homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Newbie Alert

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newbie Alert
Phizzy_Phil
Geek Larva
Member # 4452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 09:56      Profile for Phizzy_Phil   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy,
After having broadband for 2 days, I've run out of things to search for.
I'm hoping a site like this full of like minded people will justify the cost (not that i'm paying [Smile] )
Hope to catch you later

Posts: 26 | From: Nottingham, UK | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 13:30      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Phizzy Phil and welcome to GC Forums. Your profile says you're a Unix Administrator. I'm thinkin' you'll fit in around here just fine.

Make sure you take a little time to browse through some of the threads and get a feel for the style of the place. No real rules, just some good, respectful traditions.

Mostly, join in, have fun and post often!  - [Big Grin]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 14:10      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums, Phil. [Smile]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 14:35      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome P_... umm

Phil.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 15:18      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He he,

come join our mismatched crew of misfits and assorted Geeks, Nerds, etc...

You'll like it - it's fun!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
gladiator
Geek Larva
Member # 4387

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted October 06, 2005 18:07      Profile for gladiator     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Phil, hope you enjoy your time around here!!

--------------------
Gladiator:(noun)Celebrity and entertainer for the Roman masses.... without the paparazzi

Posts: 28 | From: St. Louis | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 06, 2005 21:07      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey yo yo. Come on in and post. And be Phizzy and prosper.

Welcome! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted October 07, 2005 19:25      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Phizzy! Welcome! [thumbsup]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 22:45      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Phizzy. Welcome aboard. Nice avatar. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 22:58      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well maia, looks like you copied our new member's avatar, how could you? [Big Grin]

Welcome aboard Phil

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 23:11      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
well maia, looks like you copied our new member's avatar, how could you? [Big Grin]

But, no. I was here first. [weep]

It's mine, mine I say. [Mad]

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 07, 2005 23:24      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me takes bets to see who becomes SuperFan first and gets to keep the av. [Razz]

Oh wait, Snaggy's not retiring avs anymore. That's good then, 'cause I don't approve of gambling!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 08, 2005 09:15      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maia:
quote:

Sorry alfrin, but I've got to side with the lady on this one. [Razz] I get routinely confused by this "Phil" fellow's posts bearing what I've gotten used to as "maia's avatar." [Wink] Funny how one can get used to a few pixels that sit next to a person's words...

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Matias
Highlie
Member # 4216

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 08, 2005 12:29      Profile for Matias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Phil. You should do just fine here. You have already started off pretty good.

DMN...your not the only one. If any one that is a regular changes their av, it would be very weird!

--------------------
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Posts: 516 | From: The Land of the mouse.... | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 08, 2005 12:36      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
quote:

Sorry alfrin, but I've got to side with the lady on this one. [Razz] I get routinely confused by this "Phil" fellow's posts bearing what I've gotten used to as "maia's avatar." [Wink] Funny how one can get used to a few pixels that sit next to a person's words...
I'm sorry, it was intended as a joke at maia. I'm well aware it's hers and I too think of it as her avatar

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 08, 2005 15:52      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
quote:

I'm sorry, it was intended as a joke at maia. I'm well aware it's hers and I too think of it as her avatar
I think we're all just joking. I'm not really mad.

...anymore

...or am I? [crazy] [Confused]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture