homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » I Am Home!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I Am Home!!!
Casspiaffe
Newbie Larva
Member # 4979

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted March 14, 2006 15:03      Profile for Casspiaffe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well after trying to start topics on relativity and quantum computers on the horse BB, I finally got a clue and went looking for a new home. (Oh yeah, and that PBS Nova episode about neutrinos...that was cool.)

Other than the horse thing and the geek thing, I am a fairly well adjusted adult female in my 30's living single in Austin, Tx. Well, maybe not completely well-adjusted, but who really is?

Just left my IT job for the fun rollercoaster world of freelance (again.) Every couple of years I get "lonely" working at home and go find a job. Then I get fed up with people telling what to do and when to do it and go it alone again. Anyway, I muddle through! It's all a big adventure, right?

So now, I feel like maybe this will be my BB home. Don't worry, I clean up after myself and pay my share of the utilities...

Cass

--------------------
WARNING: Three chopsticks is too many!

Posts: 8 | From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 15:18      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Velcommen.

Stick around, have some fun.

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 15:38      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a Holsteiner in your profile pic? Do you ride hunt seat equitation or dressage?

/me loves horses, but hasn't ridden in a few years [Frown]

Welcome to GC!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Casspiaffe
Newbie Larva
Member # 4979

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 16:35      Profile for Casspiaffe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Rhonwyyn, we LOVE you!

She is a registered paint (breeding stock- not a spot of white on her) I will be sure to tell her she was mistaken for a warmblood. Woohoo!

Dressage all the way. Don't even own a jump saddle anymore-LOL!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Cass

--------------------
WARNING: Three chopsticks is too many!

Posts: 8 | From: Austin | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 17:23      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

Quantum mechanics is a good topic starter because it's so weird that it essentially places the physicists and the laypeople on the same level [Smile]

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 17:36      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Metasquares:
Quantum mechanics is a good topic starter because it's so weird that it essentially places the physicists and the laypeople on the same level [Smile]

Or makes people curl up and cry in the corner. Or maybe thats just me?

(Sooooo much maths [cry baby] )

Anywho, hey and welcome Casspiaffe!

Posts: 1142 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 17:52      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stibbons:
quote:
Originally posted by Metasquares:

Or makes people curl up and cry in the corner. Or maybe thats just me?

One of my first flirtations with geek girls included the (non-geek) girl sitting next to us slamming her glass down on the table, yelling: "it's too early in the morning to talk about physics, dammit!" and storming off. I'm still not sure whether to call that conversation a success with girls or not [Razz]
Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 20:20      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Cass. Welcome aboard. I am originally from Austin. In fact, I was just there this weekend. I also used to ride horses. Good to have you join us. [Smile]

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 14, 2006 21:12      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

Hmm...quantum stuff...just don't get me started about quantum computing. Presently, I think it utter bunk! In fact, User Friendly has run some great strips on that lately. [Smile] I can comprehend DNA computing - I may not think it thorougly practical at times, but for certain purposes I'm sure it could be great. Quantum computing strikes me as being...well...empty.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 04:04      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wilkommen!!

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 05:58      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Casspiaffe!  - Welcome to GC Forums. Get comfortable, post when you like. Have some fun. Thanks for the nice introductory post - it helps. [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 15, 2006 12:00      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, Casspiaffe. Confession: I'm a little scared of horses.

Quantum theory is remarkably easy.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture