homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » Other Geeky Stuff   » All about you!   » A New Geek Cometh

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A New Geek Cometh
Evendir
Geek Larva
Member # 3839

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 10:17      Profile for Evendir     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there all! I'm new the the GC boards, and here is my obligatory short introduction. I'm pretty much a gamer/computer geek, with a side of math/book geek thrown in. I tend to do a lot of non-geek stuff as well, which is unfortunate because it leaves me incomplete in some important areas -- I probably couldn't tell you the differences between the major Linux distros. Sad but true.

Anyway, my current obsessions would be: World of Warcraft, Tekken 5, re-reading the Hitchhiker's Guide (for maximum movie disappointment potential), and coding on my MUD, Avendar.

Talk to you all soon.

Posts: 21 | From: Best City On Earth: Toronto | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 10:28      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to GC, Evendir.

I am not a very good text-book geek either. I just know what I know.

Stick around and have fun. Others will be by soon.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 10:36      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Evendir:
I probably couldn't tell you the differences between the major Linux distros. Sad but true.

Not really sad. It's actually to linux's detriment that there are so many distros competing for mind-share. You can hear the laughter from Redmond. I most of them went away, it would be no loss.

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 12, 2005 10:39      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Evendir!

Yay, another Canuck [Smile]

Welcome, great to have you aboard.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 10:47      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Velcommen!

I lived in 'The big stink' for 10 years. It was so much fun, I barely remember it [Big Grin]

I am a new WOW player too!! Lvl 21 human warrior playing on Dragonblight.

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 11:52      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy, Evendir.  - to the GC forums.

You mentioned re-reading some book?  -

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
shriver
Geek
Member # 3556

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 12:23      Profile for shriver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome! Have some coffee cake.
Posts: 111 | From: Seattle | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
maia
Alpha Geek
Member # 3778

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 13:23      Profile for maia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings from a fellow newbie and part time math geek. [Cool]
Welcome and Enjoy!

--------------------
Nothing is too petty to be thoroughly discussed.

Posts: 316 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Unclear_Physicist
Geek-in-Training
Member # 3784

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 13:27      Profile for Unclear_Physicist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Evendir

Welcome to the forums [Smile]

--------------------
Le geek est chic

Posts: 36 | From: Guildford, Surrey | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
n4dmx
Geek
Member # 3177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 14:36      Profile for n4dmx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello and welcome! [Big Grin]
Posts: 218 | From: Georgia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 16:21      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, effin' fur. Toronto is the best city in the world. I was born and raised there and I love it.. I hope to be back some day.

As for Linux distros, that's OK, there's only two worth caring about anyway: debian and gentoo. [Smile]

(Insert holy flamewar here.)

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
ZorroTheFox
Member # 917

Icon 14 posted April 12, 2005 16:55      Profile for ZorroTheFox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello and welcome to the forums
Posts: 3046 | From: Tacoma, WA, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2005 17:07      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi and welcome...

BTW what's a Linux distro? [evil]

/ducks and runs for cover....

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture