homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Hi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hi
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2005 06:37      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't want to disrupt the other topic with this, so I'm tossing it in here.

Thanks to everyone who welcomed me back and said hi. It's nice to know that I'm memorable to those I haven't caused severe mental trauma to [Big Grin]

So... it's been a bit over a year since I last actually posted anything. I've actually been lurking about every few weeks, reading a few topics here and there, but didn't post because I didn't have much of value to add.

Life for the last year has been focused around all sorts of medical fun that I won't bore you all with most the details of. The good news is that this past March, I received a kidney transplant and am no longer a dialysis patient although lots of complications have resulted. I've survived them, however, and things are hopefully getting better now.

With a little luck, I won't have to eat any more hospital food or be woken up at 3am by a nurse who insists that I drag my carcass out of bed so they can weigh me. Murder has never seemed quite so justifiable to me before....

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted November 01, 2005 07:24      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Steen!

Wow, kidney transplant. I can barely imagine what you've had to go through this past year. [Frown] I'm sure it's been a roller coaster... I sure hope things are smoother from now on.

Great to have you back! [Applause] [thumbsup]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tut-an-Geek

SuperFan!
Member # 1234

Icon 1 posted November 01, 2005 15:11      Profile for Tut-an-Geek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!
I'll come back to say congrats!

I'm glad to hear that things are looking up!

Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 01, 2005 16:13      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I can't claim to "know" you but your No. implies "welcome back" big styleee...

So a "big up" to you on your return...

[Big Grin]

And congrats on the whole losing the dialysis deal...
that has got to be a major boost to your whole "QoL" deal....

Seriously though... excellent - hope it keeps on the "UP" track...

BTW some in IRC are asking about you Tut... Just let 'em know you're OK... or we'll never hear the end of it...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture