homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » They Call Me Booger

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: They Call Me Booger
Fragerella
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3881

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted April 29, 2005 14:14      Profile for Fragerella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, not really. They call me Alecia, (and just who is they, hmmm?), but you can call me Fragerella.

Anywho, I've been lurking around your fo's for a bit & finally decided to end the self-deprivation & join today, so here I am, in all mah glory. :wavey

I'm almost 30 (I said almost kthx), I live in Birmingham, AL (don't let that scare you) and I'm mommy to two awesome little boys.

I like computer stuff, classic gaming (think Intellivision, Atari, C64, etc.), and I'll read just about anything I can get my hands on. A few of my favorite authors are Stephen King, Chuck Palahniuk & Gregory McGuire, just to name a few.

I'm a HUGE Star Wars geek & I'm into just about every kind of music there is.

Hope to get to know y'all!

--------------------
Do the chickens have large talons?

Posts: 10 | From: Around the Way | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2005 14:26      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me waves

Welcome to GC, Fragerella.

And we won't hold the Alabama thing against you. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2464 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2005 15:04      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, welcome neighbor. [Big Grin]

I am just up the road a bit, near Rome GA. I stayed a couple months in Bessemer a few years ago doing contract work, and we all went to Birmingham at night after work. Almost got arrested on more than one occasion... come to think of it, we were pretty stupid at times.

[Wink]

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Fragerella
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3881

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2005 15:12      Profile for Fragerella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya don't say?!? I lived in GA for several years...went to Duluth High School in Gwinnett County. Small world. [Smile]

And it's easy to get arrested in Alabama--after all, this is the home state of Roy Moore ya know. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Zim'et
Alpha Geek
Member # 2448

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2005 15:58      Profile for Zim'et         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAH CHUCK PALAHNIUK!!! YAY!!!

... and welcome.

--------------------
3 2 1... Let's Jam

Posts: 254 | From: Montana | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2005 16:23      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Velcommen! [thumbsup]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2005 16:34      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings Fragarella.

So, 'Fragarella', that would be kind of like 'Barbarella' with a really big plasma-rifle, yes?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10670 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2005 18:02      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How do Flagella! [Big Grin] Welcome.
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2005 19:08      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and welcome. Enjoy! [Cool]

EDIT: BTW, I love your signature. "I didn't understand a word you just said."

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2005 21:57      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoa. Birmingham. I've never been there. I've only heard the Randy Newman song:

Got a big black dog
And his name is Dan
Who lives in my backyard
in Birmingham
He is the meanest dog
in Alabam'
Get 'em Dan

Birmingham, Birmingham
The greatest city in Alabam'
You can travel 'cross this
entire land
But there ain't no place
like Birmingham.

EVERYONE!!!! TOGETHER!!!!! Two!! Three!! FOUR!!!!

...ok, maybe next time.
[shake head]

Ah, and welcome, of course!

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2005 22:03      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, flagellum.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2005 02:20      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fragerella:
Hope to get to know y'all!

Yay! She spelled "y'all" correctly. Woohoo!! [thumbsup]

Welcome to our ranks, Fragy! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted May 01, 2005 08:09      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Fragerella
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3881

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2005 09:34      Profile for Fragerella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:

So, 'Fragarella', that would be kind of like 'Barbarella' with a really big plasma-rifle, yes?

Yes, plus the tall shiny boots. 'Cept I can't play the piano a la 'Barbarella'. [Wink]

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2005 15:12      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Yes, plus the tall shiny boots. 'Cept I can't play the piano a la 'Barbarella'. [Wink]
Could you post us some pictures of you in that^ get-up? Purely for scientific interests, you understand. [Razz]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Zargof McBain
Mini Geek
Member # 3856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2005 16:16      Profile for Zargof McBain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Ack! That's just reminded me that Barbarella was on TV tonight, but I've missed it now. *sigh*

--------------------
Smile. It makes people wonder what you're thinking

Posts: 75 | From: A dark place | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted May 04, 2005 10:04      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe welcome to the boards!
*sings to himself*
gonads and strife
gonads and strife
gonads and strife

gonads in the lightning
in the lightning
in the rain...

I also quite like Fishy

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Fragerella
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3881

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2005 11:31      Profile for Fragerella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me, too!

Surely then (may I call you Surely? harhar), you must also like bang bang bang and other gems coming from the awesome talent that is GroupX. They're baishin! [Smile]

--------------------

Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2005 12:03      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hadn't seen them before, they are baishin! [Smile]

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpikeSpiegel
Member # 1452

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 11, 2005 16:04      Profile for SpikeSpiegel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forums, Fragerella. I'm a big Palahniuk fan. Have you checked out his new book? it contains his infamous short story Guts and other great stories

--------------------
its been a while

Posts: 3090 | From: Boston | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture