homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » CloneArmyCommander

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CloneArmyCommander
CloneArmyCommander
Geek
Member # 4665

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted November 22, 2005 14:01      Profile for CloneArmyCommander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone [Big Grin] ! I've actually been registered for a couple of days, after stumbling across this site on accident, but I finally have time to stop and introduce myself [Wink] .

My real name is Alex, but on the net I am CloneArmyCommander. I am a Perl Monk and a Wikipedian, under the same name.

I am a Computer Science student in Texas. I am in my third year (I met my girlfriend, who I love very much, my first year. . . she's a non-geek, but I think I've almost gotten her over to the dork side [Wink] ).

I enjoy programming (perl is my favorite), Star Wars (Return of the Jedi is the best), reading(Lord of the Rings is my favorite), listening to music (rock, country, and blues), I love to cook (it's no different from programming [Wink] ), and as far as being active, I enjoy a nice peaceful walk [Big Grin] .

My web site is:
http://omega.uta.edu/~taa3180
*It still needs work, but I haven't had time for it, and I've just gotten it set up. On the bright side, it's on a UNIX server [Wink] *

Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 14:19      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice web site. Most men do not appreciate their girlfriend/partner's beauty until it is gone. [Big Grin] Welcome to our humble home on the web.

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
CloneArmyCommander
Geek
Member # 4665

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 22, 2005 14:28      Profile for CloneArmyCommander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, for the welcome and the complement on the web site (still working things out with it) [Big Grin] .

I'm a lucky guy [Big Grin] , I appreciate everything about her [Big Grin] .

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 30, 2006 16:29      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! My first ever Necropost.

CloneArmyCommander:

A big Belated Welcome to GC forums!  -

I have no idea how I missed your original introductory post back in November. It seems most of us did. I apologize. You did an excellent job in your intro which really helps us get to know you a bit. It looks like you've hung in here pretty well, but I would like to encourage you to continue.

This post will bring your original back up to the Active List and I hope many more of the regulars will also welcome you.

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge - get the hint folks?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 16:49      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ow! Don't poke my ribs so hard next time, okay gg?

Welcome CAC. May your posts be many and your stars be sparkly! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 30, 2006 17:20      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
54 Posts later. Welcome CAC. So far you have shown that you are a good poster and a welcome member of our community. Please stay and enjoy yourself. [Smile]

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
CloneArmyCommander
Geek
Member # 4665

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted January 30, 2006 17:23      Profile for CloneArmyCommander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks [Big Grin] ! I have really enjoyed posting, and lurking around [Big Grin] .
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 07:03      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Upon following a link posted by GG, I noticed I hadn't said welcome, which I am here to do now.

Welcome (belated.)

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Grey_girl

Member # 2172

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 07:31      Profile for Grey_girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second that.

Welcome to the Forums!

Posts: 764 | From: NYC | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
CloneArmyCommander
Geek
Member # 4665

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 07:35      Profile for CloneArmyCommander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks [Big Grin]
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 08:09      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome.

And just remember if you take the last of the coffee make some more.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
TheGirlWonder
Geek-in-Training
Member # 4698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 10:02      Profile for TheGirlWonder         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Welcome.

To this day, I haven't seen him drink coffee. Ever. I, on the other hand, drink way too much - mostly in iced coffee or cappuccinos - and that's why I'm so short. [Wink]
CloneArmyCommander
Geek
Member # 4665

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 10:05      Profile for CloneArmyCommander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheGirlWonder:
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
Welcome.

To this day, I haven't seen him drink coffee. Ever. I, on the other hand, drink way too much - mostly in iced coffee or cappuccinos - and that's why I'm so short. [Wink]
Hahahaha [Big Grin] . Yeah [Big Grin] , we went to StarBucks a couple of times, and I got a hot chocolate [Big Grin] .

I'm short enough [Wink] .

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 10:15      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who needs coffee when you have Irish Breakfast Tea?

I'll add my belated welcome to the list as well.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted January 31, 2006 12:15      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CloneArmyCommander

garlicguy is right, we never really said 'Hi' properly. Sorry [Frown]

Anyway, It's good that you decided to stick around [Big Grin]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2006 04:31      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops. [blush] It is very late, but welcome.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture