homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Nerdy Noob Girl (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Nerdy Noob Girl
Wendy Lady
Newbie Larva
Member # 4763

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted December 29, 2005 03:14      Profile for Wendy Lady   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WARNING! WARNING! Your asses are about to be blown away with the awesome power of the Wendy Lady!!!!!

Really I am just a humble geek with narcissistic qualities. and bad spelling...is that word right? where is my online dictionary. narcissistic, cool I was right. 2nd grade spelling bee champ! okay, maybe not.

Uh me...what qualifies me as a geek? Well, the fact that I was married at Star Wars Episode 1 (it really was the Phantom Marriage)and STILL manage to be amazingly adorable!

Look at that punum!  -

I have two awesome geek kids named Anakin and Kal-El....let me tell you, if you don't know who those are, you need to leave the forum immediately and check yourself.

Here they are on Halloween as a

Ghostbuster  -

and Shaun of the Dead (look at the adorable goatee)  -

Yeah...so that's me in a nutshell. I run the fan site for Robot Chicken and my own Design website where I draw and paint lots of geeky pin-up girls. Such as this lovely one that I am most proud of called Nerdgasm:  -

My son says it's me.....he's probably right, but I am hardly as thin as that.

That's me in a nutshell

[heart]
=wendy lady=

--------------------
There's always whiskey at www.wendyladydesign.com

or Get your Daily Dose of Iron and Protein at www.iheartrobotchicken.com

Posts: 6 | From: Bremerton/Seattle | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 06:02      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what a Kal-El is. What should I be checking for?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 06:12      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
firesnake: Kal-El I guess is Superman's real name. Google is great for that. You learn something new everyday.

Welcome Wendy. Hope you enjoy you time here.

/me goes to check his geek cred.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 10:33      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
firesnake: Kal-El I guess is Superman's real name. Google is great for that. You learn something new everyday.

Welcome Wendy. Hope you enjoy you time here.

/me goes to check his geek cred.

Correct, Kal-El was the name given to Clark by his father, and his father, Jor-El, always refers to him by that name.

/me wonders if he should go outside.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 10:43      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should it bother me that I think it's weird for someone not to know that? [crazy]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
ŚMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
shane_the_god_of_my_room
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4709

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 11:01      Profile for shane_the_god_of_my_room   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi wendy and welcome to geekculture [Razz]

seeing as you like retro things(Optimus Prime, The A-team) check this The JCB song

--------------------
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

Posts: 33 | From: Wakefield UK | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 11:26      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. Thanks. That reminds me, I should see if I can find a box set of the Superman movies for my nephew. He'd probably really like them. (Are they cheesey now? I haven't seen them in many many any years, but I remember them as moderately cool.)

--------------------

alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 11:38      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by FireSnake:
Ah. Thanks. That reminds me, I should see if I can find a box set of the Superman movies for my nephew. He'd probably really like them. (Are they cheesey now? I haven't seen them in many many any years, but I remember them as moderately cool.)

About as cheesy as cheddar, but that's why we love them.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 11:41      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Don't waste your time with III or IV, but II is still totally cool! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
ŚMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Richard
Geek Apprentice
Member # 2868

Icon 10 posted December 29, 2005 12:22      Profile for Richard   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums... :-)
Posts: 49 | From: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 13:16      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
Should it bother me that I think it's weird for someone not to know that? [crazy]

Oops...
*raises hand*

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 14:55      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Should it bother me to think that these kids are doomed for life? Unless they're just cutesy nicknames, and they're really named Billy and Steve, that is.

Beatings on the playground, and they'll die virgins. (Who wants to scream out, "Oh, Kal-El!" in the heat of passion?) Potential bosses will laugh at their resumes. Teachers and professors will look at them quizzically and pityingly.

I guess they'll get you major scene points at sci-fi conventions, though, and that's really all that counts, right?

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 15:16      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, their childhoods might suck, but they can legally change them as adults. Or use initials, I suppose. So it's only the first 18 years that really will suck.

Can you imagine being stuck with Anakin though? As a boy? And getting called "Annie"?

--------------------

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 15:17      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
they can legally change them as adults.

Good point!
Ugurcan

Member # 4746

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 15:18      Profile for Ugurcan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Demosthenes:
quote:

Should it bother me to think that these kids are doomed for life? Unless they're just cutesy nicknames, and they're really named Billy and Steve, that is.

Beatings on the playground, and they'll die virgins. (Who wants to scream out, "Oh, Kal-El!" in the heat of passion?) Potential bosses will laugh at their resumes. Teachers and professors will look at them quizzically and pityingly.

I guess they'll get you major scene points at sci-fi conventions, though, and that's really all that counts, right?

+1 [ohwell] It is not our business to judge how people name their children, but I agree with you on this one.

--------------------
"Constants aren't, Variables won't..."

Posts: 219 | From: Under a 110 ft satellite dish... | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rednivek

Member # 1148

Icon 7 posted December 29, 2005 16:49      Profile for Rednivek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are sock suspenders the new pocket protector?

--------------------
Rednivek - Detroit, Michigan, USA

Posts: 714 | From: Detroit/Windsor | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 17:19      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rednivek:
Are sock suspenders the new pocket protector?

Oh, I hope not, with every fibre of my being...
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 18:11      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are kind of like the magic talisman that keeps gargyles enslaved. (I'd have linked it, but I forgot which thread and am too lazy to search.)

--------------------

Demosthenes
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 530

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 18:50      Profile for Demosthenes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
They are kind of like the magic talisman that keeps gargyles enslaved.

...house-arrest anklets? [Big Grin]
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2005 19:04      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums

The gargyles are waiting over here

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 12:56      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh... Shauna of the Dead. Very cool.

Welcome to the forums!

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 13:07      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Should it bother me that I think it's weird for someone not to know that?
I would of never known had it not been said. I almost actually left....and a newbie told me to leave! How rude!

*takes deep breath

Welcome to GC Wendy Lady. [Big Grin]

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2005 15:39      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that what "check yourself" means? Like it's a hotel or something?

--------------------

Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted December 30, 2005 16:11      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehh.. A girl.. heh +drool+

And a really GOOOD looking girl that is!
Hi Wendy Lady!
Feel at home!

THomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2005 07:30      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hehh.. A girl.. heh +drool+
And a really GOOOD looking girl that is!

Tom-geek, Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom -
what will Rhonwyyn say when she reads this??? [Frown] [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

ę 2015 Geek Culture