homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hello everyone! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hello everyone!
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 11:00      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi! I've been reading the forum for awhile and finally decided to join. Just thought I'd say hi.

Ok... About me... I'm a geekette-in-training. I love anime, Harry Potter, LOTR, Star Wars, Star Trek (Next Generation), THHGTTG and oddly enough... History and historic architecture. (Probably not geeky or note-worthy, it's just something I'm in to.) So, I'm staring at my Darth Tater for some more inspiration but nothing comes to mind. I'm really bad at the introduction thing... So feel free to ask me questions, instead.

--------------------
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 96 | From: The resturant at the end of the universe | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 12:09      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 12:42      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] Arigato gozaimasu... It should be fun.

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 96 | From: The resturant at the end of the universe | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 14:33      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Danielin Aine

Welcome to the GC forums. Pull up a chair and wait for the cosmic bong to make its way round [crazy]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 15:19      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] Thanks! I really like your avatar, BTW... The Green Man rocks.

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 19:07      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh... someone else with a Darth Tater. Welcome to the forums.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 19:16      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there. [Smile] Welcome aboard.

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 19:57      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Heh... someone else with a Darth Tater. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks... Luke, I am your tater...
(They were talking about putting out a Spudtrooper, too.) [crazy]

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

Infinitesimal
Geek
Member # 4865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 20:02      Profile for Infinitesimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings, the more the merrier, and this is a very merry madhouse indeed. enjoy your stay may it be a long one [crazy]

--------------------
That which doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Therefore I am damn near indestructable.

Posts: 153 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 20:07      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there... I'd hate to be this weird by myself! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

Infinitesimal
Geek
Member # 4865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 20:12      Profile for Infinitesimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniélín Aine:
Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one out there... I'd hate to be this weird by myself! [Big Grin]

Hey were perfectly normal, its the rest of the world that is strange [Wink]

--------------------
That which doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Therefore I am damn near indestructable.

Posts: 153 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 20:52      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings and welcome. It's good to see someone else who likes the best of both worlds with the Wars and Trek.

You mean to say you don't think history and historic architecture are geeky? There's room for all kind of geeks here. We're not just computer geeks. There are a few classical geeks here.

Do you speek Japanese too?

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2006 21:18      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniélín Aine wrote:
(They were talking about putting out a Spudtrooper, too.)

They did. This summer, there will also be a spud version of R2D2.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 06:53      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maia:
Hi there. [Smile] Welcome aboard.

Thanks! [Smile]

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 06:59      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Astronomer Jedi:
Greetings and welcome. It's good to see someone else who likes the best of both worlds with the Wars and Trek.

You mean to say you don't think history and historic architecture are geeky? There's room for all kind of geeks here. We're not just computer geeks. There are a few classical geeks here.

Do you speek Japanese too?

Star Trek, rocks! I started watching when I was little. I prefer Next Generation over the other ones because it's nostalgic for me. (But of course I've seen the trouble with tribbles episode from the original.)

Well, I wasn't sure if liking history and historic architecture counted as geeky.

No, I don't speak Japanese... The only Japanese I know I learned from watching subbed anime. You'd be suprised how much you can pickup after watching 51 FMA episodes, though.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 07:02      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
Daniélín Aine wrote:
(They were talking about putting out a Spudtrooper, too.)

They did. This summer, there will also be a spud version of R2D2.

That is awesome! I absolutely need an R2D2 Potato Head. What will they come out with next? Maybe a Princess Leia with braids instead of the ears. [Big Grin] Thanks for the link!

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 07:06      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Infinitesimal:
quote:
Originally posted by Daniélín Aine:

Hey were perfectly normal, its the rest of the world that is strange [Wink]
How true, how true

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 07:15      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh c'mon. No comment about the pun. [Razz]
Best of Both Worlds...

Have you ever watched Trials and Tribble-ations from DS9? It's very good. DS9 is my favorite, but I've been getting back into TNG. I got three seasons as gifts for Xmas and my birthday.

Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
Qap'la

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 10:33      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, two points for the pun. [Big Grin]

I've never seen DS9's Trials and Tribble-ations, but I'll bet it's fun. Oooh! TNG on DVD, I'm jelaous!

HISlaH (Don't be too impressed, though. I googled it.)

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 10:38      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, and welcome!

Oh yeah...and see folks...this is someone who's been lurking awhile, and *not* scared by our troll hunts. [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 10:56      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there!

I promise that I'm not a troll!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 18:38      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would any troll respond to a Klingon exhortation? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Daniélín Aine
Mini Geek
Member # 4894

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 12, 2006 20:53      Profile for Daniélín Aine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably not... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Abraham Lincoln

drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 06:56      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2006 08:06      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture