homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » The Introduction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Introduction
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 20:38      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello
I figured I would take the time to introduce myself. I consider myself a geek, i program in php/mysql, learning C++. Recently i have been using Linux alot and this summer i'm going to use the money i get with my job to build a Linux machine.

In real life i'm an average guy, go out, i'm pretty active, I'm really happy to have found this site to talk to people who share my interests

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 20:46      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the boards, Alfrin! (Hmm, if not said in a happy tone, that could sound like defensive men slamming an offensive hockey player into the side of an ice rink. [Razz] )

I'm Rhonwyyn. I'm known for my pop culture awareness and my highly witty asides. And if you believe that, I have some lovely beachfront property for sale in Jersey. (Keyword being "lovely" [Razz] )

Isn't Alfrin the name of a medicine? Or is it Afrin?
(No, I'm not thinking "aspirin"! [cry baby] )

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 20:55      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Welcome to the boards, Alfrin! (Hmm, if not said in a happy tone, that could sound like defensive men slamming an offensive hockey player into the side of an ice rink.

Sounds like my typical day of tech support...

--------------------

maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 21:03      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Alfrin. Welcome to the forums.
*Insert witty comment here. I'm too tired*

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted April 13, 2005 17:34      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2005 07:39      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, arfie!
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2005 09:21      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to GC, afrin.

Rhonnie, There is/was a medicine called Afrin. I think it was an allergy med.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2005 14:48      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alf. You did say Alf, didn't you? Okay, then.

Howdy Alfrin.  - to GC Forums.

Enjoy your time among this ecclectic gathering of geeky souls.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 14, 2005 18:22      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wazzzuuuuupppppp!!!!

Er.. sorry. Had a bad late 90's/early Y2K (not sure when that was started) flashback. [blush]

Heh. Hallo und willkommen. [Big Grin]

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Orpheus
Highlie
Member # 2397

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2005 10:43      Profile for Orpheus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome welcome, c'mon in kick off your shoes, hang your hat or should I say root... no prolly not that sounds kinda dirty ;p

anyway always good to see more geeks around!

--------------------
my cats make me crazy

Posts: 554 | From: Galveston, TX | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 15, 2005 13:21      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by n4dmx:
Wazzzuuuuupppppp!!!!

Er.. sorry. Had a bad late 90's/early Y2K (not sure when that was started) flashback. [blush]

There is a guy in town here that has Wazzup in his licence plate. He wears a wife beater and sports a big ol' mullet [shake head]

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2005 20:52      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'd be surprised how many people still have mullets around here. And beat their wives, while wearing a wife-beater complete with mustard stains. They manage to avoid spilling a single drop of beer during the whole ordeal.

It is really disgusting. [shake head]

Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dorkimus Prime
Maximum Newbie
Member # 3850

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2005 19:13      Profile for Dorkimus Prime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my first post on here, figure I'll get it over with. [weep] I'm overcome with emotion.
Posts: 12 | From: Right Behind You | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 06:38      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Alfred! From where in Nevada do you hail? Lemme guess, Las Vegas? (I grew up the great metropolis capital city, and also lived in "the biggest little city".)
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 09:04      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Sparks, which is right next door to Reno, nothing really happens out here

--------------------

ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 17, 2005 11:15      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you keep up with the C++ we probably won't be seeing much of you here. I was just released from a recovery center for C++ programmers. They constantly pat your head and say "It's okay!" until you begin to care about the world again. But don't worry, it's all part of the learning process.

So hello! How about a christening? The bottle won't hurt too much... and once you come to you won't remember a thing! [Eek!]

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture