homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » *tap* *tap* Is this thing on?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
Zargof McBain
Mini Geek
Member # 3856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 16:12      Profile for Zargof McBain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I thought I'd pop in here and say hello, and let you all know a little about myself.

I could tell you all about the fun and exciting things that I do, but then I'd be lying...

I'm a 26yo computer geek from little old England, doing a lot of programming and networking. I actually have the job title of "Research Scientist", which sounds a lot more interesting than it is!

Other than that I like to keep fit mainly through cycling, but also by spending time in the gym and martial arts. I also read a lot, and listen to music. But I think my main passion is travelling. I love to explore different places and cultures, but it's hard finding the time and the money alas!

So umm... yeah... Hi.

--------------------
Smile. It makes people wonder what you're thinking

Posts: 75 | From: A dark place | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 16:14      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's an old England?

Anywho.....Velcommen!

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
OhMyGoddessSixx
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3858

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 16:24      Profile for OhMyGoddessSixx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From one n00b to another, welcome aboard.

--------------------
"You may be a lover, but you ain't no dancer!"

Posts: 42 | From: The 7th Level Of Hell aka East Wenatchee, WA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zargof McBain
Mini Geek
Member # 3856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 16:45      Profile for Zargof McBain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cap'n Vic:
There's an old England?

Anywho.....Velcommen!

Yeah there is, but not many people have heard of it.

Thanks for the (Danish??) welcome.

--------------------

Zargof McBain
Mini Geek
Member # 3856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 16:48      Profile for Zargof McBain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by OhMyGoddessSixx:
From one n00b to another, welcome aboard.

Thanks, so how are you finding it here then? They seem a friendly bunch.

--------------------

OhMyGoddessSixx
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3858

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 16:53      Profile for OhMyGoddessSixx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's beginning to become very addicting.

*shrieks* Oh no! The forum is like crack for geeks! [Eek!]

Just kidding y'all. [Wink]

Everyone on here has been really cool to me. That's probably because of the whole boob thing lol

--------------------

Posts: 42 | From: The 7th Level Of Hell aka East Wenatchee, WA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 16:53      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to GC, Zargof.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted April 19, 2005 17:24      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums

--------------------
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two makes four. If that is granted, all else follows.~~Winston Smith

Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 18:03      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Just kidding y'all. [Wink]

No, that's accurate -- people have been known to die from just one visit to this board.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 18:09      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's become so common that the local ER has a code for whenever a new victim arrives: Code White-out--Death by Crit. [Razz]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 18:14      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Everyone on here has been really cool to me. That's probably because of the whole boob thing lol

Did you show them and I missed it? Damm [Frown] Anyway, welcome to both you and Zargof.
Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 19:02      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's beginning to become very addicting.

Yes.....but more precisely, arse crack.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 19:26      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Zargof. Welcome from a fellow newbie.

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 19:31      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the lot of you!

Hmmm... I have nothing more interesting to say, maybe I will think of something later. [Razz]

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted April 19, 2005 20:08      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Zargof McBain!

Thanks for being here. [Smile]

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Zargof McBain
Mini Geek
Member # 3856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 19, 2005 23:28      Profile for Zargof McBain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the welcomes. All these replies, and I haven't shown any part of my anatomy. [Wink]

--------------------

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2005 00:09      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zargof McBain:
Thanks for all the welcomes. All these replies, and I haven't shown any part of my anatomy. [Wink]

Yet. [evil]

btw - welcome, etc etc.....

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
OhMyGoddessSixx
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3858

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2005 00:57      Profile for OhMyGoddessSixx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
All these replies, and I haven't shown any part of my anatomy.
Hey, I resemble that remark. [Razz]

--------------------

Koboldskind
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3849

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2005 03:13      Profile for Koboldskind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome!

--------------------
In the Beginning, there was nothing, which exploded ...

Posts: 36 | From: Germany | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zargof McBain
Mini Geek
Member # 3856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2005 10:23      Profile for Zargof McBain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
quote:
Originally posted by Zargof McBain:

Yet. [evil]

btw - welcome, etc etc.....

Eeek!! Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it, and it ain't a pretty sight!! [Smile]

--------------------

Zargof McBain
Mini Geek
Member # 3856

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2005 10:28      Profile for Zargof McBain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
All these replies, and I haven't shown any part of my anatomy.
Hey, I resemble that remark. [Razz]
*whistles innocently* [Smile]

I hope you don't think I was referring to you...

--------------------

OhMyGoddessSixx
Geek Apprentice
Member # 3858

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2005 11:22      Profile for OhMyGoddessSixx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sarcasm* Oh Heavens, no. I didn't think you were referring to me at all. [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture