homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » New addition here!!! Hello!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New addition here!!! Hello!
Kmintrigue
Newbie Larva
Member # 4768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2005 14:51      Profile for Kmintrigue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all! Just wanted to drop a few lines to introduce myself...

I am 30... something... and mother of 2... almost 3... from the "mountains" of Virginia...

I have been watching my "sister by choice" on here for the past couple weeks... and you seem like a really fun group of people... so here I am!!

I look forward to filling your screen with witty chatter... hehe and hopefully add to the mixture of life within this site!

Kmintrigue

Posts: 5 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted December 31, 2005 16:44      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome to GC.

These are the friendliest people on earth [Big Grin] Have fun!

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted December 31, 2005 23:51      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Kmintrigue!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 06:26      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kmintrigue

Welcome to the forums. Have fun and let us know what you think about everything and anything [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 07:16      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Kmintrigue, welcome.

Who is your sister-by-choice?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 08:18      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloo! And welcome.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Richard
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2868

Icon 10 posted January 01, 2006 09:48      Profile for Richard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I extend to you a generous portion of welcome... and a Happy New Year as well.
Posts: 49 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 14:42      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
Hi Kmintrigue, welcome.

/me guesses "YaYa," but that's a guess.

Welcome, Kmintrigue! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 15:37      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
Hi Kmintrigue, welcome.

/me guesses "YaYa," but that's a guess.

Welcome, Kmintrigue! [Smile]

Give the man a blue ribbon! Yes,KM and I are "sisters-by-choice", I even borrow her mom and grandma. hahahaha. How did you guess?

Oh, yeah, hi kmintrigue. Good to see you. Happy new year. [Big Grin]

Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 16:05      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That you both list yourselves as being from Virginia could be a clue

Anyway, welcome Kmintrigue. Don't take anything I post too seriously. I'm brain damaged [Smile]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 16:09      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by YaYawoman:
Yes,KM and I are "sisters-by-choice", I even borrow her mom and grandma.

Cue: long string of "Virginia mountain folk" jokes... [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 18:58      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy. Welcome. Play yer danged banjo fer us. Please.

Dueling Banjos from Deliverance would be nice.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 01, 2006 20:30      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kmintrigue
Newbie Larva
Member # 4768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2006 10:56      Profile for Kmintrigue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Thank you all for such a warm welcome!!!
Just a few short replies so you all can be become acquainted with my "zany" sense of humor!!!

To Steen Who said:
"Anyway, welcome Kmintrigue. Don't take anything I post too seriously. I'm brain damaged"

I welcome the change... with all the inbreeding in these parts... a brain... even a damaged one is a wonderful addition!!!

To The Famous Druid who said:
"Cue: long string of "Virginia mountain folk" jokes..."

Are you sure they are jokes???

And to Garlicguy who said:
"Howdy. Welcome. Play yer danged banjo fer us. Please."

Although I am impressed with your manners... hence the "Please"... we do not play banjo's up here... they are called "fiddles"... and I personally have not graduated from spoon playing school to be able to move on to the more advanced "fiddle" group...

Furthermore... how did you get that picture of my Uncle Odell???

But either way.... hehe!

I invite you all over for a warm grubbing "ho-down" as my husband is currently out slaughtering the pigs this weekend... meaning: a pig roast is in order... if you can't make it for that... feel free to stop in... I can whip up a wonderful road-kill opossum stew and a jug of moonshine out the shed! I might even be persuaded to invite over the "cousins" who have graduated onto the buckets, jugs and fiddles to slap out a little sumptin'fer ya!

NOW THE REAL CHALLENGE!!!

How much of this was a joke??? HA!

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2006 14:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
garlicguy just has his southern states mixed up. Deliverance was filmed about three hours south east from where I live (it was on the boarder of NC and GA) so the banjo players are quite a bit south of Virginia.

Literally.

They used local people as extra actors to cut down on the costs.

kmintrigue wrote:
I invite you all over for a warm grubbing "ho-down"

Err... where are y'all from? It's "hoedown" unless you're from the north and paid someone cash for sex then tripped her.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 02, 2006 15:08      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'm somewhere inbetween Kmintrigue and Steen, but I think I live in a bit more "civilized" part of North Carolina [Wink]

Welcome Kmintrigue! We hope you enjoy posting here and reading all of our posts [crazy]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 01:59      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I play one mean juice harp. It goes like this:

boing boing ba-boing boing boing...

and so on.

Hello! Stay a while, POST!, and make yourself more sisters!

that reminds me...I need to get me a sister... any takers? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

YaYawoman

Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 02:18      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ewomack:
I play one mean juice harp. It goes like this:

boing boing ba-boing boing boing...

and so on.

Hello! Stay a while, POST!, and make yourself more sisters!

that reminds me...I need to get me a sister... any takers? [Big Grin]

If you ask her nicely Kmi will. She is a softie and will adopt anything.....dogs,cats,the bugs her children bring home, even me. [Big Grin]
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kmintrigue
Newbie Larva
Member # 4768

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 04:17      Profile for Kmintrigue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gosh YaYa! You don't have to give out all my secrets on my very first post.... "softie"... thanks! hehe

I can't help it if I have a slight addiction to strays! Just look at my hubby... LOL

Some people need to learn... (cough, glancing at floor).....

"To Just Say NO...." LOL

ChildeRoland
Alpha Geek
Member # 3880

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 04:33      Profile for ChildeRoland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay.

--------------------
=====================
Childe Roland

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 07:38      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kmintrigue:

I invite you all over for a warm grubbing "ho-down" as my husband is currently out slaughtering the pigs this weekend... meaning: a pig roast is in order... if you can't make it for that... feel free to stop in... I can whip up a wonderful road-kill opossum stew and a jug of moonshine out the shed! I might even be persuaded to invite over the "cousins" who have graduated onto the buckets, jugs and fiddles to slap out a little sumptin'fer ya!

NOW THE REAL CHALLENGE!!!

How much of this was a joke??? HA!

In response to your challenge: If we show up to your ho-down and you introduce us to "Aunt Mom" and "Uncle Dad" we'll know that most of your post here is no joke...  -

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 03, 2006 08:43      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well hello there Kmintrigue. Glad to see you have decided to kill some time over here.

Have fun and enjoy some online frivolity.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture