homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Feeling Minnesota

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Feeling Minnesota
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2006 13:56      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got back from my trip to Minneapolis on Sunday and I am worn out. We saw most of the major attractions in the Twin Cities including St. Paul's Cathedral, Minnehaha Falls, the Science Museum, and an art museum designed by Frank Gehry. And it didn't even rain very much. I had a really good time, and Josh and Kaitlin liked the city too. I have a ton of pictures, but they won't really fit here, so I'll just point you to my Live Journal entry where I've got 30 or so posted and a slightly more detailed description of what we did.

http://peebs1701.livejournal.com/74753.html

It's good to be back. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2006 14:18      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Excellent holiday pictures. [Applause]

I particularly like the Battery Hens painting, the scary Gehry architecture shots, and the Minnehaha falls - looks like some nice Dogwood (Cornus Sanguinea) growing in the foreground.

Lovely.

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2006 15:01      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in MN. I proposed to my (ex)wife under the falls.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2006 16:19      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I presume you mean Minnehaha as St. Anthony's Falls wouldn't be a very romantic location, what with the mills and all.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

RScottV

SuperFan!
Member # 3540

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2006 17:52      Profile for RScottV     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I Love the Lego store!

The Weisman is one of the most beautiful museums that I have seen. I am lucky to drive by it nearly every day. The chicken painting is one of my faves. I also love the giant Lichtenstein (sp?) that greets you when you come in.

Glad you had a good trip. You really hit some of the best stuff.

Posts: 211 | From: Saint Paul, MN | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2006 08:04      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
I presume you mean Minnehaha as St. Anthony's Falls wouldn't be a very romantic location, what with the mills and all.

Yes it was Minnehaha at dusk in the Fall of '04 when the leaves where just starting to change. Then we decided to move to Sioux Falls (Big mistake)

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2006 09:58      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mickey's Diner looks pretty amazing. Have you any more pics of it?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2006 10:46      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple more. I have one more of the family where you can't see us as well but you can see the diner better:
 -

And one of the whole place from across the street:
 -

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2006 15:48      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like a great trip. I love Kaitlin in the giant chicken painting picture. Her mouth is open like "what's with all those chickens!!"
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture