homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Kind of new

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kind of new
bandcampgirl183
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 4937

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 14:03      Profile for bandcampgirl183   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi... I'm Rachel, 23 years old, from just south of Boston. I've been in #joyoftech for several months as Rach9276, and I've dropped in here occasionally.
I like chocolate and sleeping and chatting and writing and music and crafts.
Both my parents teach math, and we've had computers all my life, so I guess I was destined to be a geek. My favorite computer game has always been Glider, but I also liked Prince of Persia and TYPE!

~rachel~

--------------------
Deep Thought: A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. 'Hear that?' you say, 'That's dynamite, baby.'

Posts: 2 | From: Mass, USA | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 14:07      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi bcg183 [Smile]

It's nice to see that you have 'crossed over' to the forums, where you can join in with:

1) informed debate
2) exchange of interesting ideas
3) taking turns on the cosmic bong [crazy]

Have fun. [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 16:03      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a cosmic bong? You guys have been holding out on me.

From one relative noobie to another, welcome!

--------------------
I already used my best sig on Slashdot.

Posts: 92 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 16:24      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome. Grab a seat. Enjoy the humous and crackers. Ocelot's noses and wolf nipples along shortly. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 19:13      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums. Sadly, shipments of the secret decoder ring have been temporarily halted due to some minor manufacturing defects which, as it turns out, have been causing unexpected alterations to the curve of space-time in their vicinity. Please enjoy your stay none the less.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 19:23      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ocelot's noses and wolf nipples along shortly.
You said you'd stop calling me that! [weep]

Welcome badcatgirl!

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 23:13      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums, bandcampgirl. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Geordie

Member # 996

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 00:26      Profile for Geordie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bandcampgirl183:
My favorite computer game has always been Glider, but I also liked Prince of Persia and TYPE!

Glider the only game I have actually played until I could no longer move my fingers to press the buttons... good times.

Oh and yeah welcome to the forums.

--------------------
Geordie

Posts: 322 | From: Fairfax Station, VA, USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 10, 2006 14:36      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the fourums BCG! I myself have only been on #joyoftech a couple of time due to limited access...So WELCOME!
Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 21:55      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HalfVast:
quote:
Ocelot's noses and wolf nipples along shortly.
You said you'd stop calling me that! [weep]

Ok, that was the funniest thing I have seen on here in a long time, I seriously almost pissed myself. Top notch HV [Big Grin]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture