homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Newbie greetings

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newbie greetings
Ruhrpottbabe
Mini Geek
Member # 5113

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted May 04, 2006 13:52      Profile for Ruhrpottbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone, after two Performas, three iBooks and now a brandnew, shiny, exciting and sexy MacBook Pro I've finally decided to join this forum. Reading the posts I thought this might be a nice and friendly place to drop in, so hello!

--------------------
In a world of excess, it's the subtle that stands out.

Posts: 69 | From: Germany | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 14:04      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Ruhrpottbabe [Big Grin]

Welcome to the forums. Feel free to join in the debates and let us know what life is like from your point of view. [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 14:31      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums Ruhrpottbabe.

It is a nice place. There are a few scary people about, but I'm sure you'll figure out who they are soon enough anyway. [Wink]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 14:33      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Rue-Paul-Person.

I'm one of those scary people your mom told you about.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 04, 2006 17:33      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're probably not 14 either. Yay!

Oh, and welcome to the forums.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2006 09:10      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:

Are you insinuating that I'm her mom? [Confused] [Frown] [Wink]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted May 05, 2006 09:27      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the greatest forum on the Internet Ruhrpottbabe. [Smile]
Glad you could join us.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2006 11:40      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
quote:

Are you insinuating that I'm her mom? [Confused] [Frown] [Wink]
Maybe. [Big Grin]
Ruhrpottbabe
Mini Geek
Member # 5113

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2006 11:40      Profile for Ruhrpottbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys, so far you don't seem very scary to me. And yes, defintely not 14, but almost 36 ...

--------------------

GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2006 11:46      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ruhrpottbabe:
Thanks for the warm welcome, guys, so far you don't seem very scary to me. And yes, defintely not 14, but almost 36 ...

That's just because Zorro and Spungo haven't posted yet...

Hi, btw.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 05, 2006 15:19      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Ruhrpottbabe.

So, pull up a chair, pour yourself a beer, and tell us about yourself...

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ruhrpottbabe
Mini Geek
Member # 5113

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 04:08      Profile for Ruhrpottbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Druid. Well. there's not much to say, I'm a 36 years old female from Germany, professional translator and interpreter working freelance for business enterprises and academic institutions. After a 12-year-relationship I finally decided to accept my boyfriend's proposal and we got married on 1 February. No kids,no pets, just a bunch of Macs brightening up our life ,-)

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 19:16      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ruhrpottbabe wrote:
No kids,no pets, just a bunch of Macs brightening up our life ,-)

A wise choice. Macs don't require diapers or litter boxes.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 19:28      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steen wrote:
quote:
Steen wrote:

Macs don't require diapers or litter boxes.

You've obviously never run a MacTell machine.

Welcome Ruhrpottbabe!

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted May 09, 2006 22:16      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Ruhrpottbabe wrote:
No kids,no pets, just a bunch of Macs brightening up our life ,-)

A wise choice. Macs don't require diapers or litter boxes.

Or benedryl. Or Chloroform.

This is why my parents do not want me to be responsible for conceiving their grandchildren.

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Tirthas the Geek
Mini Geek
Member # 2864

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 08:05      Profile for Tirthas the Geek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willkommen Ruhrpottbabe!

I'm sorry to hear about the Mac - that you are using them, I mean :: ducks to avoid getting smacked:: but I'm glad you're here!

--------------------
I already used my best sig on Slashdot.

Posts: 92 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 08:10      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:

This is why my parents do not want me to be responsible for conceiving their grandchildren.

Best pickup line ever:

Does this smell like chloroform to you?

Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 08:23      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:

Best pickup line ever:

Does this smell like chloroform to you?

According to playboy (Feb '05) the best pick up line in the world is "Hi my name is Hugh Hefner"

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ruhrpottbabe
Mini Geek
Member # 5113

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 16:05      Profile for Ruhrpottbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm still waiting for the scary people you guys announced ... not that I'm keen on them, just a bit curious [Wink]

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 10, 2006 19:38      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ruhrpottbabe:
Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm still waiting for the scary people you guys announced ... not that I'm keen on them, just a bit curious [Wink]

*puts his hand in the air*
MzSunn
Mini Geek
Member # 5144

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted May 16, 2006 08:31      Profile for MzSunn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, I'm new. AAahhh. Okay then.
Posts: 54 | From: Atlanta GA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2006 11:30      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister and a bunch of my friends live in the 'burgh. Whereabouts are you located?

Welcome to GC, MzSunn.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Danapoppa
Geek
Member # 1555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 16, 2006 14:32      Profile for Danapoppa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another fellow translator-type person? Wonderful! Welcome, Ruhrpottbabe!

Oh and hello to MzSunn as well!

Posts: 237 | From: South of Mt. Fuji | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
MzSunn
Mini Geek
Member # 5144

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 19, 2006 11:46      Profile for MzSunn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robinson Township....it's cold up here. I moved up here from Atlanta GA in February. My job is the reason. THANKS for the welcome.

--------------------
Lovely Lovely Mushy Center

Posts: 54 | From: Atlanta GA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture