounding (unless both consenting adults get their rocks off that way [Big Grin] ) She has managed to make her life harder than you will ever be able to. A single mother in the military during a war and a marine no less. I saw plenty of that during my years in the army. The worry, the horror, the stress and then being deployed on top of it with some flimsy dependent forms for who is going to take the kid while she is gone. All while she knows she did it to herself with poor decision making and piss-poor planning.

Love and desire do not automatically shut off no matter how much hate and hurt are thrown into the mix. So go ahead and acknowledge to yourself you still care for her even in the middle of all the hate, hurt and confusion while keeping your distance. Avoid any more entanglement with her. Sounds like she has a lot of growing and deepening to do. That tends to leave lots of wreckage behind.

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 07:45      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Coporal Raven! [Beard of Peter Gabriel!] [thumbsup] Do not under any circumstances get back with her. If she ever calls again, just quote Bob Dylan: "I used to care, but things have changed."
Posts: 5829 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 08:39      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Jace [Big Grin]

On the other matter, I think YaYa pretty much sums it up. Stay clear of your ex and don't let her try and use your emotions against you.

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 10:14      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with the others; I wouldn't give someone who already left me once a second chance. It means, among other things, that she's liable to do it again.

That's not even a viewpoint; that's Bayesian proability at work! [Smile]

Congratulations on the promotion. Here's to many more!

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 10:26      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Jace!

And to throw more advice into the mix: don't do anything stupid.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7666 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted September 05, 2006 10:35      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me salutes Corporal Jace!
congrats! [Applause] [Applause]

Posts: 7781 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 12:50      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations on your new rank, Jace. [Applause] [Applause]

I will also echo what has been said before - whilst it would be perfectly normal to still have feelings for your ex, you must lock them away and not think about them. If you are to stay sane, then the ex must stay firmly in your history.

Good Luck in the desert. [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 05, 2006 21:37      Profile for Jace Raven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the congrats, all.

As for the woman, C'est la vie.

Seriously though, it seems to be the story of mine (life that is).

uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 04:38            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it were the story of someone else's life and not yours, I'd start worrying that you were living inside some bad science-fiction movie ...
IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 10:08      Profile for Jace Raven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why Sci-Fi?

I would have to say Action-Packed Dramatic Thriller. Something along the lines of a 007 movie.

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 06, 2006 17:56      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, this is just a me too post, but congrats on the promotion, and tell the ex to go piss up a rope.

It's cathartic.

Posts: 4894 | From: Kitchener, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 06:29      Profile for Jace Raven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Female...

pissing up rope...

hmmmmm....

jfletch
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5650

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 09:19      Profile for jfletch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If she ever calls again, just quote Bob Dylan: "I used to care, but things have changed."
Or the Dylan quote I've used before: "It ain't no use in calling out my name, gal...you just sort of wasted my precious time...Don't think twice, it's alright."

No need to be angry at her. Anger only hurts you. She's in the process of destroying herself. Go find a HEALTHY woman. Sometimes that sounds like an oxymoron, but I can attest, there are some out there--unless you're not a healthy guy. But even then sometimes you get lucky. ::-)

Posts: 1 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 10:09      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
Female...

pissing up rope...

hmmmmm....

Think of how long it will take her to figure out how to even make that remotely possible...

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 10:55      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's scary is I'm sitting here thinking of a way to do it. [Eek!]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 11:37      Profile for Jace Raven   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:

I've been thinking of the many hilarious failed attempts.
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 15:24      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

The only way I could come up with to even try is to use a pee funnel.

--------------------
- The Decemberists

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 15:58      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can do anything with a bladder catheter tube...

/me whistles innocently

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3845 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 16:00      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With a funnel, a tube and a pressure boosting pump, it could be entirely possible.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6355 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 16:45      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
quote:

The only way I could come up with to even try is to use a pee funnel.
I was thinking maybe a reclined chair and the pee while standing technique.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 07, 2006 17:56      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone tried one of those fancy, flexible straws?
They have 'em in colors, ya' know.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.