homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hello Computer. Keyboard? How Quiant. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Hello Computer. Keyboard? How Quiant.
MacMaster
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 12:44      Profile for MacMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never really explored the pretty cool BBS they have here. Oops, I guess Forum is the modern word for a BBS. I am not an UberGeek, but I certainly strive to be. I am a Mac User since I was in 2nd grade, using an Apple II to play math games and Oregon Trail. Number Munchers, now there's a fun game!

I have 3 kids, 2 girls and a boy. My wife stays home and watches them for me while I bring win the bread. She is a Star Wars girl, I am a Trekkie. She was a PC user until she met me, and has been using a Mac faithfully ever since.

I couldn't love my kids more. They are the most precious things in my life, besides my wife. I strive to make them geeks, and support their geekiness. If not, Oh well, I tried.

I guess I'm getting a little long winded. But I have been reading JoT faithfully for over a year, and it is the funniest comic I know. Keep up the good work Snaggy And Nitrozac! BTW, Awesome performance at MWSF!

Posts: 31 | From: Eugene, Oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 12:46      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! [Big Grin] [Geek]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 31, 2006 12:57      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.. and a Q'apla to a fellow trekker!

By the way, it's Nitrozac and Snaggy [Wink] hehe

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 13:00      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May the Force be with you!

I had to say that. [Smile]

Welcome to the Forums.

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
MacMaster
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 13:00      Profile for MacMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks TMBWITW,PB! BTW, what does TMBWITW,PB stand for?

Q'apla to you Ugurcan! Thanks for the correction [Wink]

Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 13:09      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, MacMaster! [Smile]

If I remember correctly, TMBWITW,PB stands for "The Most Beautiful Woman In The World, Princess Buttercup". Though I'll let her explain what that comes from, as my memory fails me on that detail. [Wink]

Stick around, have some fun, enjoy the forums. [Cool]

--------------------
Math problems? Call 1-800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted January 31, 2006 13:40      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome MacMaster!

Thanks for the very kind words!

and yes, Peebs is really one of the TMBWITW. [Smile]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 13:58      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spiderman:
If I remember correctly, TMBWITW,PB stands for "The Most Beautiful Woman In The World, Princess Buttercup". Though I'll let her explain what that comes from, as my memory fails me on that detail. [Wink]

Absolutely correct! I was in one of my more obsessive phases with The Princess Bride when I registered and I'm terrible at picking nicks.

quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
and yes, Peebs is really one of the TMBWITW

Awwww. [blush]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 15:33      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yikes! Another one! We must have all been on hiatus in November 2005.

Howdy MacMaster.  - Another belated welcome to GC Forums. I see now that you, (like CloneArmyCommander), registered and posted in mid-November. Somehow, we mostly ignored your introductory post. I apologize for our collective rudeness, and thank you for sticking around and giving us a second chance with your re-intoduction. Please, post often and enjoy yourself. [Big Grin] [thumbsup]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 19:16      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome MacMaster!! [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 19:22      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MacMaster wrote:
using an Apple II to play math games and Oregon Trail. Number Munchers, now there's a fun game!

/me develops a slight, but noticable twitch

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 20:39      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farr Jolan, MacMaster

It's great to welcome another Trekkie to the boards.
Just be sure to steer clear of agents of the Grammar Tal Shi'ar.

Jolan True

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
magefile
Highlie
Member # 2918

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 21:05      Profile for magefile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
yes, Peebs is really one of the TMBWITW. [Smile]

What Personal PIN number does she use to access her Automated ATM Machine account?

--------------------
Let them be stupid - the market will sort it out.

Posts: 743 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 21:54      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by magefile:
Automated ATM Machine

I've never heard of an "Automated Automated Teller Machine Machine" before.. is that like a NIC Card (i.e. a "Network Interface Card Card")?

Maybe you should work for The Department of Redundancy Department. [Razz]

(note: no offense intended.. just some lighthearted jabs... I'd say the same to my friends IRL)

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 22:04      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
quote:
Automated ATM Machine

I've never heard of an "Automated Automated Teller Machine Machine" before.. is that like a NIC Card (i.e. a "Network Interface Card Card")?

(note: no offense intended.. just some lighthearted jabs... I'd say the same to my friends IRL)

magefile was jabbing at Snaggy. He said I am one of the The Most, etc.

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 22:09      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
quote:
Originally posted by MacManKrisK:
quote:
Automated ATM Machine

magefile was jabbing at Snaggy. He said I am one of the The Most, etc.
Yeah, MMKK. Besides which, are you gonna call him out on the AATMM thing and let the PPINN thing go?
[Big Grin] Sheesh! [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 00:00      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops! I guess I really missed a lot here... [blush]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted February 01, 2006 01:05      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MMKK it is my unpleasant duty to inform you that this blunder could put your position in the elite vanguard of the grammar stormtroopers at risk.

We are watching you. [devil wand]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 04:29      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to GC. Sorry it is so late.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
MacMaster
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 12:31      Profile for MacMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you all for your hearty welcomes, and the squabble in between!
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 16:58      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome, MacMaster.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 17:41      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome aboard, MacMaster. [Smile] Sorry we ignored you. Apparently we're just mean sometimes.

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NetwerkGuy
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2475

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 01, 2006 18:21      Profile for NetwerkGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that brings back memories.. I too remember the days playing Oregon Trail and Number Munchers on the old Apple II's in elementary school.

Welcome! [Wink]

--------------------
If A is a success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut. -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 49 | From: /dev/null | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
GameMaster
Member # 1173

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 18:43      Profile for GameMaster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome newcomer...

I thought there were other offered meanings for your nick name Peebs... One ending in Peanut Butter if I remember correctly.

NT Tecnology -> "New Technology Technology," funny thing is that XP's load page says "Based on NT Technology"

Redundent RAID Array made with some inexpensive independant disks I had laying arround -> "Redundant Redundant Array of Inexpensive/Independant Disks Array with inexpensive independant disks ..."

Forms that "FORM" in their title, and books with "Book of" in the title... I can see it's a form or a book, you don't need to reiterate that. That would be like a website with the url:
"http://internetwebsiteofsomethingorother.com/"

I hate to repeat myself.

NT Tecnology -> "New Technology Technology," funny thing is that XP's load page says "Based on NT Technology"

I hate to re... Oh.

--------------------
My Site

Posts: 3038 | From: State of insanity | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 19:52      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The NT thing is easy to explain.

Rather than actually create new technology, you create a brand called New Technology which distributes old technology. You then incorporate the New technology old technology into your new technology offerings so that they are now based on New Technology, giving you Windows XP based on New Technology technology.

Simple.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture