homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » I'm not just Spam

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm not just Spam
Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 13:37      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello world.

I am a new member of the community, and I've spent the past week mostly haunting the Loooove forum.

I am a computer geek, and a dancer, a writer and a gamer, and here I dreamt I was an architect.

I have a blog where I write weekly posts about the Geek point of view on dating and relationships. Also my incredible and frequent failures on said dates and relationships.

www.heroseekingvigilante.blogspot.com

--------------------
[H]ard since '99

Posts: 48 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 13:38      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spam:

I am a computer geek, and a dancer,

I'm sorry, unless by 'dancer' you mean 'DDR' (which I'll never understand), then I must conclude you're lying.

Please move along.

[Wink]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 13:41      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome and have fun.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 15:00      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gamer? What kind of games? Could I actually have someone other than Swiss Merc to pester with chatter about Living Greyhawk?
Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 15:18      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooohhh Grey Girl...

You mean I am not the only one who remembers Greyhawk? (Though I never played there... We had our own game world...)

Gently prod Grummash with a 10ft pole and you will find a lapsed D&D gamer there too.

Perhaps we should set up a GC "secret old RPGer" group

Anonymously of course...

WoW is good - but real RPG it still is not...

Psst - wanna see my rpg rules collection? (makes a change from etchings I suppose...)

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 16:23      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums... even if you weren't willing to pay me $18.50 [Big Grin]
Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
MandysRad
Geek
Member # 4871

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 18:57      Profile for MandysRad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spam spam spam spam! Baked beans and spam!Scrambled eggs and spam!

Bluuuuugh!

What do you mean 'bluuuugh?'

I don't like Spam!!

/end lame Pythonian referance

Sorry! I couldn't resist!

--------------------
{insert something witty}

Posts: 110 | From: My mummies basement | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2006 19:42      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MandysRad:
Spam spam spam spam! Baked beans and spam!Scrambled eggs and spam!

Bluuuuugh!

What do you mean 'bluuuugh?'

I don't like Spam!!

/end lame Pythonian referance

Sorry! I couldn't resist!

You want pythonian? [Razz]

code:

class Spam(Eggs):
def __init__(self, foo):
self.bar = foo

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 09, 2006 06:45      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
Ooohhh Grey Girl...

You mean I am not the only one who remembers Greyhawk? (Though I never played there... We had our own game world...)

Gently prod Grummash with a 10ft pole and you will find a lapsed D&D gamer there too.

Perhaps we should set up a GC "secret old RPGer" group

Anonymously of course...

WoW is good - but real RPG it still is not...

Psst - wanna see my rpg rules collection? (makes a change from etchings I suppose...)

[Big Grin]

I was a lapsed D & D gamer as well, until friends made me game with them a little more than two years ago. Yes, they did make me game. My best friend told me she wouldn't hang out with me during a trip east (it was for a con, and she lives in the midwest) unless I gamed. Evil beotch. LOL...

I'll be DMing a game after work tonight, in fact.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Scubbo
Mini Geek
Member # 4832

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 09, 2006 10:59      Profile for Scubbo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:

code:

class Spam(Eggs):
def __init__(self, foo):
self.bar = foo

code:
 nerdwithnofriends.respect+=1 

--------------------
Information wants to be anthropomorphized.
When in doubt; Use the Source, Luke.

Posts: 64 | From: Englandland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 09, 2006 11:59      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scubbo:
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:

code:

class Spam(Eggs):
def __init__(self, foo):
self.bar = foo

code:
 nerdwithnofriends.respect+=1 

code:
use strict;
use warnings;

use UserAttribs;

my @users = qw( scubbo nerdwidthnofriends )

foreach my $user (@users)
{
my $object = UserAttribs->new($user);
$object->misguided(1);
}

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
MandysRad
Geek
Member # 4871

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 09, 2006 18:33      Profile for MandysRad   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
\m/ Rock On Nerd \m/

Rock on...

--------------------
{insert something witty}

Posts: 110 | From: My mummies basement | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 09, 2006 19:06      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since cons were mentioned, and I'm from Milwaukee... I must now do the obligatory whine about how GenCon moved... *whines* ... What ever happened to gamming roots. I mean, Raven is in Madison, id was located in madison, D&D was born here, GenCon was born here and J.R.R. Token's original copies of LOTR are here. I think Raven is still in Madison, and Marquette still has the LOTR.... But D&D was bought by Wizards of the Coast and now Wizards was bought (wasn't it?) and they took GenCon away...

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Spam
Geek Apprentice
Member # 4870

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2006 00:22      Profile for Spam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do play DDR actually. I am quite proud to say I can reliably pass 8 foot heavy. For the uninitiated, that makes me l337, but definitely not good enough to say publicly "I am good at DDR."
I also do Swing Dance. I did it for a few years in Highschool, and I just picked it up again a few weeks ago. The exercise and the attention has done wonders for my quality of life. I'm pretty slick on the dance floor, which is a sharp contrast from my social life, where I am described with such adjectives as "tactless," "nice," and "plus tactless."

I have not played in Greyhawk, but I definitely to play RPGs. Not enough though. I was a GM for my university's RPG club, and I ran a quarterly Paranoia game, and invented my own game world called "Evil High," where the players were all would be super villains, in highschool. It was excellent.

I play videogames too, but not terribly often. I game socially, so I will play Halo if I can get enough people, and I have passed first round elimination in more than One Smash Brothers Tourney with my Pichu.

--------------------
[H]ard since '99

Posts: 48 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture