homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » Kobold on da board

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kobold on da board
Koboldskind
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3849

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted April 17, 2005 02:48      Profile for Koboldskind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello my name is Koboldskind, an i am a geek ... sounds like a visit to Geeks Anonymous.
Anyway, i am here in old Europe and, at the moment, studying Linguistics/Computational Linguistics/Philosophy after having dropped out of CS some time ago.
But at heart, i am still a huge computer geek, mainly into coding Java & SQL, also doing some HTML, XML, XSLT, JvavaScript and the basics of some other weird things. Started learning Perl in Computational Linguistics and I think it's a funny little language when you're trying to confuse the hell out of people =)
I'm also a gamer of all trades (computer, board, RPG ... ) but don't have as much time to persue those things as i would like to.

Nice to met you all!

--------------------
In the Beginning, there was nothing, which exploded ...

Posts: 36 | From: Germany | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 06:54      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello kobold, welcome! [Big Grin]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 07:08      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Kbk.  - to Gc forums.

Get comfortable, spend some time here, have a bit of fun.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 11:09      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oooh! Another philosophy guy... does that mean I can make jokes about the noumenon or the categorical imperative and someone might actually find them amusing?

...or maybe no one ever does for a reason? [shake head]

Anyway, Welcome! Hello! Hang out! Be yourself! Pull up a terminal and gab away.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

Koboldskind
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3849

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 13:38      Profile for Koboldskind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ewomack:
Oooh! Another philosophy guy... does that mean I can make jokes about the noumenon or the categorical imperative and someone might actually find them amusing

Well ... I might... I haven't heard any yet =)

--------------------
In the Beginning, there was nothing, which exploded ...

Posts: 36 | From: Germany | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
jordanv
Assimilated
Member # 3189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 15:49      Profile for jordanv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prove to me that you exist, and i'll laugh at your philosophy jokes.

I'll make it easy for you - you can assume that I exist.

Posts: 364 | From: a house (in Sydney) | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 16:53      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Koboldskind, enjoy your stay!

Sorry to cut it short, I have a sudden urge to watch Labyrinth again... [Wink] (OK, I know the English version have the little critters called goblins, but in French - and other languages? - they are more aptly called kobolds.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 18:38      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guten tag Koboldskind!

Set a spell, kick your shoes off. Ya'll come back now, hear?

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 18:41      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to have another new face on board, here. Hope you enjoy your stay!

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted April 18, 2005 19:58      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture