homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Howdy Y'all :D!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Howdy Y'all :D!
Einstain
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5031

Icon 11 posted April 02, 2006 19:56      Profile for Einstain         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to introduce myself [Smile] .

My name comes from the guy who I've chosen as my avatar, as you have probably guessed. One thing I really like, other than geekiness, is reading. Nothing beats a good book [Smile] . King is a pretty good author [Smile] . Everyone likes a good King novel [Big Grin] . You've probably heard enough of my rambling, so I'll just leave it at this for now [Smile] .

--------------------
Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far grater.

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2006 20:16      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You've got a little Albert on your shirt.

Welcome to the forums.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 02, 2006 21:24      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe there's a little Albert in all of us.

Welcome aboard. [Smile]

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2006 01:50      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Al, I think you'll find this place relatively friendly and interesting.

<true-story>
I'm actually a distant cousin of Albert Einstein.
</true-story>

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2006 03:59      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
<true-story>
</true-story>

Ehm... would that be the famous clan MacEinstein of Glen Zurich? [Wink]
Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2006 05:11      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
<true-story>
</true-story>

Ehm... would that be the famous clan MacEinstein of Glen Zurich? [Wink]
Actually, it's the O'Einsteins of Ulster.

Einsteins cousin fled Germany in the 1930s, ended up in Northern Ireland, settled down and produced a grand-daughter who married my mothers cousins grand-son.

I did say 'distant cousin' didn't I ?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2006 09:24      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard..... good luck finding the coffee machine.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2006 09:54      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Einstain,

you do realize that there is a typo in your nick and it's supposed to mean "Einstein"??
Or a joke I didn't get?
Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2006 10:17      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tom- geeking around:
Einstain,

you do realize that there is a typo in your nick and it's supposed to mean "Einstein"??
Or a joke I didn't get?
Thomas

I'd imagine the latter.

There was a coffee machine, and a cosmic bong, but last I heard, -ct- had it, and you know what happens to things when -ct- has them in his possession. [devil wand] [devil wand] [devil wand]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted April 04, 2006 17:43      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy our posts.

ahhhh it felt good to say that again [Happytears]

--------------------
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.~~Winston Smith

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Einstain
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 5031

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2006 21:19      Profile for Einstain         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom- geeking around:
Einstain,

Or a joke I didn't get?
Thomas

I'd imagine the latter.

There was a coffee machine, and a cosmic bong, but last I heard, -ct- had it, and you know what happens to things when -ct- has them in his possession. [devil wand] [devil wand] [devil wand]

Stain certainly was intentionally placed in place of "stein" [Wink] . Nothing amuzes me more than subtle humor, hahahahaha [Razz] . Originally, I was going to go with Einstein, but I figured chances are it would be taken, so I changed the name slightly. Thanks, everyone, for the welcome.

--------------------
Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far grater.

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture